NayrDeathExp's Halo Reach suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayrDeath

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I've started a thread, and I have got quite bit done over these past few months so this thread is here to prove it. A long time ago I started to work on a Halo Reach suit, but I constantly got side-tracked. In between working on it I've made a Deathmantle Cowl from WoW, Verac The Defiled's suit of armor from RuneScape, and I've started to work on an Iron Man helmet; So needless to say, I've been busy haha! Anyways, I've started work on my Halo suit once again and I felt like a WIP thread was necessary.

Here's my Halo Reach character. This is the suit that I'll be making.
NDE.png

So far I've got my left arm finished, my right arm started, and my helmet ready for paint.

Left Forearm
100_1152.jpg

100_1153.jpg

Left Bicep
100_1149.jpg

100_1150.jpg

Right Shoulder Pad
100_1147.jpg

100_1148.jpg

Knee Pad
100_1145.jpg

100_1146.jpg

Here they are all together
100_1144.jpg

Helmet
So when it came to the helmet I wanted one that I could drop kick and not have to worry about repairing. I figured that one casted in plastic would be stronger than one made of fiberglass, so I bought a cast from Matth101. It was pretty warped and needed quite a bit of TLC (Tender love and care, not that stupid TV network. "I know how to fix my helmet, I'll force it to watch American Chopper!"). And after 3 days of work with a heat gun, a sander, and a Dremel, it ended up looking like this:

100_1137.jpg

100_1139.jpg

100_1140.jpg

100_1141.jpg

Not bad, right? I'm going to have to completely re-build the neck armor thing on the back of the helmet. Soon I'm going to buy a visor, I'm debating on whether or not to etch in the visor detail or if I should make a double-visor.

So that's what I have so far! I always love questions and comments so I look forward to hearing from all of you! :D

-Ryan

Lord let me say, great job so far (not bad, no way)

Señor permiteme decir, excelente trabajo hasta el momento (no esta nada mal, de ninguna manera)

looks fantastic man! if i was you i would try to add a bit more hot glue in the seams of your foam work. too much is almost better than not enough on foam work i think, you can always cut it off after

-Toja: Thanks, I appreciate it! :)
-Andrew: Thank you! And I always have trouble cutting off the excess hot glue, it just looks messy in the end. So that's why I don't use that much.
-Thorn: Thank you very much! :)

Update

Good morning 405th! The other day when I started this thread I started to work on my right bicep piece. I finished it yesterday so here's how it looks:

It only has the base colors on it here. No weathering what so ever. Oh, and the block thing is for attaching the shoulder pad.
100_1154.jpg

100_1155.jpg

Finished Bicep and Shoulder Pad

100_1164.jpg

100_1162.jpg

I hope everyone likes it. Today I'm gonna try and get some work done on my helmet before I go to work. Thanks for viewing! :)

-Ryan

Solid work, man! :O
I really like the paint job and color scheme you have there!
It makes me want to jump ahead and get to work on my Reach suit! But one thing at a time! Gotta finish Tex first!
I plan on using the same shoulder attachment for my left bicep so I may have to use you as reference! :p

Keep building! It's lookin' great!

-Alexis

Solid work, man! :O
I really like the paint job and color scheme you have there!
It makes me want to jump ahead and get to work on my Reach suit! But one thing at a time! Gotta finish Tex first!
I plan on using the same shoulder attachment for my left bicep so I may have to use you as reference! :p

Keep building! It's lookin' great!

-Alexis
Thank you! And if you're gonna make the Sniper Pad then I'm gonna upload a picture of my template for you! :D Stay tuned, I'll have it up soon (Hopefully).

-Ryan

Mini Update

Sorry for the double post. Here's my template for my Sniper Pad. This is mostly for Saber, but I don't care if any others want to use it, just give me credit if you use it please! :)

scan0001.jpg

Enjoy! Also if you guys want me to upload my template for the commando pad just say so.

-Ryan

I was actually referring to the Commando attachment. I should have probably said that first. :p haha My bad.

-Saber

i really love the paintjob... in the case of my own project... what materials did you use to paint and seal you parts. did you paint your sniperplate on the shoulder in seperate parts or did you tape the pieces you didnt want to paint?

i really love the paintjob... in the case of my own project... what materials did you use to paint and seal you parts. did you paint your sniperplate on the shoulder in seperate parts or did you tape the pieces you didnt want to paint?

I use plasti-dip and Krylon spray paints. I mask off areas that are different colors. For example: I spray it black and mask off the black areas, Spray it grey and mask off grey areas, spray it red, then I take off the tape. Then once all that's done I weather it.

UPDATE

This morning I got my helmet all painted up and ready for a visor (Sadly, they haven't came in the mail yet)! So pretty much all it needs now is the visor, the padding, and maybe a few lights.

On the brim of the Mark VI in Reach there is a UNSC logo. What I did was trace it on to masking tape, cut out the design, used it like a stencil, and the added the tiny details.

Without details painted on
100_1165.jpg

With Details
100_1166.jpg

Before weathering
100_1167.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1170.jpg

After weathering
100_1171.jpg

100_1172.jpg

100_1173.jpg

Well that's it for the day! I'll try and have another update either monday or tuesday!

-Ryan

Matth101: Thanks, bud! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. :)
Annanymous: Thank you, When I was sanding I was really careful not to bevel the edges, they looks better crisp and sharp.
Thorn696: Thank you. :)

*UPDATE*
Alrighty! It's been a while, hasn't it guys? Well I apologize for the wait but I've had a really busy week. I got a promotion at work, went shooting with my dad, played waaay too much Reach with my friend Miguel, went to a fair with my girlfriend, and as you're about to see I finished the Mk VI.

*The work I got done between saturday and monday*
Saturday I went shopping and got these:
100_1174.jpg

100_1175.jpg

The padding lacked a shell, so after a bit of foam work I made this:
100_1176.jpg

Then I installed everything and my helmet turned out like this:
100_1180.jpg

100_1178.jpg

100_1187.jpg

100_1181.jpg

That last picture shows the switch on my lower jaw used to turn on the fan.

*Finished Helmet*
So monday afternoon my visors came in the mail. I spent my entire morning tuesday trying to get them installed and looking nice. Boy was it a pain....

100_1190.jpg

100_1192.jpg

100_1191.jpg

100_1193.jpg

100_1194.jpg

And now, for those of you curious about my vision with a double visor, here's a look through my eyes:
100_1196.jpg

Well it took a while but I'm finally happy to say my helmet is DONE! I think the only things I may add in the future are LEDs. I'll try and take better pictures of the helmet sometime soon; these don't really do it justice. Questions and comments always welcome!

-Ryan

Hot damn buddy, I am LOVIN this build! Immediately subscribing! The arm pieces look terribly fantastic and the helmet is perfect.

I noticed that you have the same helmet liner that I bought, so I'm gonna steal your idea of how to install it. Hope you don't mind ha ha!

Loving the helmet, You have some Mad skill's in paint too. Subscribing just so I can see how this come's out.:cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back