My Take On The Concept Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the look of the pack!!! Any plans to mold and do pulls? I was wondering if you had any sketches you were working from. I have seen several different ODST concepts and was curious as to which look you were after. If we have the same one in mind, I can hardly wait to see your shins. The work is fantastic, I am keeping an eye on this one!

(EDIT thanks to the powers that be for the post combination)

Well as per usual for my projects I jump in with little reference and usually mould em around my taste lol.

This is the model im using for a loose guideline.

59533_Halo3ODST-CharacterRender-04j.jpg

And this is some of the reference for the pack I just added alot of my own ideas.

backpackcollage.jpg

CHeers and thanks for the comments.

Holy $#&7!!! That's look pretty sweet! I wish that you had slightly bigger feet... like 12.5 (ish) ;) I really like the backpack. When I saw the nearby cord to the toaster, I thought that you could make the internal part be a cooler... (which would work out well for "small consumables"). I've heard a couple people wanting to just repaint their armor in desert camo, but I like your idea of making an entirely new suit.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Holy $#&7!!! That's look pretty sweet! I wish that you had slightly bigger feet... like 12.5 (ish) ;) I really like the backpack. When I saw the nearby cord to the toaster, I thought that you could make the internal part be a cooler... (which would work out well for "small consumables"). I've heard a couple people wanting to just repaint their armor in desert camo, but I like your idea of making an entirely new suit.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

Damn he has small feet i cant even dream of it he made it my size :/ I'm 14 US size 48 Europe size...

Iknow i'm huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually if you take into account the tape layer and the clay these will fit a lot of sizes. And I'm casting in flex foam so it should flex.

Well the boots are a success I made the first pull tonight of 320 and its smooth as can be Ill post up pics tomorrow cant find the camera cord.

BLARG BLARGITY.....OMFG WHATS A WORD THAT IS BETTER THAN AMAZING?!?!? That is effing AWESOMESAUCETACULAR Freaking epic dude. I am lovin it

Well update time I pulled a cast from the toe lastnight and one from the heel tonight. after a little sanding on the edges I had my first pull ready.

2009-12-10204055.jpg

A test fit and some black pirimer.

2009-12-09214402.jpg

2009-12-09214515.jpg

I started with a black basecoat and drybrushed several layers of metallics to bring out the detail and give it that worn cast metal look. I finished it out with some splashes and smudges of browns and a sealer. Then with some wood screws mounted it to my boot, Now I need to pick up some flexfoam for the final models.

2009-12-10203959.jpg

2009-12-10204015.jpg

2009-12-10204034.jpg

Cheers!

Holy crap! Great work man, I never even thought of doing it that way! Looks like I'ma go get me some clay soon!

Well he next stage of my build will be under way shortly, I have blocked up a stack of foam to start carving the next part. The boot mould is waiting on some flexfoam for the final models and the backpack is prepped and waiting on the silicone for the moulds. I also have started making the patterns for the ammo pouches and other soft parts. that will be sewn from denim and attached to the molle system of the costume. Updates soon guys and gals.

Cheers!

I thought about using floral foam before I found this site and pepakura but I could never find anywhere or sites that sold big pieces. Where did you get yours?

Squirtle117 said:
I thought about using floral foam before I found this site and pepakura but I could never find anywhere or sites that sold big pieces. Where did you get yours?

I just use the 4x4x8" blocks from hobbylobby or walmart and glue them together with foam glue from the same place. Hot glue works also but its a pain to carve across the seam.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back