New Con-Contagion Outbreak 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had a few updates since the last post! We're now pleased to announce that we will have a Tron: Legacy Light Cycle at Contagion: Outbreak!
wpid-street-legal-tron-light-cycle-2yRWfV3868.jpg

We are also pleased to announce Melissa Cowan as attending! You may recognize Melissa from one of her roles in the new Walking Dead Series on AMC!
walking_dead_bicycle_zombie.jpg

We will have a few more guest updates shortly!
Check out our website for updates at http://www.ContagionOutbreak.com!

Hello 405th Members! I just wanted to stop in and let you all know of a few updates! First of all, we're having a Settlers of Cataan Regional Qualifier at Contagion: Outbreak! The winner will get an expenses paid trip to GenCon to compete for the North American title! Also, the Jewel Staite VIP passes are now up for sale! Get yours while you can as these VIP passes are limited to 35! Also, there are some new guest announcements on the site! Check them out! www.ContagionOutbreak.com!

To any members of the 405th in Omaha, Nebraska!

Contagion: Outbreak is proud to have the support of the Omaha Film Festival! They have given us tickets to their "OFF the Edge" showings and we are passing them on to you! The first TWENTY people to set their status on FaceBook or Twitter saying something awesome about Contagion: Outbreak that also includes a link to our website (www.ContagionOutbreak.com) will get a pair of tickets to one of the shows. After posting your message please post a response on the Contagion: Outbreak FaceBook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contagion-Convention/#!/pages/Contagion-Convention/72059616559) or Twitter page (http://twitter.com/contagion)!
Here are some details on the films:
Thursday, March 3rd:
8:30pm Removal (OFF the EDGE feature film)
Friday, March 4th:
6:30pm Trail of Blood (OFF the EDGE feature film)
8:15pm Playing House (OFF the EDGE feature film)
Saturday, March 5th:
8:30pm Midnight Son (OFF the EDGE feature film)
The Producer and two Directors will be doing a special opening presentation for Trail of Blood and the Director of Playing House will also be there for the viewing. In our efforts to bring a taste of Hollywood to Omaha it only makes sense that we would team up with the Omaha Film Festival!
These movies are very high quality films and were chosen out of hundreds of submissions from 38 countries to be the best representations of their genres. We hope to see some members of the 405th at Great Escape Theater on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!

Been awhile since I posted but BOY am I excited to see all these new updates!! Just wanted to check in again and see who was still planning on coming and get talk going on panels and topics.

Here's a list of members who have said they are planning on coming, if you've your status has changed just let me know and Ill start updating. Ill be changing the subscription setting to this thread so I get a notice every post.
So far I have
Myself-Attending
Loess-Attending
Nintendude-Attending
Rhinoc-Maybe Attending
spartan-847-david-Attending
spartan-114-max-Attending

I am now deffinitly going and spartan-114-max is coming too (hes my friend we joined at the same time but he doesnt post anymore).So thats two ODSTs and mabey army troopers coming.Btw if we (I mean us 405thers)are
going to do a table should we get talking about panel ideas and stuff like that?

Glad to hear it! Yea as for panels, I'ved helped Loess with panels the last few years. We've done a general intro to the 405th and then advanced armor 1 & 2. I should have time to get a better slide show done this year. We could set up a night to skype and toss ideas around if people are interested in planning more details.

Awe... this sounds really cool and i wish I could go but unfortunately I don't live anywhere close and Im already heading to 3 con's this year [two im staff security at.] Maybe next time!

I aplogize for not updating the 405th as often as I'd prefer.
I'd like to direct everyone to our main page for several guest updates! There are more updates coming in the next few weeks, so keep checking us out!
We also have great news for troopers in Nebraska who will be trooping Free Comic Book Day at Krypton Comics and Legend Comics:
Contagion: Outbreak will have representatives at Krypton Comics and Legend Comics who will be giving away movie posters, t-shirts, and thanks to our friends at Aksarben Cinema we will be giving away Free passes to Thor at Aksarben Cinema! Stop by the Contagion: Outbreak booth and find out how you can win free passes to see the next Avenger movie!

We are greatful to all of the 405th who are coming out and we're looking forward to seeing you all!

I was recently contacted with the question: Besides seeing the multitude of celebrity guests, what is there to do at Contagion: Outbreak? I have attached my response below for your viewing pleasure:

What is there is to do at Contagion: Outbreak?

We have over sixty vendors scheduled to attend and over seventy artists, authors, and exhibitors as well as over a dozen local, regional, and worldwide fan organizations who will be putting on demonstrations throughout the weekend. Each fan club is listed on the main page of the website and they have each been encouraged to showcase their club by creating an interactive environment for attendees. For example, the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers will have photo backdrops and costumed members present all weekend for photo ops. The Heartland Organization of Rocketry is bringing a 30' 1/3 scale rocket. The Metro Area Paranormal Society is bringing equipment in that they use while ghost hunting and will be allowing attendees to get hands on experience using it. This is just an example of what a few of the attending fan organizations will provide.

