New Halo: Reach Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobbio555 said:
Insurrectionists cooperating with covenant, that's what it has to do with anything!

Did you read the novel yourself, the Covenant only used them to try to gain access to UNSC files, and they glassed the inserructionists in the end...

The Covenant has made bonds with many races but they attacked the humans because of their religion of the great journey. The prophets knew that the humans where the "chosen ones" by the forerunners, they could not stand that as though they said that their all bad and started killing them. Of course other members didnt know of this.

In the end everyone who dealt with the inserructionists where marked heretics and slaughtered.

(Jackals adding ammo counters to plasma rifles)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kodorei said:
Did you read the novel yourself, the Covenant only used them to try to gain access to UNSC files, and they glassed the inserructionists in the end...

The Covenant has made bonds with many races but they attacked the humans because of their religion of the great journey. The prophets knew that the humans where the "chosen ones" by the forerunners, they could not stand that as though they said that their all bad and started killing them. Of course other members didnt know of this.

In the end everyone who dealt with the inserructionists where marked heretics and slaughtered.

(Jackals adding ammo counters to plasma rifles)

That is cooperation, nonetheless. And when one of your greatest enemy's strongest planet is being glassed, I'm pretty sure that striking up a deal with some covenant would not be unreasonable in their minds. The chances, however, of insurrectionists being anywhere near Reach is pretty illogical though, in itself. But so would the chances of there being some random forerunner AIs flying around unnoticed.

bobbio555 said:
That is cooperation, nonetheless. And when one of your greatest enemy's strongest planet is being glassed, I'm pretty sure that striking up a deal with some covenant would not be unreasonable in their minds. The chances, however, of insurrectionists being anywhere near Reach is pretty illogical though, in itself. But so would the chances of there being some random forerunner AIs flying around unnoticed.

Happened to read ghosts of onyx? Yeah, it's pretty unlikely that the entire planet underneath you is a huge shield world of forerunners.

Not to mention the gate on earth to the Ark.

Edit: Why would the inserructionists ally again with the covenant after being "betrayed"? Why would the covenant want to ally with them when the irrectionists are "puny vermin" to them?

Kodorei said:
Happened to read ghosts of onyx? Yeah, it's pretty unlikely that the entire planet underneath you is a huge shield world of forerunners.

Not to mention the gate on earth to the Ark.

Edit: Why would the inserructionists ally again with the covenant after being "betrayed"? Why would the covenant want to ally with them when the irrectionists are "puny vermin" to them?

Humanity's biggest military stronghold, and the base of operations for the S-III program are on different scales. They even knew that there was something going on on Onyx, blocking off that one zone. I just think that there's no place for forerunner AIs in Reach.

bobbio555 said:
Humanity's biggest military stronghold, and the base of operations for the S-III program are on different scales. They even knew that there was something going on on Onyx, blocking off that one zone. I just think that there's no place for forerunner AIs in Reach.

I would not block out the rebels or the forerunners, or something else. I mean, it's not such a good excuse to say that the planets where on "different scales"

Earth is even "bigger" then reach in terms of discovery and research, yet they didnt find the portal?

By any means in my opinion it's more likely to find forerunners then rebels as forerunners had lived on almost all of the habitable planets, not to mention that they where the ones to add life to the planets that where habitable from the species they recovered from the ark.

We will see when the game comes out, then we can both laugh when Bungie owns us both with something unimaginable :p

The question is not "would the Innies deal with the Covenant," but "how would said Innies get to Reach?"

Reach is the second-most-fortified UNSC planet in the galaxy. Earth is the first, but Innies want to stay away from Earth, it seems. So, that's not an issue. But Reach is so largely a military planet, I don't see how insurrectionists could have made it into orbit, let alone, dirtside.

Whatever happens, happens, though, so if it's true, why not?

So we can drive civilian vehicles, but this is Reach; not a city or planet for humans, but a planet for training Spartans. So why would there be civilian vehicles on a military stronghold?

Chevysrule said:
So we can drive civilian vehicles, but this is Reach; not a city or planet for humans, but a planet for training Spartans. So why would there be civilian vehicles on a military stronghold?

...there's always a catch...

There's plenty of civilian vehicles in modern military strongholds so it's not unbelievable. Pickup trucks and SUVs are commonplace on more established garrison bases in Iraq, and on many of those larger bases the most common method of transportation is the bus and the John Deere Gator little golf-cart like vehicles. Military vehicles are not often the most practical choice for everyday use.

Chevysrule said:

People have to have a life on this planet too :)

There are propably big civilian cities too, I mean, you cant work 24/7 on reach, there are alot of research facilities and laboratories, hospitals etc.

Not everyone is a ranked soldier, and they gotta get to work too :)

Yeah although it IS a military stronghold, it has cities and farms and other civilian things. That was actually explained in the text of the GI article. It talked about going about some civilian houses in a rural part of Reach.

Okay I just got around to reading the article in Game Informer, and it looks amazing.

So now there are only two things that would make this game complete. Getting to march side-by-side with an army of Spartans, going up against an army of Covenant, first person Halo Wars style, but made by Bungie. And it needs a first person view from vehicles, because that would be the best thing ever.

Chevysrule said:

Reach is a research facility as well. I live near (and in the summers i work at) a military research facility in MD. Of course i see humvees, helis, the occasional Blackhawk, etc., but at the sites, there are a LOT of civ. vehicles. After all, researchers don't drive tanks to and from work/home. ;)

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
FYI, Master Chief is a Spartan II. And not all of Noble Team are Spartan III's. Jorge is the only SII in the squad.

And there are no equipment, but upgrades you can equip: Sprint and Active camouflage, but you can only equip one of them, and they are rechargeable!

well poop

i was gonna ask if the lone wolf guy was the beggining of John 117 or not

guess that answers that?

Pilot92 said:
well poop

guess that answers that?

That answers it. If you listen to the dialog between Carter and the Lone Wolf, Carter refers to him as LT. John 117 is only a MCPO, and not an officer. Kinda gives it away, don't you think?

Pilot92 said:
well poop

guess that answers that?

How could he be?

MC is in space through the whole game.

The closest thing you'll get to direct contact with him is if the Pillar of Autum appears overhead... which would be awesome...

Also, Viper... Most people (for some reason) Don't seem to know that Master Chief is a rank and not just a nickname. I guess it's because there are so few Master Chiefs in games and movies?

Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, John-117. Officially, the highest-ranking SPARTAN-II. Unofficially, Lieutenant Commander of the Navy, Kurt Ambrose (Kurt-051), was the highest-ranking, but he was hidden even deeper in ONI files than the Chief.

I wanna point out at this junction, to all who don't know it, SPARTANs are Navy. Like SEALs, but even cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back