Need some help on a non-Halo related costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reionyx

Hello,
I am new here. I am making a costume and really need some advise. I not stuck on it, I just need some help on how to go about some of the more complicated parts of it.

Here is what I am basing my costume off of:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/Cybermat/Kamen_Rider_OOO_Tajadoru_Combo.jpg

I am going to make it mostly from foam.
The part in particular I want to ask for help is the shoulders. How would you sugggest doing them, or is there a pep file I can use and adapt it?

Any help is very appriciated! Thank you!!

I may not be seeing it right, but wouldn't you just go about it like the rest of the armor? 6 foam pieces 2 per each level of the shoulder (The overlapping plate things), one for the front and one for the back. Then the small shoulder under that is simple. Correct me if I'm looking at it wrong.

I may not be seeing it right, but wouldn't you just go about it like the rest of the armor? 6 foam pieces 2 per each level of the shoulder (The overlapping plate things), one for the front and one for the back. Then the small shoulder under that is simple.

hhhmmm. Did not think of it like that... lol.
The hard part is getting them to curve upwards.

A hair dryer set on high will probably soften it enough so that you can get that bend after it is all done. Just make sure not to melt your hot glue that you use to form it together.

After studying the image very closely, I can tell that it's not that you have to use a hair dryer or anything to shape it, it's all in how you cut it out of the foam and the right cut will naturally give it the slight curve shape of the shoulder pieces.

I also noticed that the wide "trim" of the shoulder pieces start to get more narrow towards the tip. I'm imagining that you would cut out the basic shape of the shoulder pieces in an arch shape. Looking at the tip of the shoulder, I can tell the top edge does not go out straight, but rather in an upwards angle. This will also affect the slight curve shape for when you cut this out of the foam.

All I can you is to really study the pieces and if need be, do a small test for the pattern out of paper. Sketch out the shape you think you will need and see how it looks. Once you discover the right way to make it, you should be able to go from there. The shoulder pieces look quite simple to me and you should easily be able to creat this out of foam. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back