Name that Armor........ It's the ARGUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time!!! Well despite being on furlough for 3 months I barley got anything done on my suit.....except for 1 thigh....

IMG_0783.jpgIMG_0785.jpg

I think I nailed the size!!! I'm very confident that everything else will fit just as well.

I'm going through my supplies and came across a box of Glaze Coat I got from Home Depot. Its an epox resin but might work just like the Bondo resin. Its mostly used as a top coat for table tops, bar tops or encapsulating items. It cost a few dollars more than the bondo resin but its a bit stronger and more scratch resistance. And because I have the stuff and don't want to shell out for another can of bondo......cheap SOB......I mean thrifty son of a gun.

Sorry for the delay zachturner009, I have been getting my bearings back in order since I got back to work......and its kicking my ass!!! As requested, Thigh and shin suit up, and I even threw in the knee.

IMG_0815.jpgIMG_0817.jpg

I'm still in the middle of assembling the right thigh.....I only get like 3-4 pieces in at night now-a days. I'm having trouble w/ my adhesive. I think I got a bad tube of Duco. I keep having to go back over a tabs that keeps popping open. But progress is progress. I should have put on both shins now that I think about it. The boots are actually pinned down to some foamboard to keep its shape and I didn't want to mess that up. I really should resin those up at least, this way they will keep better shape than sitting on the shelf for another few months till everything is finished. The most interesting thing is that I put these on w/ a pair of jeans....not the most form fitting or easiest things to wear while wearing armor.....so when I get/make my undersuit, I should have 0 problems with fitting and suiting up. Next piece will be the butt plate. I have decided that the cod, lower abdomen, and the spine will be out of foam since I need those areas to be a bit more flexible than a fiberglassed piece. Most probably will be attached to the undersuit. I have a ton of 3/8 inch foam for this but one side has those heavy diamond shapes on it and I don't know how well those will attach to the undersuit...or even if it will.....that is another problem, for another day......(I envision myself cutting off all those stupid things by hand)

Sorry for the delay zachturner009, I have been getting my bearings back in order since I got back to work......and its kicking my ass!!! As requested, Thigh and shin suit up, and I even threw in the knee.

View attachment 292131View attachment 292132

I'm still in the middle of assembling the right thigh.....I only get like 3-4 pieces in at night now-a days. I'm having trouble w/ my adhesive. I think I got a bad tube of Duco. I keep having to go back over a tabs that keeps popping open. But progress is progress. I should have put on both shins now that I think about it. The boots are actually pinned down to some foamboard to keep its shape and I didn't want to mess that up. I really should resin those up at least, this way they will keep better shape than sitting on the shelf for another few months till everything is finished. The most interesting thing is that I put these on w/ a pair of jeans....not the most form fitting or easiest things to wear while wearing armor.....so when I get/make my undersuit, I should have 0 problems with fitting and suiting up. Next piece will be the butt plate. I have decided that the cod, lower abdomen, and the spine will be out of foam since I need those areas to be a bit more flexible than a fiberglassed piece. Most probably will be attached to the undersuit. I have a ton of 3/8 inch foam for this but one side has those heavy diamond shapes on it and I don't know how well those will attach to the undersuit...or even if it will.....that is another problem, for another day......(I envision myself cutting off all those stupid things by hand)
Dude, perfect! Not sure why everyone brings up you inability to scale properly, it looks perfect man, I'll finish up my shins and do a "leg shoot" too! Also dem legs

Dude, perfect! Not sure why everyone brings up you inability to scale properly, it looks perfect man, I'll finish up my shins and do a "leg shoot" too! Also dem legs

Oh, the inability to scale is well earned.....but it was for my Centurion helmet. 8 tries and 8 fails.......and it took outside help to get it done....(thank you PerniciousDuke!!!! My hero!!)..,...and stop staring at my legs (blushing again).....probably my best feature

Hey guys.....so I've been on and off again with my build and just finished one forearm....its an unusual piece that I was not expecting it to come in 2 or more parts. More about that later but here is what my piece looks like:

IMG_0878.jpgIMG_0879.jpgIMG_0880.jpg
It took me a bit longer than I hoped for but its done....at least one of them....and I'm missing a few pieces....not sure how that happened but nothing that would compromise the integrity of the piece. Now comes the weird part.

IMG_08802part.jpg

This whole top section is a separate piece. I wasn't expecting something like this. Suffice to say it does look like it should.....
2caqumye6r4ypointer.jpg

My biggest concern is this point.....I'm going to designate where the arrow is as the "tab" and the other part it connects to as the "sleeve". The sleeve portion is kind of box-y and the tab part wraps around the arm so it's circular so I'm having trouble matching them to make the 2 look like it should go together. The point I indicated is not looking like it should....the angle of attachment is so steep, that tab at that point overlaps the groove that it's so posed to sit in. If I force it, not only does it change the shape, it increases the overall size of the circumference, making it huge. As is, it's just about my size...so I can't afford to make it any larger. Its going to take more foam in the inside to keep this piece from moving around so much.

IMG_0881.jpgIMG_0882.jpg

Another issue is when I resin this for it's first coat......I could do them separately.....but then I would have a problem of matching them back together....no guarantee that they will match. Even then I have to figure out how to attach them back together. Most probably going to attach some braces on the inside to keep the shape regardless whether I resin together or not. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

No that was because I had placed the armhole opening I’m the wrong place......it created a gap. I have since filled that in. This is a missing template piece. Nothing a large as the erroneous gap...it’s smaller than a penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back