Nemesis Force Sword - WH40k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djinn

Jr Member
No rest for the wicked~
I didn't have any 3d models of this one, so I used it as an excuse to learn how to rip models from video games and import them into pepakura viewer.

15 hours of slamming my face into the wall that is 3ds Studio, I finally figured it all out. I now have so many awesome 3d models I don't even know where to start. The model I am going to use for the NFS comes from the Dawn of War (1) mod Firestorm over Kaurava. It is depressingly low detail, but such is life. I may mix and match parts from different weapons to finish it, but here is the initial model.

model.png

Untitled.png

I plan on turning this into a pep file and basing most of the scaling off the built model. Because of the large size this sword is going to end up being, I will probably try making the blade from foam.

I'm just happy to be able to get my own models now, I even got my grubby little hands on the models from the DoW II: Retribution beta, and there is some SEXY stuff in that bad boy.

.. like this!
laurels.png

Anyways, after a fairly quick pep job for the blade, here it is.
CIMG1539%20%28Large%29.JPG

It's a quick and dirty job, but as I plan to use high density foam for the blade (to reduce weight), this blades only purpose is for using as a reference when I'm shaping the actual blade. It should serve that purpose perfectly.

Moving right along, I made a second much cleaner copy of the first blade out of rigid insulation foam
CIMG1545%20(Medium).JPG

Without really thinking it through very much, I went ahead and made a channel in the blade on both sides for the EL strips, and permanently mounted the piece I will be using for the hilt. Obviously the hilt will be trimmed down to whatever size I end up wanting it.

CIMG1546%20(Medium).JPG

Not to be caught twiddling my thumbs, I then coated the entire thing is a thick layer of Epoxy resin. The resin is currently drying, when it does I have to sand it down a little and bondo up the blade.
Next up for today is the start of the handle!

Well, after two days of intense fever and random flu symptoms, I recovered enough to get back to work.
I guess sleep deprivation does a number on ones immune system.

Anyways, had to make up for lost time today, so I sanded down the resin, put a 2nd layer on, sanded that down, covered the blade in bondo, sanded that down, and then cleaned it up with some more bondo (and of course, more sanding). The base of the blade is essentially completed now. There is some damage to the tip I'll have to fix, but otherwise its pretty clean.
CIMG1558%20(Medium).JPG

Not a very good picture but.. made a big plastic faceplate for either side of the sword. the latin script will go there (it will also cover the electronics)
CIMG1559%20(Medium).JPG

Finished the base for the handle! Took me forever to find a design I liked, in the end I had to scratchbuild a hilt and power supply out of plastic. Found a new design I really liked for the sword, and will probably be basing it off of. This handle is very similar to the picture below.
Grey_Knight_by_Kano_kun.jpg

I will also be stealing the cable idea from this sword too =P

CIMG1561%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Another shot of the handle pieces. Tomorrow I'll try and get it more together, still waiting on the EL strips to get here.

excellent work. I have always wondered if a power weapon would look like one and not a bland sword. I can see that with the work you put in that this will look amazing. FOR THE EMPEROR and all that :p

Oh! Hey! People checked the thread!

Sorry, I kind of stopped updating it due to apparent lack of interest.

Anyways, I actually finished the sword a week ago and sent it out to its new owner. Here are a bunch of the build pics and the finished shots - Hope you like it!

CIMG1582%20%28Large%29.JPG
CIMG1609%20%28Large%29.JPG
CIMG1612%20%28Large%29.JPG
finished3%20%28Large%29.jpg

Finished1%20%28Large%29.jpg

Thanks for looking! I really like how it turned out in the end. One side says "Daemonicus Mortis" and the other says "Innocentia nihil Probat"

really mind blowing just like your power axe dude but how did you do your leds??? im really curious and pm me plz i got some questions.. hint hint

really mind blowing just like your power axe dude but how did you do your leds??? im really curious and pm me plz i got some questions.. hint hint

Looks to me like he used EL sheet (electroluminescent). Those black boxes next to the batteries are power inverters, required to light up EL sheet.

Haha! Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Thatdecade is close, I used two thin EL strips running side by side to light it up. The stuff is truly awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back