My paper pistol 99% done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

Well-Known Member
Motive8 said:
pep pistol im working on
Is yours the right scale? Mine ended up huge but mine was a Halo 2 Pistol...

I'm working on a shotgun but I think I might just throw it out...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Motive8

Jr Member
Macattack64 said:
Is yours the right scale? Mine ended up huge but mine was a Halo 2 Pistol...

I'm working on a shotgun but I think I might just throw it out...
I scaled mine down its going to be for my kids halloween costume its 8 in. long 7 high.I sealed the movable chamber and removable clip area.I have since filled it with expanding foam that went well but when i primed it it reacted to the foam and has not dried in those areas.Ill wait a bit to see if it dries well..
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Johny139

Member
Very Nice, I believe you are the second person to successfully assemble this version of the pep pistol.
lol, I also see you had a little trouble at the front, that part was ridiculous assembling.
 

GruntOfAction

Well-Known Member
Very nice job with it. I couldn't figure out how to do papakura if I wanted to..Im not good with paper folding.
 

mark

Jr Member
one problem i always run into for the pep guns is that when glue its hard to glue all the pieces without doing any external gluing
 

MandoMan531

Member
whered you get the file? i have 2 files but ones really screwed up and the other is in exploded view in the 3d window so icant get the scale correct.
 

Macattack64

Well-Known Member
Motive8 said:
I scaled mine down its going to be for my kids halloween costume its 8 in. long 7 high.I sealed the movable chamber and removable clip area.I have since filled it with expanding foam that went well but when i primed it it reacted to the foam and has not dried in those areas.Ill wait a bit to see if it dries well..

That's what I shoulda been looking at when I was doing the program... Shoulda been looking at how long it would be and not if the handle would be just right size... -.-...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Hey, hey! That looks great, Motive! Nice work... ;)

I wouldn't mind tackling that Pepakura build myself (already got started on my MC helmet), but for the life of me I can't find the thread where a link was posted to download it... :whistle:
 

Motive8

Jr Member
Ok first of all it really was a pain in the arse.the file i used Pistol.pdo (i will edit with link when i find )It was harder than usual because the file included the components inside the pistol (inner chamber and removable clip).The numbers were to small and cramped on some pieces not to hard to figure out and i used Bristle board to boot so folding those little mothers ARRG.On the up side it did produce a good representation.it took me about 4hrs to do it start to finish.Minus the nozzel because i found missing pieces in envalope after i glued what i had.Fixable tho.The scale was 8in in lenght or 20 cm.this is set by selecting the muzzle as the bottom plane in pep when it first opens and adjust hight to 20cm.i modified the pep to join allot of the small edges together so i wouldnt have to later (If you can afford it buy this pep program it is amazing what you can do to make your cutting,glueing allot easier as well as saving your files.) I am now in the finishing stage prime fill sand prim etc. will post pics soon
 

Motive8

Jr Member
I cant quite remember the thread but it was on this site the file i believe it was pistol.3DS.
You can select the any plane as top or bottom when you open the file in the program it will ask you things such as flip or select top ,bottom etc.
 

MandoMan531

Member
i already have those files. so whats up with the scale? when you open the pistol file its really tiny, you use the "show objects list" to remove the "balls" from the model and thats as far as i get. I set the paper to letter. and adjust the scale is 26.7cm in height (tip of barrel selected as bottom) and the peices are like microscopic on the pages.

26.7cm is the real length of the gun

and the model isnt centered so you cant zoom in on it.
 

Johny139

Member
I had the some problem when I built my pistol originaly.
Use the "scale up by 10%" button until the grip look about the right size.
Most of this is trial and error.
 

Motive8

Jr Member
MandoMan531 said:
i already have those files. so whats up with the scale? when you open the pistol file its really tiny, you use the "show objects list" to remove the "balls" from the model and thats as far as i get. I set the paper to letter. and adjust the scale is 26.7cm in height (tip of barrel selected as bottom) and the peices are like microscopic on the pages.

26.7cm is the real length of the gun

and the model isnt centered so you cant zoom in on it.
Thats not the file i used..here is the one i used Ive uploaded to my ftp youll need a ftp program to access.Ive uploaded the original 3ds plus saved as pdo with 8 in from tip of barrel to back.

Any other files you need or want to upload be my guest.

HOST vvv.krumwear.com
USER krumwear.12
PSSWRD 8f9a7e
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top