Newest update on halo files from .PDO / .OBJ converted to .STL (CnC) cuttable weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far people willing to teach look for the mentor program in the noob forum, there are people willing to teach through correspondance. As far as hands on experience I for one would be willing to start a school for costuming if there were any others interested in doing that.

If anyone else is interested in the for mentioned idea PM me.

Also, from now on PLEASE keep your comments well tempered. I come back tomorrow and I see more hate posts I will personally help re instate the old rules of the forum and I wouldn't be assuming too much if there were suspensions from the forum.

-Seth

why would people want a metal suit?

its cosplay, not the movies, even the army wouldnt do that.

I do have prior military experience and my grandfather is a general, he would think the idea, preposterous. as I'm seeing you haven't done a lot of homework really, just jumped in at the deep end. some of us have spent a long time getting prepared. I enjoy what i do , how its done and the help i get.

and we do all help eachother and ourselves , like a unit.

Also as a multi national site , the ideal of having military grade metal suits is illegal in some areas so whats the point. last time it happened in England , people went nuts and robbed a bank. you're not even allowed metal replica guns of any sort as its a safety issue.

I really don't think a lot of these issues have been looked over

You'd be surpized what the military wants. People cosplay and base their cosplay off of movies, video game characters and genres. Why should you be denied the same aspect of what it was created. Take Star Trek for example. You can get the plans for the Deep Space Nine suits on how to sow for men or female cosplay costume. It tells you what it's made out of in the movies so you can buy the same thing and make the same thing littterly. Master cheifs armor is metal. The lightest metal that can be machined but extreamly strong is tunstgan. It's harder than platinum and only 3 scaled under a dimond in the moss hardness scale. Meaning that to a certain degree it's bulletproof. Which means it's very light and it acts like the real thing. Why not build the real master cheif suit. That's what cosplay is right? you make something of what you saw in a game or movie to pretend. Why can't I have the same thing that's in the game? Why should I be denied? Why should only the mods who have access to cheap pirated CnC be only able to make proffesinoal peices of armor in which they use to mass produce peices of armor in molds like BlueRelm studios does. I've seen a few admins in the dented helmet who do the same thing who sell their crap on ebay to remake up the cost that they had to spend investing in their idea. Yet in the 405th.com you have no recourse to suppliment cost of reserach and time making your concept come to life. I'm okay with that.

Please link where that law is in effect in the USA> There is no such law. Please I'm calling your bluff link the federal statue and where it's listed in the state of Colorado. There is none. I can make whatever I want as long as it co ensides with the DEA. It's not a weapon it's art. It's a cosplay costume. The consiracy theory that people will use this to commit crime is insulting enough and I reject the notion anyone on this form would be stupid enough to do that.

My Admrial in the Navy though alot of my Ideas ludicrous I prove him wrong each and every time. He learned to trust my judgment. So should you.

Here is what's required to accomplsih this

PlasmaCam CnC 3,000 USD for sale on www.PlasmaCam.Com you can cut metal up to 3 inches thick in 30 seconds and it comes with a wood mod that can make 3d complete objects as big as 17-17-17. You could than use this object here.

It's called the NextEngine 3D Scanner. IT runs 3,000 usd to buy outright. The addon software and all the bells and whistles tune up the price to 13,500 dollars.

If you wanted to be completely proffesional like they do in hollywood you'd need the FOTUS 900MC 3D Printer. It goes for a woping 450,000. NASA, CIA, NSA uses it. As does every fortune 500 company in the world that produces cars and high end gear. The 3D plastic cartiages cost 40 bucks to cost per roll. How strong is it? The plastic used in this machine is used in the SeaWolf and Ohio Class subs. It can withstand up to 3,000 degree heat and it can withstand up to 1 mile below the oceans crushing force. Just read the brochure on the stats and ablity's of their plastic. It's also almos paper thin. Almost 0.500 layers thin. It can be printed in 3D format the ultimate master cheif suit or cosplay suit. It weights next to nothing and the USAF uses it in the SKUNK Works Department to build the X-47B. All this is UNCLAS as it's public knowlege. Hollywood uses this to make their cars, high end car kit bodies and anything else they need.

