New to 405th, not new to armor builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Hatter

WArning: Pic Heavy Thread. Probably.
So, before i discovered such a wonderful site as the 405th, i was free handing armor out of cardboard, and duct tape. For a beginner, i though it was pretty good. However, now i am attepting to make a full set of Mark VI armor using pepakura. :D

Ive gotten my helmet pep'd resined andfiberglassed. Im waiting on getting some primer to sand it down and paint it.

\Just today i started the chest piece. Its the Flying Squirl build, high def model. Kinda intimidating how large huge the print was, but i wont back down now.
Now for some pics:

Helmet
Helmet025.jpg

Helmet024.jpg

im not sure if it is just the picture, but your helmet looks like it is warped in the first picture, and a little sideways....

Looks Good man!

im actualy a couple steps ahead of you but i already ruined 2 helmets because i had no idea what i was doing. it looks like the back of yours warped a little bit, you might be able to fix it with bondo, but even if you cant if you start over i would say do a few small coats of resin and then do one last hard coat.

// also to make it a little easier for (unless you liked the large print #'s,) there is a setting to make the font smaller in the pepakura program, i personally fount it really hard the first time with large font. //

and just curious what colors were you thinking of doing??

regardless,
Looks way better than my first attempt, Grats man

keep sending pics, i want to see how it comes along

I actually bought a color spray paint called Italian Olive, which i think matches the color of MC pretty well. Its a Krylon color i picked up at my local Walmart for a coupla of bucks.

As for more photos, i hope to primer it tomorrow, and ill continue to update it along the way,

Yeah, the back side and athe left side both warmped a little bit on its y-axis, which i hope to fix with bondo and a little bit of sanding. Once i prime it, it will mak it earier to see exactly what i need to fix, but as for now io hope to just fix the back and side.

Heres the front. You can see the left side (right of the picture) is flexing outward. Yuck!
Helmet023.jpg

and heres the color i chose to paint it.
Helmet022.jpg

aww... too bad about the crookedness. :( Goodluck fixing that.
Italian Olive? Are you doing MC or your own spartan?

Well, in the books, most spartans wore the army standerd green, so it doesnt technically have to be MC, but he will be the base im using.

Alright, new update. Whole lot of pictures. (6 i think) I primed and sanded it down, it was a lot of time, and a lot of fun!

Primed and Ready
P1020566.jpg

P1020567.jpg

P1020568.jpg

So, an interesting development. As i leanred the last two days, i am allergic to spray paint. Strange, huh? So that is just another speed bbum in completing my helmet :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back