My Project: Spartan Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

009 SPA

Project Spartan Squad

Hey 405th, I thought I'd finally show some progress on my armour project for school.

*Forum move has disallowed pictures*

Project Progress

• Boots (hidef): rondo'd
  • Greaves (hidef): started bondo
  • Cuisses (hidef): rondo'd
  • Cockplate (hidef):rondo'd
  • Chest (meddef): begun bondo
  • CQB chest*: rondo'd, broken
  • ODST shoulder: started bondo
  • Forearms (meddef): begun smoothing
  • Handplate (meddef): almost ready for moulding
  • MkVI helmet (smoothed hidef): rondo'd
  • CQB helmet (smoothdef): almost done detailing
  • ODST helmet (smoothish): begun smoothing
  • Recon helmet (meddef): rondo'd
  • Rogue helmet: half bondo'd

Items marked with a star are not vital to the project and may not be finished if time disallows.

Meddef and Hidef stand for medium and high definition respectively.

As you can probably tell, I'm making multiple Spartans by moulding and casting from one basic suit, with many different helmets and attachments. However, I am a bit of a slow worker and a novice to Pepakura, so when I do post pictures they won't be that amazing. I'm interested to know what you think 405th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've put alot of effort into this, and its looking good. it'll be awesome to see a bunch of Spartans running around :p

dude... I'll make a bet with you:

if you finish 2 of your suits by September 14th, I will personally MAIL you a cookie. but if you don't, then you mail me a cookie. (because I'm doing the same thing, but only 1 very high detailed Master chief) deal?

That's Awesome dude!

Hope you finish all of then until September 14th, to win a Cookie from Project003, hehe

Cheers from Brazil!

Last edited by a moderator:
Annoyingly, this does sort of have to be finished by Autumn, which means I don't have unlimited time and the detail won't be fantastic. But thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Project003, I'd prefer to mail you one of my useless helmets instead, like my emo rogue for example. The rogue helmet you see in the pictures was going fine until I realised that I shouldn't have taken the visor out, so I decided to put it back in by taping up the visor and rondoing it. However, on the second run, there was a hole in the tape and now there's a solidified drip of rondo going down the helmet's face, as if he's crying. sadfaec

I started pepping the ODST helmet on Wednesday evening, and finished it at 4 o'clock Saturday morning:

th_HPIM3201.jpgth_HPIM3200.jpgth_HPIM3199.jpg

Next up is the rogue helmet.

Since the forums were down, I've pepped, resined and rondo'd another rogue helmet, but I think it's too small. I've also pepped both cuisses and the left greave.

th_HPIM3205.jpgth_HPIM3204.jpg
th_HPIM3209.jpgth_HPIM3208.jpg

Worked a bit on the chest, an attachment, and finally rondo'd both greaves. I only have to finish rondoing the boots and the cuisses and then everything will be clean up work before moulding. Yay.

th_HPIM3366.jpgth_HPIM3365.jpg th_HPIM3363.jpg

Thanks, I didn't think I'd done that well.

Edit: @aabateries2, I hope to mould them some time before the beginning of next year or sooner.

I have a bit of progress to share since the last update, mainly because I've only just found my camera. Firstly, I've managed to pep, resin, rondo and start work on the mkv helmet I've wanted for a while.
th_HPIM3374.jpg

I've also done some bondo work on most of the pieces, as well as trying out craft foam for detailing. So far it's working well, although hardening it and fixing imperfections is a little difficult. Any tips?

th_HPIM3372.jpgth_HPIM3373.jpg

On top of that, my main casting material arrived today. Yes, I am mad enough to try Kevlar. For anybody who wants to comment along the lines of 'you're stupid for using it, it's not bulletproof', I'm using it for its impact resistance and lightness. It wasn't even that expensive either. Nine pounds per square metre before David Cameron's charges.

th_HPIM3371.jpg

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice and criticism, thanks.

I gave the back of the chest a spray of flat primer, and it looks better than I expected.

th_HPIM3377.png

I have a few foamies to stick on, but after that it'll be a bit of bondo here and there.

Thought I'd take some pictures of the legs. I haven't done any work on the thighs, at all. They are horrible. Also decided to only make one bootcap since they're almost symmetrical.

th_HPIM3397.png th_HPIM3398.png th_HPIM3400.png

Since the forums were down, I've pepped, resined and rondo'd another rogue helmet, but I think it's too small. I've also pepped both cuisses and the left greave.

th_HPIM3205.jpgth_HPIM3204.jpg
th_HPIM3209.jpgth_HPIM3208.jpg

where do you get your greenish bondo? much better looking than the red stuff I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back