Need Assistance (Reaper Armor build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaleASSASSIN04

This is probably not on your highest of priorities especially for the "master builders" of the 405th but I need help creating the pep files for the reaper body armor in halo 5. I would do it myself but my hands are tied at the moment with work and current builds I'm doing. I've checked the file directory and no records of reaper armor have been found to say the least. It's saddening because I noticed that frequently in certain armor files. Please help fill these up because I'm sure some people in different areas of halo appreciate other armor just like I do.

This is probably not on your highest of priorities especially for the "master builders" of the 405th but I need help creating the pep files for the reaper body armor in halo 5. I would do it myself but my hands are tied at the moment with work and current builds I'm doing. I've checked the file directory and no records of reaper armor have been found to say the least. It's saddening because I noticed that frequently in certain armor files. Please help fill these up because I'm sure some people in different areas of halo appreciate other armor just like I do.

You'll have more luck posting this in the "pepakura files request" thread in the pepakura sub-forum. Keep in mind it takes time to create and unfold a pep model.

It's saddening because I noticed that frequently in certain armor files. Please help fill these up because I'm sure some people in different areas of halo appreciate other armor just like I do.
Then they should help unfold some.. Aren't there like 200+ armors in Halo 5?? It takes a long time to unfold a model well, so there are going to be vacant armor files for awhile. Doesn't mean you can't ask, but you should do it in the appropriate thread.

You can try to unfold these yourself. The .obj files are in the "Modeller's Resources" section, but they are there! So, there is record of that, just it wasn't unfolded.
Also, if there are so many people interested in all these armors, then perhaps should they try to unfold these too. It takes time to unfold and these kind people do it in their own free time, they aren't machines!

Also, like it was said - please post in the proper thread instead of making new one.

It's worth noting that if, instead of saying 'there isn't an unfold for this armour set, could somebody make one?' people actually learned the process for themselves, we might have a much fuller library of files for others to enjoy.

This isn't a complaint, nor am I telling anybody off, but it's something to bear in mind. This forum was built upon contributions, and people have begun to contribute less and expect more - so, let's try to foster an attitude of 'I'll do it!' rather than 'somebody else needs to do it for me'.

The OBJ for the Reaper armour loadout is in the Halo 5 OBJ files area, from what I can remember! I was working on doing an unfold for it, but with unfolding a vast majority of the other armours as well, and doing my own suit, I've kinda fallen behind. But it really isn't that hard to do unfolding! It's kinda fun!

The OBJ for the Reaper armour loadout is in the Halo 5 OBJ files area, from what I can remember! I was working on doing an unfold for it, but with unfolding a vast majority of the other armours as well, and doing my own suit, I've kinda fallen behind. But it really isn't that hard to do unfolding! It's kinda fun!

That's right! PaleASSASSIN04, you can find the raw files HERE - I'll help you split them up if you need.

Also attached is a thumbnail of my current work. Yes, it looks daunting, but if you take it at a slow pace, you'll get the hang of it.

Attachments

• Argus Torso Unfold.JPG
    Argus Torso Unfold.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 266
Last edited by a moderator:
yes I would like help to split them up Chernobyl. I have a question though...what do you mean by "split them up"?

Currently the armour is a 'complete' file - it has all the parts in one file. Generally, it's better to have each piece (shoulder, forearm, chest, thigh, etc) in its own file. It's a five minute job to split it all up for you, and as soon as it's done I'll shoot it on up to you, if you want it.

Attachments

• reaper body.JPG
    reaper body.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back