We are working on panels to attend throughout the weekend that include celebrity q&a sessions, "how-to" demonstrations, writers panels where attendees will learn what is involved in getting a book published, comic book creation and publishing panels, a "zombies and pop-culture" town hall style discussion with several of our horror/zombie guests. Several lucky attendees will get to be "zombified" by the Omaha Zombie Walk crew. We will be putting the Central R2 Builders Club R2 units through their paces in a custom designed "Droid Obstacle Course". To ensure that there is always something to see we have arranged for several vehicle displays to be on hand for attendees. We are bringing in a street legal, working Tron: Legacy Light Cycle replica, a Knight Rider K.I.T.T. replica, a 2011 Transformers edition Camaro, and MotorMaster (the anti-Optimus Prime) replica. We also have a volunteer fan group that will be demonstrating how to create a body cast for costume and mask making. There will be a large art display and art auction going on throughout the weekend as well.

We have also arranged for a large prop display area which will include a working replica of the Captains chair from the U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701), several costume displays, a model display from the Gundam Builders Club, a replica of the U.S.S. Enterprise transporter room, and several genre specific photo backdrops. We will have two major costume contests held throughout the weekend. One will be a registered costume contest and the other will be a "hall" costume contest that everyone will have a chance to be entered in as long as they're in costume.

We are holding 24 hours of gaming that will include several tournaments. There will be console, card, and board gaming. We are hosting a "Settlers of Catan" Regional Qualifier which will get the winner entered in the national championship tournament at GenCon in Indianapolis.

On Saturday morning we are hosting the Contagion: Crawl, which will support many local charities. The Crawl is a costume walk that will begin at Mystery Manor and proceed through downtown Omaha to the Qwest Center Omaha. The walk begins around 9AM and concludes at the opening of Contagion: Outbreak on Saturday morning. In honor of our amazing zombie guests the Omaha Zombie Walk crew will be doing professional zombie make-up for a $3 donation that supports the Siena/Francis House. Also, the first 600 Crawl participants who purchase tickets to Contagion: Outbreak (participation in the Contagion: Crawl is free, but does not include admission to the convention) on the website will get an exclusive badge designed by zombie artist Billy Tackett and a free autograph from either Melissa Cowan (the Bicycle Girl on The Walking Dead) or Sonya Thompson (professional zombie from ZombieLand and The Walking Dead).

On Saturday we will also have the Contagion: Cinema running upstairs in the Qwest Center Omaha. We will be screening several local and national films including a winner of the "Off the Edge" category at the Omaha Film Festival and several other award winning and independent features and short films.

We are also offering several VIP packages for attendees to allow for a more personal and interactive experience with our attending celebrities. Our first VIP package is our general VIP pass. This pass is $100 and gets the attendee a special meet and greet with several of the celebrity guests (not including Jewel Staite or Steve Blum), a special Contagion: Outbreak screening of Super 8 on Friday night at Aksarben Cinema following the meet and greet, VIP seating at all panels, VIP autograph speed pass access, and an exclusive Contagion: Outbreak VIP badge. The next VIP package we offer is the Jewel Staite VIP pass. This pass is limited to 40 units and there aren't many left as I write this. It includes a VIP meet and greet dinner (Saturday night) or breakfast (Sunday morning) with Jewel (each meet and greet limited to 20 guests, so it is very exclusive), VIP seating at all Jewel Staite panels, a free Jewel Staite autograph, and an exclusive Jewel Staite VIP badge designed by artist Billy Tackett. Our final VIP package is the Steve Blum VIP pass. This pass includes an exclusive meet and greet with Mr. Blum (limited to 30 attendees), VIP seating at all Steve Blum panels, and an exclusive VIP badge designed by artist Billy Tackett. Since Steve Blum is offering all attendees the first three autographs free, this VIP package is only $75.

I have only hit on the major items that attendees will have available to them at Contagion: Outbreak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys with just a few days left just wanted to touch base on a few things. Looks like atm we only got one panel slot. There was a bit of delay in communications there so I apologize for the part I played there but i was waiting to hear from a few people so I held the response. Im checking to see if we still got the table as I noticed there was never a formal yes or no in response to that.
They are wanting a Master Chief for opening ceremonies so I need to know if anyone A: has Chief painted MrkVI and B: will be there in time for opening ceremonies and C: What armor perm. are you planning to bring this weekend. Ill be wearing my Jun armor.

Schedule was posted if you haven't seen it. http://www.contagionoutbreak.com/schedule.php5

Cant wait to see you all Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back