My Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
CoryBoom! said:
You are on a roll! I guess seening a tangible object that will soon be a finish product must be exhilarating.

Oh question How big is you work space to do this? Right now I am in a cramp apartment and I have a feeling like I am going to be needing to asking favors to use co worker garages.

Great job!

Thanks mate, yerp the feeling of something that you worked hard on and getting it to the final product is really fun and exciting =D for my work space i usually pep(pepakura) inside on my cutting bored and assemble it while im cutting it out, when resin and glass and paint, i go outside. my work area is the size of about 2 lunch/ picnic tables so not too big but not too small also, most of the armor makers make them in their garages. i hope this helps mate =D

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys! here is a quick update, left wrist, left, middle chest, abs, torso, left shoulder, right CQ shoulder, and thighs finished =D YAY nearly done =D so here is a lil fun pic i did wif the completed armor so far, the white pieces are the ones that need to be resin'd, glassed etc, i've also glassed the groin and both the knees ill post pics on them tmro enjoy GUYS!!

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

comments please =D

Sweet Shackz!
But could you get someone to take the pictures outside and a bit closer up the lighting is making it difficult to see all of the details..

I love your paint job on these pieces. Quick question, did you scale the ODST back at all or did you leave it at a default size. I'm around 6'1" and I'm wondering if I should scale it at all as the other ODST pieces I've built have had to be scaled up some.

carpathiavh99 said:
I love your paint job on these pieces. Quick question, did you scale the ODST back at all or did you leave it at a default size. I'm around 6'1" and I'm wondering if I should scale it at all as the other ODST pieces I've built have had to be scaled up some.

Thanks for the kudos =D as for the Torso im around 6"ft so i used the skullcandy size cos she is 5"11 so it didnt really matter for me. BUT when i was collecting all of the ODST files i read that its better to make the torso first then scale everything else separately to get the other pieces (chest stomach packs etc) to be in scale and the whole armor to look overall proportional =D i hope this helps mate, and ill try to get some better pics soon =D

I believe most of the pieces are scaled to a person's height of around 5'8".

@ Saintly Gecko: It is kinda hard to tell from the photos, but the one on the left almost resembles the ODST CQ Shoulder that 1manbattalion made.

thanks guys for all of the kudos =D i just received my urban pants and will do a test fit with the armor later on today, so pics will be up shortly =D thanks alot guys!

OO DOUBLE POST!!! XD but bump cos of update =D here are some clearer pictures guys i hope you like em, the right(my right) chest piece needs to be glassed also the left(my left) stomach, the knees and the groin needs 1 more coat of resin on the outside and then sand and paint =D fun fun, oo those are the camo pants i just got today =D

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

sorry for the loads of pics but =D

=D

Just wondering but how are you setting up the straps?
Like, are you using the usual method or a different way?
Its pretty funny actually, but......for all of my props so far I have just been using cardstock I got from michaels and any piece I made was getting semi warped in some places and were pretty bendy and saggy even after the first layer of resin. (helmet came out great though)
Turns out I was using like 35lb. cardstock the whole time. :sleep:
But about the Skg and team ODST helmet, what is it scaled at?

TrackerXNinjaX said:
Just wondering but how are you setting up the straps?
Like, are you using the usual method or a different way?
Its pretty funny actually, but......for all of my props so far I have just been using cardstock I got from michaels and any piece I made was getting semi warped in some places and were pretty bendy and saggy even after the first layer of resin. (helmet came out great though)
Turns out I was using like 35lb. cardstock the whole time. :sleep:
But about the Skg and team ODST helmet, what is it scaled at?

for the straps ill be using a molle vest and tac belt and molle dog leg straps for the thighs so i guys the normal method but in the pics i was using tape hehe cheap lol.
well i dont know what this is in US stats but im from Australia and use 200 or 220gms card stcok and had no probs with warping, warping usually comes in when you dont match up the numbers correctly in the peping stage.
As for the SKG and team ODST helmet i have no idea im using the NZ-TK helmet. If thats the one you are asking about its about the weta helmet size and i also have glasses and atm peping the helmet so i rekon its wearable even with glasses. hope this helps mate =D

hey guys just a pepping update the helmet is nearly done, im using the files from NZ-TK with the visor inster =D

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

=D

HaloFreakX said:
Did you glass your painted pieces?

yes all painted pieces are glassed, not bondo'd but after the completion of the entire suit ill go back and add details smoothing etc =D

Its starting to look sweet as a nut mate. I cant wait to start working on an ODST now I have seen this one. :D

Shackz, are you putting some sort of cod plat under the one you already made?
I was looking at the pictures and I noticed that there is in fact one under the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back