My Torso Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frizzlefry, that helmet looks downright kickass. In my humble opinion, Pepakura is a program sent from the gods. :mrgreen:

Anyone know what hight these are scaled for by default?

If you are using the .pdo's that JediFraz made then they are already sufficiently scaled.

I'm 5'11" and about 210 lbs. It's still slightly big on me. There is an option to decrease the size by about 10%. You may want to do that if you are at least a little bit smaller than me.

The 2D window gives you the dimensions of the fully assembled piece. I found that extremely helpful in making the right size for me.

The option below the one you're talking about Jedifraz is what to look at after you have figured out what you want the measurements to be. The "Scale Development to specific value option" shows the assembled height and the SCALE of the piece. If you have the measurements you need for that piece, just put in the correct height info and open the option again. Copy the scale number and you can just apply it to any other pieces you make from that model. So once you figure out the first piece size, you can insta-size everything to fit.

I'll photoshop some measurements into the helmet comparison thread to help this along as soon as I make a final mock-up of my Mk V helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using papekura to unfold models of the weapons, then comparing the completed size with the 'actual' size of the weapon.

Weapon Size Scale
M6D 26.7 30.36
MA5B 87.6 30.35
M90 118.1 30.46
Sniper 187.5 30.29
Spnkr 134.9 30.24

Av. Scale 30.342.

Gives a H2 Master chief a size of 2m19cm. Or 7'2".

I thought it would be more usefull to give everyone a set of standard armour as well as the tools they need so they could modify it to fit themselves. Just like you'd have to do with any purchased armour.

That's why I didn't put it out initially as a pdf or page images.

Fraz

Nice work!, how you gunna reinforce? fibreglass cloth+ resin for postive molding? or some other means.
Keep us updated, pal ;-)

JediFraz said:
Using papekura to unfold models of the weapons, then comparing the completed size with the 'actual' size of the weapon.

Weapon Size Scale
M6D 26.7 30.36
MA5B 87.6 30.35
M90 118.1 30.46
Sniper 187.5 30.29
Spnkr 134.9 30.24

Av. Scale 30.342.

Gives a H2 Master chief a size of 2m19cm. Or 7'2".

I thought it would be more usefull to give everyone a set of standard armour as well as the tools they need so they could modify it to fit themselves. Just like you'd have to do with any purchased armour.

That's why I didn't put it out initially as a pdf or page images.

Fraz

Thanks for the great work. I always wondered exactly how tall the chief was. :Steve:

I guess the next step is to make a standard sliding scale based on height. Say 5'6"-6'6". Ah well, I can worry about that later, gotta to focus on finals for the next couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
so im using the 3d model thing cuz its easy. and i forgot about the copy right thing. once i have it done i might redo so its different. but i finished putting together a shoulder section using a cardboard sheet. not like a cardboard box type stuff. 79 cents for a sheet 35 x 40 so its cheap and decently strong. and after im going to fiberglass it.

I want to make mass quantities of suits, but not to resell. I wish I could disclose why, but for now it will remain a secret.

If all works out, maybe in a year or two I'll be able to divulge more information.

Is there any copyrighting issues with just mearly making/selling "fan Made" armor or costume? I know you cant use the words spartan, or halo, or masterchief. But as long as your not setting up a sweat shop someplace cranking out hundreds of costumes per month. There shouldnt be an issue.

No one can stop you from making a costume, nor selling your creation, you just cant use the words associated with the licensed product. As far as I know anyway I could be wrong. But as far as Ive seen bungie is the only company with a fan base that doesnt sell its costumes out at all.

DM

I don't think the fan made armour is an issue, provided you don't claim it's official armour or start a store up called "spartan armour" which sells hundreds of them at a time.

Thanks, Sean. Very handy indeed :Steve:

Kinda as I figured about the naming of the replicas etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back