New Reach Live Action Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You ever wonder why we're here?"

In other news, They're using what looks like the Halo 3 version of the assault rifle (MA5C?). This confuses me greatly.

This was a little promo piece thrown together probably in like a day for that Canadian mini-ARG. I'm disappointed, but I'm pretty sure it's not intended to be a full "trailer". Remember those boring "interviews" with the ODSTs from before the release of H3:ODST? Or the interviews with old soldiers for the Halo 3 "memorial"? Like those.

In other news, They're using what looks like the Halo 3 version of the assault rifle (MA5C?). This confuses me greatly.

Not only that, but their armor seems like it's a mismatch of ODST and Marine Gear, with green fatigues...probably all left over from the ODST short.

This was a little promo piece thrown together probably in like a day for that Canadian mini-ARG. I'm disappointed, but I'm pretty sure it's not intended to be a full "trailer". Remember those boring "interviews" with the ODSTs from before the release of H3:ODST? Or the interviews with old soldiers for the Halo 3 "memorial"? Like those.

Actually, fair point. Still, even in comparison to those bits, these new ones just aren't impressing me. The "Believe" marketing campaign had much much better writing and acting I thought, and the ODST interviews were fascinating just for some of the backstory they revealed and how they were structured and shot.

Luckily, each new video that Bungie releases for the game itself looks better and better :).

i actually liked the old soldier interviews from Halo 3. They talked about the battles, displayed the weapons, showed some emotion, and the museum was cool looking. these guys just stand there and say, man this sucks. That was so boring its not even funny. They need to make more like We are ODST, because that one made me want to grab an AR and fight the covenant myself.

Honestly, I am glad that this is not the one with the Mk V. Kat armor, because that would be disapointing.

I do like the lightened Legacy Effects ODST gear though. Jumpsuit replaced with BDUs. No gauntlets, no thighs, no shins, and no helmet. Just the vest, backpack, and gloves. This would definitely make for an easy convention variant costume.

Edit: Actually, they DO have the thigh armor - it's bundled up under their backpacks. Too cool!

I thought the vid was ok. But I am pretty sure, or at least hoping its not a stand alone vid. Maybe its only the intro to a series of vids to come. Like a teaser for the new up coming live actions. It did look like it was put together super quick. If you take a look they didn't even have any leg armor. On a positive note the new vid doc also just released looks amazing. Vid Doc Link

I wanted a wraith mortar to just pop out of no where or something, I hope they didn't spend to much time making that, seriously "meh"

After having studied the Legacy Effects suits in detail over the past year, these new varients are particularly exciting to me, despite the "meh-ness" of the video (I particularly like that, because let's face it, not every minute of a war can be "exciting"). Regardless, I can verify that the thighs aren't only just bundled up under the backpack, they are actually still attached to the vest at the hip. They just unbuckled them at the knee and then wrapped them up behind the vest. it doesn't necessarily look to me like they are using the straps from the thigh pads to wrap them up, but it's not out of the question.

Also, these suits don't appear to have the custom colors on the chest/shoulders/backpack. They appear to just be OD green/gray, though the chest does appear to be two-toned: main part being OD green and the accents being gray, but I can't confirm that yet. They also lack the Med Ref badge on the left shoulder. And of course, the chests sport the UNSC logo instead of having "UNSC" printed on the bottom. The chests also lack division/battalion logos and the "MK117" seen in "We Are ODST."

Just another neat detail about the suits. I have a little time left before D*Con, I might whip one of these up using my existing suit so I can have a variant to wear on Sunday.

I don't understand why they're not armoured or why the have a MA5C.
I guess everything will make sense later on: )

It's pretty easy to see that they are thinking quite realistically here. It appears that they are wanting it to appear like the real world military, where soldiers can opt for what gear they want, or how the mission suggests certain equipment. I mean, do US Army soldiers walk around in their helmets every hour of the day? Do they have full body armor every hour of the day? Does every soldier carry around the same exact gun? If you looked at any given set of photos of troops from today, you will see a different setup each time.

I mean, you see it in-universe too. Check out Halo 3, for example. You see Marines with helmets with goggles, helmets without goggles, no helmets, backpacks, no backpacks, and so on and so forth. Not to mention the entire arsenal at their disposal. In ODST you have troopers outfitted with different gear, add-on gear, etc.

