Need A Non-Profit Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasp2100

Jr Member
Ok, I need a partner again. And mods, no this is not like my other thread, it will be non profit, because I can pep good, I just SUCK at bondo. So here's the deal, I will pep 2 suits, one for me and one for him (or her) of our choice. You will bondo both suits and I will pep both suits. But just to make sure I'm not getting scammed, you must be a veteran, and I must see some of your bondo work. I also have an unopened can of bondo He/she can use.

not to be to harsh but that's a crap deal for whoever does all the bondo work for you sir. Bondo work not only costs more to do but also takes much more time/ and skill. Not to discount the fact that shipping your "finished" suit back would be a substantial added cost on their part.

I said I have some bondo equipment, I even have a respirator they can use and I can pay for a little extra. But if you still think the deal sucks than I'm ok with that, I was just wondering.

That is a terrable deal. I bet very few, if any members would be willing to put up hundreds of hours in time, and a hundred or more dollars in Bondo and other stuff for nothing in return. Seriously, you should try and offer something back to the member that will be worth his/her efforts.

This would be fair to an extent if you had a good background and had helped the community very often. No offense, but this is not really the case at this point. Bondo is expensive and can easily reach into the hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours, especially when bondoing a whole suit. Two suits? You'd be looking at a potential 2-3 month wait, 4-6 months if the person did both suits before sending yours back.

I don't mean to sound rude (and please don't take it that way, it's not my intention), but in the same regard as your post we don't know whether you're the scammer here. One tub of bondo is very little when used on a whole suit, so unless you pepped spot-on perfect high-def pep files, you'd be in debt about 4-5 cans of bondo per suit (potentially) that you'd end up having to pay for (otherwise, someone just spent ~50-100 bucks on your suit), not to mention shipping charges.

If I could make a recommendation:

1. Have your suit pepped, resined, and fiberglassed at the point you bring this up.

2. Have a few cans of bondo on hand and money for return shipping.

3. If someone offers to help, you should pep, resin, and fiberglass their suit, then send both suits to the person (obviously, the person must be trustworthy).

4. Wait a few weeks/months for your suit to be done.

5. Get your suit in the mail.

And that's about it, I think. Again, no offense, but you seem to be underestimating how long it takes to pep a suit well, resin it, fiberglass it (for the suit you make them), and the cost and time spent working with bondo (for the bondo work you do for them).

i can do parts, not the whole suit. ( like i bondo your part, like a boot, then you send me my part( a boot) and i send yours back at the same time).

9dfccca1.jpg

428b347b.jpg

577d6b7d.jpg

i did these in an hour. these are not anywhere neer done yet. i would also spend a lot more time and effort in doing this for someone else. send me a pm if your interested

I am almost interested in this, but the weather is getting too cold for outside work. I HATE pepping pieces, but I don't mind doing bondo work much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back