New Project Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrometheous

Jr Member
I had a huge setback in my last project due to august rains in Florida during the resin of my suit. My new goal is Halloween to make the completion of my suite. While I was at dragon*con I was extremely emphasized about the dangers of working with resin, and I know know that the face protection I used is not enough. I am willing to throw down for a new mask and possibly a few filter replacements, I just want recommendations for what I should use. The last mask I had said that it would be ideal for working with fiberglass, what do I need to look for in order to ensure I'm protected from fiberglass resin. Also should I be able to smell the resin through the mask?

Current Status:
Mark VI:
Right foramr - Pepped
Right Shoulder - Pepped
Pelvice - Pepped

Thank you

I use a gas mask. While wearing the mask, one should NOT be able to smell the resin. If one does smell it, then the filter needs to be changed.

cheers!

Here are some photos (Just took them):
IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

So the one on amazon is one I should look into ordering?

UPDATE!
I finished pepping my head, and Because I'm not going to resin again until I get a gas mask or a good respirator, I did my best to take a picture of what it would look like with the visor placed inside the helmet. Also, are there any recommendations for fitting the visor in the helmet? should I put a paper lip along the bottom so that its there after the resin process? or maybe have 2 or three bars on the inside so that it can just slide in sideways?
Photo0232.jpg

Looking great so far!
You can eleminate the fiberglass smell by leqaving your armor in the sun for a few good hours

For the visor, I laid it on the outside of the helmet and used some hot glue to hold it in place. Then I used Bondo and filled in around the edges so it has a smooth transition and holds it in place.

For the visor, I laid it on the outside of the helmet and used some hot glue to hold it in place. Then I used Bondo and filled in around the edges so it has a smooth transition and holds it in place.
I was thinking of a solution that involved an interchangeable visor so that I could upgrade it later. Though I could just pep another helmet in the future, and then just have 2 helmets. I really would like to have the suit done for halloween, but I can't afford the visor I really want, so I settled for this one at a fraction of the price, so if it can be interchangeable that would be preferable, if not, then I'm totally down with peping out another one.
Thanks for the advise.

Alright so I'm running into a bit of a delema (or just indecisiveness). I'm doing my 5th (and hopefully last) pep of the helmet for scaling purposes. I'm using the flying squirrel unfold. I've decided that I'm going to cut out the light holes so that I don't have to later. I've already cut out the right cheek and assembled it, however for the left cheek I don't know if I want to put lights on that side or not. From what I've seen most people do, however in HALO 2 Mark VI I found that only the right side actually has active lights. I don't know about HALO 3 and what they did for the lights on it (aside from weapon mounted lights). So I'm asking for some opinions. later tonight I will assemble both cheeks and update the thread with some new pictures.

Thank you in advanced :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back