New Feature - User tagging!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We have purchased and installed a new feature for you! You can now tag other members in your posts simply by placing the @ symbol in front of their name. Why is this important? Because they get an alert that they were tagged and can go and see what you had to say and respond. Tagging also creates a link to that user's profile page so you can also use it to refer one member to another without them having to go search through the member list!

This is a small but great little tool for increasing communication here on the site and we hope you will use it!

PS - Sadly, this isn't quite as advanced as Facebook's tagging and won't auto-suggest names for you just yet, but it is our understanding that this is in the works!

Art Andrews I too think this is a cool idea, and would like to ensure you check out this thread so you are aware just how cool an idea it is. #nowhowabouthashtags #actuallyitsprobablybettertojustorganizetopictitles #buthastageverything #becauseeverythingistwitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Interesting. And I'm guessing the emails I received earlier telling me I had been quoted in someone's post is also a new feature?

Upvote 0
Since "Facebook" was mentioned. I feel the need to mention a personal observation about my social media habits, since Art Andrews has implemented all of these wonderfull changes to the 405th forums.

I find that one of my computer monitors is now dedicated to a browser logged into the 405th forums.
I find the time I spend on FB is less and less.
I find I am spending that extra time here, just reading... and reading more. (lots and lots of catching up to do)
I find I am once again I am enjoying this site. (inspriation)
I find I am getting sucked back in to the wonder full world of the 405th. (motivation)
I find that... I am saying "I find" way too many times! :p

Looking forward to more changes and suprises.

Kevin

Upvote 0
I love this!!!

since "facebook" was mentioned. I feel the need to mention a personal observation about my social media habits, since @art andrews has implemented all of these wonderfull changes to the 405th forums.

I find that one of my computer monitors is now dedicated to a browser logged into the 405th forums.
I find the time i spend on fb is less and less.
I find i am spending that extra time here, just reading... And reading more. (lots and lots of catching up to do)
i find i am once again i am enjoying this site. (inspriation)
i find i am getting sucked back in to the wonder full world of the 405th. (motivation)
i find that... I am saying "i find" way too many times! :p

looking forward to more changes and suprises.

Kevin

Upvote 0
Will you get an alert if someone tags you in a post?

Oh wait sorry, stupid me. I read the post like 3 times and didn't catch it all.

I also find that this is like the only site i've been visiting since Art took over.

Upvote 0
Since "Facebook" was mentioned. I feel the need to mention a personal observation about my social media habits, since Art Andrews has implemented all of these wonderfull changes to the 405th forums.

I find the time I spend on FB is less and less.
I find I am spending that extra time here, just reading... and reading more. (lots and lots of catching up to do)
I find I am once again I am enjoying this site. (inspriation)
I find I am getting sucked back in to the wonder full world of the 405th. (motivation)
I find that... I am saying "I find" way too many times! :p

Looking forward to more changes and suprises.

Kevin

I find that it is good to see you again :p
lol

Art Andrews, keep up the great work

p.s. ill have to learn this tagging thing. i never did it on FB really lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back