n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.

billydakid

Jr Member
im gonna be doing a marine armor set, the helmet is based of a baseball helmet and ive already cut out carboard templates of all the shapes im gonna need to finish the helmet

but i dont know what kinda of plastic to use, i want this to be tough for CBQ combat too.

How do you mold it? ( i know you use heat but how much heat ) what can you use to cut the plastic?

Sorry kid, but molding a helmet is expensive, you just dont heat and apply plastic, and you cant use cardboard when working with hot plastic at 450 degrees, molding is not for beginners.

i really dont want to mold an entire helmet

i dont think im even gonna "mold" anything. i guess i can use styrene or sintra and cut out the shapes ill need ( thats what the carboard templates are for ), but i need a little curvature in them

what thickness can i use?

thanks

ill show you what i want to do exatly

100_0270.jpg
100_0269.jpg

100_0271.jpg

100_0272.jpg
100_0273.jpg

i wanna be able to replicate these carboard peices to plastic

so i can use sintra sheets and just cut out the peices, but i dont want boil it, i just need it to curve like that

Fiberglass will still yield one of the best helmets. Just clothe and paint it over, nice work btw.

Good Job!

alright, can you send me a guide on how to fiberglass, costs too

i want this helmet to be tough, its gonna be used for airsoft combat, meaning i dont have to worry about having holes in it or if i hit it agaisnt a wall ( slightly not slamming ) it wont break

also for the body armor, im trying to follow behind link4044's marine armor http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=876

and on the first page, he did the body armor, it was sintra plastic. so how can i acheive that?

this-
marinearmor3.jpg

bloodxbrothers said:
alright, can you send me a guide on how to fiberglass, costs too

i want this helmet to be tough, its gonna be used for airsoft combat, meaning i dont have to worry about having holes in it or if i hit it agaisnt a wall ( slightly not slamming ) it wont break
also for the body armor, im trying to follow behind link4044's marine armor http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=876
and on the first page, he did the body armor, it was sintra plastic. so how can i acheive that?

this-
marinearmor3.jpg
That's where heat forming comes in, either by hot water or heat gun. Just apply heat where you want it to bend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed.

How can you print out plastic sheets from a printer? You cant, you make the armor out of 100lb cardstock, then resin and glass it, if you read, you will understand everything, dont be lazy, read the stickies.

why dont u just use spazes idea and go buy a bunch of plastic for sale signs and cut them up.

EDIT: Come to think of it I think it was darth who did it. If so sorry for the confusion. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back