Is it so out-of-the-question to think that maybe these guys got a little stuffy in their gear, and that they didn't necessarily need it to stand around and chit-chat in a field that's not a battle zone? They have a truck nearby, so you can make the assumption that the rest of their gear is in the truck. As for the Assault Rifles, maybe that's what their unit was issued, or that their mission required heavier fire power.

i've gotta agree with torsoboy. yes, it wasn't as exciting as the halo 3 odst trailer, but it doesn't seem like it was intended to be. it's just another short video to feed the fans and keep them pumped up for the release of the game. and i'll bet anything that we can expect at least one more epic live action vid before the launch.

i kinda liked the "lull" of the video too. along with the birth a spartan vid, it helped build the suspense of the coming Covy attack on Reach, which would have been caught totally off guard.

I've stopped being confused about the weapon choice, upon further consideration, it's perfectly reasonable for them to have the MA5 at that point in time.

And I'll agree with you about gear choices, Torsoboy, no reason why they wouldn't take off a few pieces of armor for comfort / mobility purposes. I find it likely that the only reason we don't see more variation in gear in the games is because of the added cost and time to actually put all that stuff into the game.

Which then makes me wonder, what about the ingame ODSTs in Reach? Will they have the Navy MA5, or the Army MA37?

Which then makes me wonder, what about the ingame ODSTs in Reach? Will they have the Navy MA5, or the Army MA37?

Regardless of whatever it will do to Canon, I will guarantee you right here and now they will be using the MA37 for two simple reasons.

1. Bungie has stated they thought the old assault rifle was getting a little out of date and needed a visual update, and even if like me you don't really care for the new design, they aren't wrong. They wouldn't put what the consider to be an out of date design in the game.

2. For the sake of gameplay they'll have to, because if the ODST's can use the MA5, then as a Spartan, with the power invested in you by the UNSC to switch weapons with whomever you choose, YOU can use the MA5...and I don't see that working with Bungie's intentions for the game.

Regardless of whatever it will do to Canon, I will guarantee you right here and now they will be using the MA37 for two simple reasons.

1. Bungie has stated they thought the old assault rifle was getting a little out of date and needed a visual update, and even if like me you don't really care for the new design, they aren't wrong. They wouldn't put what the consider to be an out of date design in the game.

2. For the sake of gameplay they'll have to, because if the ODST's can use the MA5, then as a Spartan, with the power invested in you by the UNSC to switch weapons with whomever you choose, YOU can use the MA5...and I don't see that working with Bungie's intentions for the game.

Iam thinking your right. This is the only screen grab i could get of a possible marine. The only reason i think he may be a marine is because he is seen leaving with Sgt. Stacker.

223.png

Compared with:

Halo_Reach_-_UNSC_Army_Infantryman_Standing.png

He has shin armor, face covering like the halo wars marines. And a UNSC emblem instead of the emblem with the black line like the army trooper. He also seems to have camo fatigues instead of the solid color like the army trooper. But who knows it may just be another army variant.

I cant take it anymore, every "live action trailer" is like a glimmer into what could be, if we had a Halo movie.

Im disappointing in how dull and without action this video is but im intrigued by the fact that they are focusing on Insurrectionists. I dont know where this could be going but this video seems like a short clip of a much larger trailer, maybe this is only a minute taste of something much larger to come. I dont see how much relevance this has to Reach as there are little to none for Insurrectionist on Reach itself as it being a UNSC fortress world, or at least none in force may be present, so im guessing if it is part to a larger video that the movie might be focused around how the first Noble Six was lost because it appears that there is a problem with whatever mission that Noble team is engaged in, that and the ODST's or wherever ground unite they may be was referring to how easy it Should be for a spartan to defeat an insurrectionist, sort of jinxed the fight in a manor of speaking.

EDIT: The voice over the comm has a very close approximation to Carters voice, it may just be me but im pretty sure. Also, the video is pre-Reach so that supports the Noble Six death a little.

EDIT TWO:
Honestly, I am glad that this is not the one with the Mk V. Kat armor, because that would be disappointing.

Wait, what, did i miss something, where did a MK V noble member com from. although that is interesting about why they would have a spartan with MK V when no noble member has a MK V permeation. Does anyone have a link please?. If so this might also support the original Noble Six death video theory as this might be the first noble six, and if she was sporting blue armor as with Carter and Kat who are the only original Noble team members, the blue for all three would represent that the original team had All blue armor supporting that the first Noble six was an original member.

I may have facts twisted and bent i dont know. I also dont have all the facts so dont read into it to much, just petty thoughts.

gasp. is that Buck, Dutch, and Romeo? I think sooooooooooo. Except I didn't know Romeo took part in Reach. I thought only Dutch, Buck, and Dare did... and past that, it'd be pretty neat to be killing insurrectionists as well as covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back