I just listed 3 ways you can make master cheif armor or any type of cosplay armor. I did do my homework Ma'am. 3 years of it infact so indeed you're mistaken.

A) you can CnC it in a cheap 3,000 Metal working machine
B) You can have it made in a 3D printer
C) You can do it cheaply in paper but you have to be a wiz and a master model maker to make it look the part.

Both A and B you do not require but you could customeize it by engraving it with intercate details thus enriching the art to a whole new level. I just threw 2 other new concepts into the mix. They can't be reached by anyone in this site because no one has half a million dollars to spare so B is out of the picture for now. A and C are on the table. Oh BTW if you looked at D.A.R.P.A's website they're giving away 1 billion dollars in prize money to anyone who can create a metal suit to anyone who can make a metal bullet proof suit to anyone that can make it lift 500 pounds without breaking a sweat and be able to function in cold, desert and water. With that being said DAPRA and the DoD contract to get the military's new toy greeen lights the right to own metal cosplay armor.

Also, from now on PLEASE keep your comments well tempered. I come back tomorrow and I see more hate posts I will personally help re instate the old rules of the forum and I wouldn't be assuming too much if there were suspensions from the forum.

-Seth

Dude you're one to talk. You act condosending and claim you're being nice to people and you isnult them and when they throw it back in your face you threaten to go tell. The hyporictal actions need to stop. I've read your so called mentor program and I have to say I see huge faults in it the only 3d google sketch exports are only german speaking people. The people who know how to make armor like the back of their hand live no where near anyone. Coorospondance course? What's the cost to the person coorposoding isn't that something we'd all like to know is what i said when I read this. Dude step by step videos would be alot better way of teaching. Youtube is full of them and t here are some good ones and some pretty crappy ones.

prime example google sketch have a excercise where you build a halo weapon. Let use a m6 socom for example. Do it step by step explaning what you're doing for all to see and learn. Yeah I like the idea of a school that teaches you how to build but where are you going to get the funding? I don't see anyone handing out grants for schools. Do you? You constantly give me criticism on my ideas here's some food for thought for yours. View my blog about @ BlueRelm Studios. On the link I provided it gives you the link to create a school with a 3 million dollar grant if you can start the comapny in 12 simple rules and steps you have to abide by. Enjoy.

I would Like to point out that these suits are completely cosmetic, costumes, when you buy a halloween costume do you expect it to last years? Why in the world does it need to be able to withstand the weight of a car, or truck? And as a matter of fact, a Pepakura helmet with ONE layer of fiberglass, held my weight (150 lbs) with no damage to it, whatsoever. It doesn't NEED to be anymore durable than it already is, better? sure. Easier? that depends solely on how you do it. Metal suits are fairly heavy, the suits we do now can be hot as it is, the practicality of a metal suit to a con is next to nothing.

As far as sizing, its literally as easy as measure and multiply. I'll give the base for it. just for example lets say you're making a forearm piece. Measure the length of your forearm, from where you want the piece to fit. (lets say that measurement came out to 9 inches, multiply that by 25.4 and input it into the pep program, probably the length dimension eh?

People how claim to make good models sit on their helmets or drop and kick them like spause does on his youtube vids to show their durablity and strength. I've one up his method my method of building halo weapons I can litterly run over my CnCed shotgun park the truck on it. Eat a cheseburger. Hop back in back up off of it. Turn off the engine hop back out and see that it's still in 1 peice and undamanged in anyway. I just strength tested it under military grade testing for a cosplay prop. That means it'll last for at least 50 years before it has to be maintained. HOw often does halo pepakura cosplay props need to be touched up with paint or have fresh coats of liquid fiberglass resrprayed on? Sure it's one super large coat with many fiberglass mats underneath but why do it the hard way in my opinion. I'd rather do it a new way not dogging on the old way seen some nice things made in the old way. But it takes forever to make something when it shouldn't take you more than an hour to accomplish something.

Why are you refering to me as Mr. Stark?

