New,new, Hd Odst Helm Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the problem, the helm is on an angle, i could go back and fix it but it would need to be unfolded again. if you can rotate it in pep designer that should work, or maybe ill see if i can find how much its rotated and find out how much it should be scaled for the average head.

maybe i shouldn't, my math skills are a major letdown.

i believe you need 324-334 mm to make it to proper scale... i think. correction, i have no clue what im doing lol

maybe it needs to be 269 mm...

what did you guys scale it too?

can someone help me? i print this helmet out, then i start making it and it comes out too smal:( is it my printer or is it just that it is too smal for my head?:p

Scale it, the helmet I'm currently working on (not this one) is set at 320mm on Pepakura V3.0.3

You'll need to figure out your size, I suggest going To this scale thread. It helped me out big time.

something new, higher detailed and more accurate than the original HD H2 helm i made.

uploaded soon.

New_H2_ODST.jpg

ForgedReclaimer said:
something new, higher detailed and more accurate than the original HD H2 helm i made.

uploaded soon.

Sweet. Looking good!. It would be nice to have an updated file for the H2 helmet because the old one, although good as well, used a lot of bondo. Looking forward to completion!

Last edited by a moderator:
ForgedReclaimer said:
Uploaded now, ready for unfold by willing unfolders...

Download tThe .OBJ Here

New_H2_ODST.jpg

Dude...I want that halo 2 odst helmet. I want one with details . It will help conserve bodo and foamies.

JBetts97 said:
Dude...I want that halo 2 odst helmet. I want one with details . It will help conserve bodo and foamies.

if it gets unfolded go ahead, but until i can have someone unfold her it might take a while.

ForgedReclaimer said:
if it gets unfolded go ahead, but until i can have someone unfold her it might take a while.

Currently under way. I will have the link up as soon as I am finished with it.

Great work on the helmet by the way!!

mks81 said:
Currently under way. I will have the link up as soon as I am finished with it.

Great work on the helmet by the way!!

I'm building a halo 2 odst (the lower def version) And I will have to either use ALOT of bondo or foamies. I'll make sure to download it.

i do have a med def version already unfolded but its got a lot of inaccuracies, this is the same file but modified and made hd, no more inaccuracies.

ForgedReclaimer said:
i do have a med def version already unfolded but its got a lot of inaccuracies, this is the same file but modified and made hd, no more inaccuracies.

If your talking about the halo 2 with details, I'll take it.

Hey, love the H3 ODST and the unfold sone by SoullessSin. Just got done pepping the 27cm scale, its too small for this melon head, but thought y'all might want to see it:

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Great job on the model sir! It was a fun build, I look forward to finishing one that fits!

Brandon McClain said:
Hey, love the H3 ODST and the unfold sone by SoullessSin. Just got done pepping the 27cm scale, its too small for this melon head, but thought y'all might want to see it:

Great job on the model sir! It was a fun build, I look forward to finishing one that fits!

Holy -Bleep-, makes me happy to see someone finish it, how hard was it to build? the scale seems to be a reoccurring problem, maybe i made the whole for the neck to small?

ForgedReclaimer said:
maybe i made the whole for the neck to small?

I think that's easy enough to fix by just trimming any excess until you can fit your noggin inside. From what I recall while playing around with my own unfold, there was plenty of material around the neck hole you can trim after fiberglassing without losing any important details.

The pep really wasn't that bad. It flowed really nicely the way you had it layed out. I really enjoyed the build. As far as size goes, even if you were to trim the neck opening, the 27 scale is just a little too small. It doesn't leave room for padding around the head and what not. So I am going to bounce it up by 10% and give it another shot. What I am really hoping to see soon is someone model and unfold the shins from the concept sketches. They look a lot smoother than the other shins. I know privateer is doing some sculpting, but I don't think he is going that direction with the shins. Anyway, glad y'all liked the pep, I took my time, it was a long pep, but I find most helms are. I would say it is easier than the FS MKVI and much easier than the FS HD MKVI chest. Not sure what else to compare it too. The layout and unfolds really made it pretty easy, I could cut one peice at a time and I wasn't searching for the next peice, it was pretty nice. Even when scaling up, I really didn't have to adjust peices much, just shrink the margins and wiggle a few things here and there. No biggy.

I made a new print out on mine, upped the scale by 50mm's, it should just barely fit me if it works out. Dunno where I'll wanna start, but I'm gonna give it another go today.

Dutch ODST UP

file uploaded soon, after this is buck.

tried a new render so that clay-render wont make things look better than they are.

Dutch.jpg

to all the unfolders of this model and its original.

the side of the helm is going flat like the ODST made above, although it will work for him it wasnt how the model was intended to look, if you cut it here it might revive the indent and make it more shaped.

the cyan line marked with a green line.

helm.png

PS:A problem area has been fixed, no one saw (not even me) but its fixed, i hate to do it but if you guys want i can re-post the new repaired for unfold, it was the back of the cheek vents that at the base it went sort of flat?.

Dutch helm in the offing, at all? I'm waiting on something a little more simple to get going on a Reach costume set - and no offense intended to Rundown at all, but his stuff's a little too complex for my sausage fingers, especially after a day at the 'office'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back