My Project: Spartan Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies. The filler I use is yellowish-grey; the green areas are just the type of cardboard I used to pep some pieces. Currently pepping a new rogue helmet.

With the deadline for this project coming up in November, I thought I'd post all my models...

th_HPIM3425.png th_HPIM3430.png th_HPIM3418.png
th_HPIM3423.png th_HPIM3421.png th_HPIM34072.png

...As well as all the stuff that's either broken, wrong, or not necessary.
th_HPIM3414.png

And I forgot to show you my 15kg of epoxy resin I'm using.
th_HPIM3405.png

I've found a working lead for my camera.
I made a third pair of biceps, but they warped terribly when I rondo'd them, despite the supports I put in. So I've come up with another idea and made an ODST shoulder instead. It looks lovely, but it decided to warp as well.
th_HPIM3434.jpg

My Close Quarters Extra helmet is coming along nicely, however.
th_HPIM3436.jpg

I also got some details foamied onto a handplate.
th_HPIM3440.jpg

Thanks, and CQX is my own version of the CQB helmet. The logic behind it is that it draws on the rigidity of the CQB helmet and is more suited for air assault and general combat.

looking epic so far, but dude SPARE PARTS! how do you work so well that you end up with spares and I havent even finnesh one helm yet :(

I've done a bit more smoothing on the chest attachment and shoulder. And I've also pepped two forearms, got two coats of resin on them and got the first layer of rondo on without incident. Jolly good.

th_HPIM3486.png th_HPIM3485.png
th_HPIM3484.png th_HPIM3483.png
th_HPIM3487.png th_HPIM3488.png

I put a layer of bondo on the forearms, then I used foamies and 4 bondo coats for some detailing. I'm currently making foamies for the elbow 'wing' area.

th_HPIM3490.png th_HPIM3489.png

I got 2 coats of resin on each side of the chest, and I've painted 2 thin coats of rondo on the inside. I think I might need another coat or two. I've put some bondo on to the elbow areas of the forearms where the foamies are. In other news, I've bought another 3 cans of body filler (which should be enough to see me to the end of the project) and a 22kg tub of silicone, which probably won't be enough.

do you use hot glue to make your peps? That's what I did and my peps looked 10 times better than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back