New Recruit Orientation Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your video was very informative. Thank you Adam. I'm still in the process of reading the stickies and continuing to learn from all the great people on this site.

well its very nice and clear that video well hello im introducing my self in the other topic well im from mexico and tnx for that information

Yay for being smart! Heh, I went ahead and skimmed the site before joining fully, and when I saw he tag "Orientation Video" I though Gee, I better take a look at this. Well, I'm glad I did. ^.^ I won't get in trouble now for complaining about any 'stupid' rules or being immature, though I hope I wouldn't act like that even if I didn't watch the video.

So thanks for the information. I now go to introduce myself, and read on even more! Hopefully I'll learn without having to sound like a moron from time to time lol, and hopefully I'll also be able to teach things in my own due time. Still new to a lot of 3D stuff as well as modeling and costume and prop creation, so yeah. Still, before one can teach, one must learn the course he wants to teach for himself.

It is a really great idea having a video to explain the basic idea behind the forum and how to interact. However, I have two pieces of advice in order to make it even better.

1: Remove the funny pictures and animations from the video. I am not trying to be a stiff saying that there should never be any funny pictures, I love funny pictures myself, but there is a time and place for everything. Having the funny pics in the video somewhat reduces the sincerity, and while that is fine for most people, I think that the noobs that you really want to target with this video will be more likely to think "hey, if this video isn't that serious, I don't need to be either".

2: Link to this thread in the "New Members Sticky Index"-thread. There are a lot of stickies, and the "NMSI"-thread is a great help in knowing which ones are the most important to read. I have been reading through those stickies over the past few weeks before joining, but I found this thread just today. I liked the idea posted previously about forcing you to watch this video when registering, but simply posting it alongside with the other important stickies is probably a lot easier.

I think that is honestly the first time I've seen an orientation video outside the military or high school.

I appreciate the heads up in many ways and I especially understand and appreciate the need for the limitations on new members.

Cheers

This is great, never seen an orientation video before but its grand. Helps alot. Nothing else to add :).

Thanks Adam this showed me the basics of this site! it's realy helpful I hope more people on

the noob forum will read this.

Adam, what you need to do is one of two things to get this out to the noobs like me (watched it like 15 times) but put it on the front page, and put it to where when you sign up a little notification pops up saying "watch this to proceed" that will teach those non-sticky readers and necro-ers and witch-hunters and so on!

anyway, very informative video. :)

Thanks Adam for this informative vid., after about two years of inactivity, finally got around to filling out my Signature, going to do the rest of my profile! Then in a week, going on a shopping spree with Ithica's supply list, and off to work! Thanks!

Ugh..I guess I should post my apology here lol....I so know better but I came flying in and saw all the awesome stuff being made and a thread about one of our projects and jumped in feet first posting before learning...I apologize!!!

Awesome video, and I love that you are building a community and not just a forum!!! I mod on a forum with very similar goals and "rules" (which is why I should have known better and why I am hanging my head a little in shame at the moment lol!!)

I wish I would have found you sooner...what you guys are doing here is beyond words!!! Please forgive me, I just can't get over the talent in this place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back