Alright, with the metal idea you might need to talk to military devolopers, not costumers, if someone was sold a 'bullet-proof" suit, you can imagine the few nuts who would go to prove it... illegally. Also Cosplay -isn't- about replicating the exact materiels of said character but replicating the "look" of a character. You wouldn't want someone running around with a real gears of war chain saw gun (imediate inpoundment there). I know what you are getting at, but to the degree it is unescesary, regular polyurethane plastic is fine for costuming or any grade.

Alright, with the metal idea you might need to talk to military devolopers, not costumers, if someone was sold a 'bullet-proof" suit, you can imagine the few nuts who would go to prove it... illegally. Also Cosplay -isn't- about replicating the exact materiels of said character but replicating the "look" of a character. You wouldn't want someone running around with a real gears of war chain saw gun (imediate inpoundment there). I know what you are getting at, but to the degree it is unescesary, regular polyurethane plastic is fine for costuming or any grade.

why must I settle for plastic? Tungston is really cheap if you buy it bulk. It can be easily cut to size and grade if you have a speical bit for CnC. It's supper light and very durable. You could let someone hit you with a sludge hammer in the chest wearing a chest made out of this and you wouldn't feel it. It's that strong. We use it in our military tanks. Along with a few other materials that I won't go into. Why do you think the chinese or russian made stuff can't kill our beast in combat? There's a reason we build with it. It's been proven. Master cheif's armor is built out of super strong resillant armor. If I had to settle for something lighter I would have to go with a light thin layer of alluminum. But it's not as strong or durable. Iron is super druable but it's too heavy. Steel is very durable but it's to heavy. Platnium isn't cheap but it's very light and almost battle ready as in you could have the guy from future weapons unload with 8 of his frineds on you with full mag and not one would go through. And I higly doubt a nut has the funding to do this. The last nut to go postal made a full suit out of kevalor and he had to buy it on a credit card. It took him 3 years to make it and it didn't work his hand got broke from a bullet that periced his armor and ended up taking his own life to a bullet to the brain.

If you guys are O_O!!! worried that someone will do something stupid than throw out metals that are cheap but don't weight a lot that you wouldn't mind me making a master cheif suit out of.

(Alright, with the metal idea you might need to talk to military devolopers, not costumers)

Not true halo armor is made by the cosplayers. Think if I took the idea and ran with it to make it into a military style armor I would be alienated by every cosplayer on earth. And i'm not sure the military is ready to return to knights and shinny toys just yet. Being bullet proof from head to foot is something we all crave. But the military is building something much better. They're using meta materials and using aspects to create a cloaked soilder. You can't shoot what see and you can't kill that which you cannot shoot back at. The military is using the predator aspect over the halo aspect. I just want some cool looking armor it.

why must I settle for plastic? Tungston is really cheap if you buy it bulk. It can be easily cut to size and grade if you have a speical bit for CnC. It's supper light and very durable.

Master cheif's armor is built out of super strong resillant armor.

I think you're confusing tungsten with titanium. My wedding ring is tungsten, and it's heavy. I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a suit of this stuff. Titanium I can understand.

As far as cosplay goes, it's a hobby where people go to show off their outfits, yes, outfits that they made themselves.

I can't believe this topic has gotten this bad. You keep bringing the military into this (which I'm biting my tongue hard knowing how much BS you're trying to blow at people), when this is really not the topic you initially set up. You're trying to set up a sizing database, I get it. DO IT. I don't see what the hold-up is. You say you've made progress, but the only thing you've shown is the same 3D model pictures over and over. Show us something you've physically built. Prove to us that this is a viable method.

Either some sort of progress needs to happen, or I see no point in continuing this thread.

As for everyone else, let's cool our jets. I'll admit that I fumed a bit, and I apologize for that, it obviously didn't help matters.

I think you're confusing tungsten with titanium. My wedding ring is tungsten, and it's heavy. I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a suit of this stuff. Titanium I can understand.

As far as cosplay goes, it's a hobby where people go to show off their outfits, yes, outfits that they made themselves.

I can't believe this topic has gotten this bad. You keep bringing the military into this (which I'm biting my tongue hard knowing how much BS you're trying to blow at people), when this is really not the topic you initially set up. You're trying to set up a sizing database, I get it. DO IT. I don't see what the hold-up is. You say you've made progress, but the only thing you've shown is the same 3D model pictures over and over. Show us something you've physically built.

