Hello Friends!

I'm back with more updates!
It be crunch time! I've got just under three weeks to get this thing in a wearable state before packing it all up and headong to Quebec. I think I can make it and still get a normal amount of sleep (thanks past me)

I finished all the foam smithing about a week ago but forgot to grab pictures of the boots and cod piece. Guess you'll just have to take my word for it :p I also cut the shoulder straps out of foam and wrapped them in fabric and glued it together with e6000
20230527_223717.jpg
20230606_192644.jpg

I believe earlier on in this build thread I said that I actually didn't mind sanding, I had the "fix it in post" mentality. Well I would like to go back in time and smack that version of my self in the back of the head, that guy sucks. I've been sanding and priming for a couple weeks now after work and on the weekends and I would like to never touch sand paper again. Thankfully I am mostly all done with that phase and am on to the best part of the project... painting. (The photos where the items are red is because the filler primer I used is red. My local hardware store ran out of grey and only had red)
20230603_153828.jpg
20230613_200101.jpg

20230617_223212.jpg
20230618_210941.jpg

Anyway thanks for reading, expect some updates soon of painting and rigging.

New Brody

Hello friends!

So it is down to the wire now! I have to leave in... *checks watch*... tomorrow! I'm going to have Romeo in a wearable state for this weekend but will need some finishing touches before FanExpo. I've been in such a crafting frenzy I didn't take the time to take tooany pictures... oops. Here is what I did manage to get over the last couple weeks while painting.
20230703_231837.jpg
20230702_221241.jpg

20230625_211350.jpg

Hoping tonight after work I can finish up a couple finishing touches, instal the visor and then get all the rigging done. Lots to do and so little time to do it.

I'll update ya'll again once I'm home from Montreal. Wish me luck!

New Brody

Hello Friends!

Well it was down to the wire on this one with the con crunch but made it work. Had Romeo wearable for two weekend cons back to back. Was a great way to see how the suit is working. Was able to figure out the areas that need improvement. My strapping for the thighs definitely needs to be shortened, they began to sit too low and not look quite right. Should be an easy fix. I also need to finish the weathering with a black wash and few clear coats. As well I definitely need to get the fans installed, fogged up way to quickly. Beyond those few issues everything fit great and turned out better than I was fearing. Going to work on these improvements for Fan Expo Toronto in a few weeks. In the meantime enjoy some pictures from the last week.
20230715_144546.jpg
20230715_151807-1.jpg

20230715_135952-2.jpg

20230716_154212.jpg

20230715_143547.jpg

PXL_20230709_0203289802.jpg

(Thanks to valkydesigns for taking most of these)

Now the best for last though is definitely meeting Nolan North. He was very excited to see some love for Romeo and mentioned he hadn't seen anyone cosplay Romeo before. I was super nervous but Nolan was so nice and made me much less anxious. It was an amazing moment I'll remember forever.
20230716_112024.jpg

20230716_111953.jpg

20230716_111949.jpg

It is a good thing you can't see my face in these photos because I was freaking out!!!

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this, I'll update this as I keep making more progress to this suit. See y'all out there!

New Brody

Hello Friends!

It's been a while since my last update on this cosplay/prop. Since Montreal Comic Con I haven't really made any changes to the costume but I have finished the sniper rifle finally!
Took me long enough but I sanded it all down and got it painted. Once it was painted I got back to work on making the screen actually function. When I worked on the program again something must have changed or updated with the driver for the screen because everything was broken, until after about 3 hours of searched through the errors I was able to find one line on the init file that once commented out made it work again.
Overall, I am quite proud of how it turned out, wasn't too happy with the overall finish, I don't feel like I did enough sanding but it'll have to do.

20231015_173509.jpg

20231015_173539.jpg

20231014_212711.jpg

Well thanks for sticking with me on this project. It took me waaay too long to get it done.
See y'all out there

NewBrody

You did an awesome job and I can't wait to see it in person. I will most certainly have a talk for the sniper. That scope is so cool !

p.s.: I am from Montreal

You did an awesome job and I can't wait to see it in person. I will most certainly have a talk for the sniper. That scope is so cool !

p.s.: I am from Montreal
Thanks so much! When I'm in Montreal for Comic con I'll make sure we talk shop :)

Nice job hiding the print lines. There’s definitely a few pieces of my own suit where you can still see them. The sniper looks great as well.
Thank you I appreciate it! Getting those print lines down definitely made me lose my sanity a little bit

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back