Need Help With A Pep File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon54

Hi, my friends and I are making a set of Daft Punk helmets. We have the pep done for 2 Thomas helmets, but we are having trouble with the Guy helmet. There are different versions of the Guy helmet, one of which I really dont prefer... This is the thread with all of the files. Guy-man.pdo and Guy-man_final.pdo are the ones that I want to print, but pepakura crashes every time I try. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading both Pep Viewer and Designer, and I've tried redownloading the pdo's on 3 separate computers, but the same problem persists... I'm using the free version of Pep by the way, I dunno if that has something to do with it.

I can't seem to find any solutions to this problem. Only one other person has had this issue and I've tried the suggestions people gave him. I don't want to use the older Guy design because the scaling is very weird... like, to make it tall enough for my head (275mm), it would have to be a whole foot deep... That and the fact that the newer design is smoother and rounded. The guy who worked on the Guy-man.pdo was 20xx and the one who adjusted the pattern was 4ng31. 20xx has yet to get back to me on this, and 4ng31 tried re-hosting the file for me but it still crashes Pep...

As I said, the problem happens the moment I hit print. If there are any Pep-pro's out there that could maybe re-unfold guy-man_final.pdo or help in some other way, I would be eternally grateful!

Ral Partha said:
That's strange. I just downloaded and opened the files using PD2 and PD3. No problems at all.

Did you try printing them? I can open them too, but it crashes when it tries to start printing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xenon said:
Did you try printing them? I can open them too, but it crashes when it tries to start printing.

Hmm, PD3 crashed also while trying to print the Guy_man files. Not so for the other pdo files. Can you switch to PD2? That's the only quick-fix I can think of right now.

Ral Partha said:
Hmm, PD3 crashed also while trying to print the Guy_man files. Not so for the other pdo files. Can you switch to PD2? That's the only quick-fix I can think of right now.

Yay! It worked! I wish I would have tried that sooner. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back