Either some sort of progress needs to happen, or I see no point in continuing this thread.

As for everyone else, let's cool our jets. I'll admit that I fumed a bit, and I apologize for that, it obviously didn't help matters.

YOu can read can you not? I've stated I do not have a understanding in how to convert peoples measurements into mm. I do not have a sizing chart for helmets, chest, arms, legs, hands, feet, cods, etc. If you'd feed me a sizing chart like the kind where people fit your for a shoe or t shirt i'd be much abliged. No BS here bub. I spent 4 years in reserach and devopment and Tungson if made properly can be paper light. Not sure what you're saying about it being heavy cause mine is made out of the same material and it's light. Lighter than paper no but it's still light. Bet if you had a suit made out of this, with tung or titan and all you have was mags and a weapon you'd be someones worst nightmare on a battlefield and it's what DARPA and the us D.o.D is asking for. so no BS is being flown sir. DAPRA has a race for unamed cars for resupply for unmaned drone convoys. It has a predator 4 quad, predator fixed wing and a mech program that it's asking people to particiapte in. It's all on their website. No BS mr admin. ^o^ LOL. No i've made phsyical progress with weapons but what is a cosplay weapon? Um it's 1 part of a 16 step problem. I need a helmet, shins, cod, chest, arms, handguards, gloves, etc. I need a size chart please so I can accomplsih this for every part of the human body. How many sizes of helmet I know that they're are exactly 12. Do I have the size chart for that nope. Do I have a measuring tape. No. Do I have people stepping up to accept my challange to just tell me their measurements no. What am I left with. Nada.

I need the size chart to get started. There I said it more than 3 times.

add that. pluss a metal suit head to toe that's bullet proof you can lift anything and go miles without being touched.

As per cloaking google BAE's ADPATIV Tank. It can cloak from sight, heat and radar. We're experimenting with this technology in metal suits and metamaterials to cloak our troops. no BS. Learn and keep up with technology as my old master cheif used to say.

If you can't find it here it is on my channel

Star Trek cloaking technolgoy currently be used by the British, and American military in JSOC. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
YOu can read can you not? I've stated I do not have a understanding in how to convert peoples measurements into mm.

You can use Google, can you not? 1in = 25.4mm How hard is that?

Pretty basic math for someone claiming to work in R&D.

And, I'm not an admin.

As per cloaking google BAE's ADPATIV Tank. It can cloak from sight, heat and radar. We're experimenting with this technology in metal suits and metamaterials to cloak our troops. no BS. Learn and keep up with technology as my old master cheif used to say.

If you can't find it here it is on my channel

Star Trek cloaking technolgoy currently be used by the British, and American military in JSOC. Enjoy.

How is this even relevant to this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use Google, can you not? 1in = 25.4mm How hard is that?

Pretty basic math for someone claiming to work in R&D.

And, I'm not an admin.

98,000 blogs on how to scale each one is different with misinformation. I require the right information not 98,000 peices of information that google gives. Thanks for the standard to convert 1:1 from Inch to mm using your guy's scale. now step 2.

Bring up a random peice of armor says hight, weith depth. What aspects of this do I need to change? There is no NAVMAN 101 on how to do this or a proper video tutorial on this. So thats why I'm askin.

The pictures on my photobuket blog are the things I've complted and tested. I require the sizes of people who are 3 feet, 4 feet, 5 feet, and 6 feet for arms, legs, head, chest, cog, legs, shins, boots, arms, hands. If someone wouldn't mind sending me a cloth measuring tape I'd be most appreative. I've also asked people to submit their sizes to this blog so I can add it to a work document on how to create a scale chart. So I've made progress. Weapons are complete. I require armor. I cannot find the complete sets of halo 1, halo 2, halo 3, halo 4, odst, and reach. I require it in 1 file.

This is a hobby site .. For hobbyists, cosplayers, fans and artists.. Can this thread end please .. I thinks it's starting trouble that is rare from what I've seen in this forum.

