New Unfolded Patterns For Smoother Pep Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD Left Bicep in the first post. Until I do the right, just flip the pattern for the right side, which is what I'm going to do anyway. Thanks go to Pooper for feedback prior to this release.

This is awesome!!! Thanks a bunch MrOreo123 for helping out the 405th community with these re-folded pep models! I am looking forward to your HD Peps!

I have been deciding on getting the CraftRobo or the Cricut cutting machines for scoring/cutting my peps and I bet these smooth models will fly through those machines, or one would hope :)

Thanks again for your contribution

Thanks, Doubler. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Cricut cuts anything that's it's not pre-programmed to do. At least not the ones I've seen in craft stores.

MrOreo123 said:
Thanks, Doubler. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Cricut cuts anything that's it's not pre-programmed to do. At least not the ones I've seen in craft stores.

Ya I think your right, that's why I'm going to get the RoboCraft. But sorry to veer off topic. Are you going to smooth out an entire Mark 6 Suit? Also any plans for tackling ODST armor?

Last edited by a moderator:
My files are on an "As I build them myself" basis, so yes, I'll be doing a full MkVI (be a shame to go through all my work so far and not have a complete suit, no?). As for ODST, I don't have plans to make one myself, so my releases for parts for that will be a little less complete.

I just finished glassing a pair of shins you unfolded, and threw a quick coat of primer on them. Minus a few high spots that will need a little dremel work, these unfolds are sweet. Thanks Oreo. Can't wait for the thighs! (that's all I need to finish, and damn I wish these files had been around when I started)

For those of you that haven't tried these smooth unfolds, the pep is just a little bit harder to assemble because you kind of have to force the paper into curves as opposed to using scored and folded pieces. But the smoothness will save you a ton of work when it comes to the bondo stage.

Thanks again.

Did you download pepakura designer for free somewhere or did you buy it? Because I wouldn't mind learning ho to use the program, but i'm not prepared to spend money on it.

fluffybunny117 said:
Did you download pepakura designer for free somewhere or did you buy it? Because I wouldn't mind learning ho to use the program, but i'm not prepared to spend money on it.

You can not get it for free LEGALLY.

corby said:
You can not get it for free LEGALLY.

You can LEGALLY get the DEMO for FREE. Unfortunately, you can't save anything with it.

JoeyCoz said:
I just finished glassing a pair of shins you unfolded, and threw a quick coat of primer on them. Minus a few high spots that will need a little dremel work, these unfolds are sweet. Thanks Oreo. Can't wait for the thighs! (that's all I need to finish, and damn I wish these files had been around when I started)

For those of you that haven't tried these smooth unfolds, the pep is just a little bit harder to assemble because you kind of have to force the paper into curves as opposed to using scored and folded pieces. But the smoothness will save you a ton of work when it comes to the bondo stage.

Thanks again.

Thanks Joey, I'm actually working on the thighs now. Still needs a few tweaks, because some parts are pretty difficult to glue. I'll release it when I work out the kinks.

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

fluffybunny117 said:

If you just want to learn how to use it, you can download the demo for free, but to legally be able to save your work, you'll have to buy the registration code.

MrOreo123 said:
Thanks Joey, I'm actually working on the thighs now. Still needs a few tweaks, because some parts are pretty difficult to glue. I'll release it when I work out the kinks.

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

If you just want to learn how to use it, you can download the demo for free, but to legally be able to save your work, you'll have to buy the registration code.

wow . yet again great job. when u release that file i want it lol.

The smooth HD thighs are fantastic! By doing this you addressed the only problem I ever had with a model, which is that the inside of the thigh on these was very box shaped and not a very good transition. Now its smooth like a baby's butt and I cant wait to pep it!

I built my helmet , shins , gauntlets ,currently glassing the cuisses . Wouldn't be almost one without them. Thanks Oreo ,you & Robo are tottal rockstars man :)

th_Cardboardcostume052.jpg

teletron1 said:
I built my helmet , shins , gauntlets ,currently glassing the cuisses . Wouldn't be almost one without them. Thanks Oreo ,you & Robo are tottal rockstars man :)

th_Cardboardcostume052.jpg

Thanks Teletron! More HD pieces to come, but after Halloween.

Dark Fang said:
one of your thighs still has a green fold line its not a big deal to me but it might be to others

The green is supposed to be there. Sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between mountain and valley folds (especially for me since I grew up reading origami books where the dash styles are flip-flopped from how they are in pep), so the green lines are the valleys (Green valleys, black mountains. Get it? ;) ).

And just to head off any comments about there being two left thighs and no right, the right thigh IS the left thigh, but with the 2d pattern flipped. The 3d model doesn't get flipped, but that's okay because you're only printing out the 2d pattern anyway. I didn't see the point in spending hours re-unfolding another thigh just to try to match all the changes I made to the folds, cuts, and tabs.

MrOreo123 said:
The green is supposed to be there. Sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between mountain and valley folds (especially for me since I grew up reading origami books where the dash styles are flip-flopped from how they are in pep), so the green lines are the valleys (Green valleys, black mountains. Get it? ;) ).

sorry i didnt know i thouhgt it was there when you went to print it out and forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back