NayrDeathExp's Halo Reach suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive paint skills!

Only... and not to be a bitch... couldn't you get a different switch for your helmet fan? I mean... look at that thing. It ruins the general look of your awesome helmet! SERIOUSLY!

look up a video that Sean Bradley made on youtube for the auction of one of his helmets for some charity group. Take a CLOSE look at the switches he implemented, ALSO on the outside of the helmet! (I'd take the inside honestly.)

Actually... and before ripping it apart. I used the EXACT same switch kind to activate the LED's... But i put it in front of my chin and INSIDE the helmet... So I could operate it with my lower jaw... Worked... of sorts... just didn't do it that much cause I didn't cover it with some rubber. And that ended up making my chin sore.

Actually... and before ripping it apart. I used the EXACT same switch kind to activate the LED's... But i put it in front of my chin and INSIDE the helmet... So I could operate it with my lower jaw... Worked... of sorts... just didn't do it that much cause I didn't cover it with some rubber. And that ended up making my chin sore.
Why not make it a momentary button and use your tongue?

Impressive paint skills!

Only... and not to be a bitch... couldn't you get a different switch for your helmet fan? I mean... look at that thing. It ruins the general look of your awesome helmet! SERIOUSLY!

look up a video that Sean Bradley made on youtube for the auction of one of his helmets for some charity group. Take a CLOSE look at the switches he implemented, ALSO on the outside of the helmet! (I'd take the inside honestly.)

Thanks. I wanted the switch to be that size and on the outside that way it's easy to turn the fan on and off while keeping the helmet and the rest of my suit on. Ever try to push a tiny button on the inside of your helmet while still wearing your entire suit? It's a pain.

I'm not going to support the method TK used to suggest alternate locations for the switch, since it was, honestly, quite rude. However, there are other, less conspicuous places to locate the switch. Take a look at this picture...

DSC04881.jpg

You can just make out the two switches behind where the ears would be (I actually have two, one for the lights and one for the fans). They're very accessible, yet discreet enough to avoid sticking out.

You've got an awesome helmet with a great paint job, but I do agree that my eye is immediately drawn to the switch sticking out the bottom. HOWEVER, you're the only person that has to be happy with the helmet. This is only a suggestion on my part, so you can feel free to disregard it.

I'm not going to support the method TK used to suggest alternate locations for the switch, since it was, honestly, quite rude. However, there are other, less conspicuous places to locate the switch. Take a look at this picture...

DSC04881.jpg

You can just make out the two switches behind where the ears would be (I actually have two, one for the lights and one for the fans). They're very accessible, yet discreet enough to avoid sticking out.

You've got an awesome helmet with a great paint job, but I do agree that my eye is immediately drawn to the switch sticking out the bottom. HOWEVER, you're the only person that has to be happy with the helmet. This is only a suggestion on my part, so you can feel free to disregard it.

Thank you. I appreciate the suggestion and the compliments :) I'm too lazy to move the switch on the MK VI, but I'm probably going to take the route you took next time I install electronics in a helmet.

You're completely right about the size. An it's indeed you who has to be happy with it. As long as you are.

THUMBS UP MATE. GREAT JOB

The other solution with the buttons behind the "ears"

Dude. That's smart. I REALLY like that. Even better than Sean's charity ODST build. I'm going to have to do that as well!
Hope you don't mind!

Nice work! im lovin that paint job, as well as all the details on the armor. I cant wait to see more!

Looking really nice man. Not sure how I have missed this one so far but will be following it from now on :)

Keep up the great work,
Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back