This is a hobby site .. For hobbyists, cosplayers, fans and artists.. Can this thread end please .. I thinks it's starting trouble that is rare from what I've seen in this forum.

So your a old school pepakura zeoit who feels threatend and offended by me wanting and offering to rescale peoples armor so I can make a chart. I've overd this over and over and over again. Yet people like you who keep nay saying it keep intrupting progress. If you'd shut up and allow people who need armor unfolded I can proceed with progress.

Also answer this if you could. height, weith and depth and how to proprly scale this for someone I'd be much abliged. Other than that I only wish people who need unfolding to submit their scale and sizes here for helmet, hands, etc.

mod ask
How is this even relevant to this thread?

you said everything I said was Bull about the military. I just told you that you're the one who's mistaken on military technology and upgrades. I even uploaded links from the source and where to find it in case you wanta play nat aahhh like everyone on this site seems to play (Source it or it didn't happen....lets see viperb77 has done it as have you). Savvy?

Xavior, you're doing exactly what the people that constantly bug us about how to scale do. You really show that you have not done any research before starting this thread. By just looking around the tamasoft pepakura software I was able to find the "change scale" option and realized that the measurement was in mm. Like Carpathiavh said 1 in = 25.4 mm. It's simple math. The hardest part would be figuring out what is height, width, and depth. Usually the measurements coincide with the way that the piece originally looks on the 3D half of the page when you first open the file. It's really not that hard, and only people who are lazy create those "98,000" threads of "i don't know how to scale".

There are numerous stickies in the "Noob Forum" that explain how to scale, and even a very imformative scaling thread by HaloGoddess which I've mentioned to you about 3 times in this thread. That just goes to show that you show no sign of trying or even listening to any advice that other members are trying to offer you. I have been supportive of your idea of organizing pep files and even tried to help you with a "plan of attack" in terms of where you should start.

But like someone else said (sorry I don't remember you username) you can't scale everything to height. Not everyone has perfect proportions (spartan like figures). I for one have a longer torso that most. I stand at 5'8" and can sit down next to somebody that is 6'1" and look him in the eye. You talked about shoes and shirts. That concept works for those things because they aren't form fitting. If you were to go to buy a nice suit wouldn't you rather have it custom tailored to your own body rather than a generic sizing that could possibly make the suit fit a little loose in one area but too tight in another? The idea of scaling pieces to you is the same way. You need to be able to understand that everybody has different body types. So before you can counter this i'm going to say that I have scaled pieces to certain measurements only to find that the height of the piece fits but the width does not. The only way you would be able to make that work would be to edit the piece with a 3D modeling software, and trust me that is a heck of a lot harder to learn than simple pepakura.

I know that you are trying to help out the community and i'm all for that, but in order for you to do that you have to be able to accept positive AND negative feedback on your idea without getting flustered or automatically calling that person out. Each post I've read since you've started this has been you lashing out at someone who questions your idea or your motivation. Calm down! Don't get all defensive. We're all hopeful that this works out, but we also know how much work is needed for this to happen. Like others have said this is our HOBBY. The way you are looking at it makes it seem almost like you want to create a business from resizing files for people. We don't have all the time in the world to help resize files. Like I said before it's much easier to teach someone how to scale than to scale every single piece for the countless people who don't.

Don't take this as an attack on you or your thread, I am trying to help you; others here are trying to help you as well. Let's just lay off on the insults the back talk and get down to what this thread really is about. I think that if you were to post some progress pictures (which you can do as a noob) others will be able to see what you are trying to accomplish and be able to back you on this idea. As a lot of people say here "pics or it didn't happen".

On a side note, you say you use photobucket. So i'm assuming that you know how to upload pictures onto there. Instead of posting the link to the picture, copy and paste the IMG code then re-paste in the text box. It should pop up in the post when you post it. Also on your comment on our search engine, I know that we don't have the best one and honestly the best results I find are just typing what you need then adding 405th to the end and it should usually pop up. Hope this helps with your issues on this thread with the pics and future search issues.

