New York Comic Con 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have the arms all done (shoulder pieces, biceps, forearms, hand plates). I had a thigh done, but I'm pretty sure it is too big, so I scaled the file down and cut it all out. Now I need to trace it onto the foam and cut it out and assemble it. Tell me what you think about the thigh I have done, is it too big or not? Here is a picture:

Photoon2-22-13at208PM_zps5ae9fe79.jpg

Well, I have the arms all done (shoulder pieces, biceps, forearms, hand plates). I had a thigh done, but I'm pretty sure it is too big, so I scaled the file down and cut it all out. Now I need to trace it onto the foam and cut it out and assemble it. Tell me what you think about the thigh I have done, is it too big or not? Here is a picture:

Photoon2-22-13at208PM_zps5ae9fe79.jpg

Looks great btw! hhmm well it all depends on your suit. If you plan on using straps, you're fine. If not, you may size it down next time, OR you can put a little bit of extra padding on the inside. I'm definitely using straps on my suit, everyone's better off with straps.

Thanks for your help, but I think I'm going to scale it down anyways :p . I already cut out all of the templates for the new thigh and it seems like a better fit. Hopefully this time around I can do a little better job on the thigh (i.e. cleaner, less hot glue left over). I really appreciate your input! Thank you so much!

Thanks for your help, but I think I'm going to scale it down anyways :p . I already cut out all of the templates for the new thigh and it seems like a better fit. Hopefully this time around I can do a little better job on the thigh (i.e. cleaner, less hot glue left over). I really appreciate your input! Thank you so much!

no problem man, keep me updated :D

Now those look ALOT better, congrats, now do it again! hahaha

Yeah, but sadly, I ran out of foam! :( At least, I don't have enough for another thigh. I do have enough for the knee pads though! Oh well, next week I can buy some more foam! It's hard to scale my armor, because I'm a girl and the proportions are a little wonky on the armor. *Sigh* :/ Which also means I go through a lot of trial and error pieces. That's why I run out of foam so quickly.

Yeah, but sadly, I ran out of foam! :( At least, I don't have enough for another thigh. I do have enough for the knee pads though! Oh well, next week I can buy some more foam! It's hard to scale my armor, because I'm a girl and the proportions are a little wonky on the armor. *Sigh* :/ Which also means I go through a lot of trial and error pieces. That's why I run out of foam so quickly.

Ah I get it, that's what's supposed to happen.. LOTS of trial and error. Everyone here has done it. Even me. If they say they haven't, they're LYING

Well, it's an epic build! You should continue it! That reminds me, I have to figure out a weapon to bring to comic con. What one do you think I should make, preferably one form Reach.

Haha, I'll try the magnum. The shotgun might be too big for me to bring on the train! What are you going to bring?

Haha, I'll try the magnum. The shotgun might be too big for me to bring on the train! What are you going to bring?

I'm probably going to either make an assault rifle, another battle rifle, MAYBE the DMR, maybe the saw...maybe. I have a magnum made, so I'm gonna bring that and put it on my hip as a secondary. Or I was thinking of doing the promethean soul cube from Spartan ops, but that may not happen. I've got 2 of my friends coming with me too, so I may make the carbine for him to carry around. You could make a plasma repeater. There's only one in the world.

I'm probably going to either make an assault rifle, another battle rifle, MAYBE the DMR, maybe the saw...maybe. I have a magnum made, so I'm gonna bring that and put it on my hip as a secondary. Or I was thinking of doing the promethean soul cube from Spartan ops, but that may not happen. I've got 2 of my friends coming with me too, so I may make the carbine for him to carry around. You could make a plasma repeater. There's only one in the world.

Thats awesome! Will your friends be in armor too? I could try making a styrofoam weapon, but I'm absolutely terrible at making anything other than armor :p . It would be awesome to see that carbine in person!

Thats awesome! Will your friends be in armor too? I could try making a styrofoam weapon, but I'm absolutely terrible at making anything other than armor :p . It would be awesome to see that carbine in person!

no, they're considered my helper monkeys. There's Alex and Andrew. They're conveniently brothers. Alex is in my grade and usually spends the night on Saturday and we talk about nothing but halo all night and every morning. He also helped me make my shin from Reach when the deadline got closer and I was getting frustrated. Andrew on the other hand bought a H$ battle rifle from me, he didn't want it painted bc his gf was gonna de it instead. But she never got around to do it. So he gave it back to me to paint. All I need to do is add the scope and it's all done. The thread for it is in my signature as the 2.0 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back