Xavior, you're doing exactly what the people that constantly bug us about how to scale do. You really show that you have not done any research before starting this thread. By just looking around the tamasoft pepakura software I was able to find the "change scale" option and realized that the measurement was in mm. Like Carpathiavh said 1 in = 25.4 mm. It's simple math. The hardest part would be figuring out what is height, width, and depth. Usually the measurements coincide with the way that the piece originally looks on the 3D half of the page when you first open the file. It's really not that hard, and only people who are lazy create those "98,000" threads of "i don't know how to scale".

There are numerous stickies in the "Noob Forum" that explain how to scale, and even a very imformative scaling thread by HaloGoddess which I've mentioned to you about 3 times in this thread. That just goes to show that you show no sign of trying or even listening to any advice that other members are trying to offer you. I have been supportive of your idea of organizing pep files and even tried to help you with a "plan of attack" in terms of where you should start.

But like someone else said (sorry I don't remember you username) you can't scale everything to height. Not everyone has perfect proportions (spartan like figures). I for one have a longer torso that most. I stand at 5'8" and can sit down next to somebody that is 6'1" and look him in the eye. You talked about shoes and shirts. That concept works for those things because they aren't form fitting. If you were to go to buy a nice suit wouldn't you rather have it custom tailored to your own body rather than a generic sizing that could possibly make the suit fit a little loose in one area but too tight in another? The idea of scaling pieces to you is the same way. You need to be able to understand that everybody has different body types. So before you can counter this i'm going to say that I have scaled pieces to certain measurements only to find that the height of the piece fits but the width does not. The only way you would be able to make that work would be to edit the piece with a 3D modeling software, and trust me that is a heck of a lot harder to learn than simple pepakura.

I know that you are trying to help out the community and i'm all for that, but in order for you to do that you have to be able to accept positive AND negative feedback on your idea without getting flustered or automatically calling that person out. Each post I've read since you've started this has been you lashing out at someone who questions your idea or your motivation. Calm down! Don't get all defensive. We're all hopeful that this works out, but we also know how much work is needed for this to happen. Like others have said this is our HOBBY. The way you are looking at it makes it seem almost like you want to create a business from resizing files for people. We don't have all the time in the world to help resize files. Like I said before it's much easier to teach someone how to scale than to scale every single piece for the countless people who don't.

Don't take this as an attack on you or your thread, I am trying to help you; others here are trying to help you as well. Let's just lay off on the insults the back talk and get down to what this thread really is about. I think that if you were to post some progress pictures (which you can do as a noob) others will be able to see what you are trying to accomplish and be able to back you on this idea. As a lot of people say here "pics or it didn't happen".

On a side note, you say you use photobucket. So i'm assuming that you know how to upload pictures onto there. Instead of posting the link to the picture, copy and paste the IMG code then re-paste in the text box. It should pop up in the post when you post it. Also on your comment on our search engine, I know that we don't have the best one and honestly the best results I find are just typing what you need then adding 405th to the end and it should usually pop up. Hope this helps with your issues on this thread with the pics and future search issues.

Researched ways to produce, scan and make able the ablity to get armor to the masses in a chart. Didn't think to research scales. Spent the time anyaliing 3D scanners and printers finding the best 3d scanner, printer and CnC machine in the world. 450k + 13k + 3K = 466K. That's how much I figure i'd need to make the armor for just myself how I want it.

For me just to get the chart done I'd need data that all of you have. Everyone has their armor scaled to them. I need everyone to tell me your measurements. For your helmet. Chest, hands and gloves so i can make a chart. I'm not asking you to scale it for me. I'm saying I'll do it for you. Instead of me painstakingly hour after hour make a helmet this size, that size, this size, that size, why not just send in your measurements. Faster and much easier. You missed what I asked and didn't read what I asked did you?

I listend to what you said (Too much work, it's to hard, why bother, just use a thread and do it yourself, we're a unit we stick together but do it your ownself). Sounds kinda contradictory to me dosn't it to you. Everyone has asked for a standardization yet no one has stepped up to "Lasyness it's toooo much work" as you say. Cute. that's kinda hypocritical don't you think?

Xavior217sHaloTacticalKnifeprototype.png

Has been made in CnC and already tested. I've alreayd made all the weaposn and converted the files that I drew and made into CnC format. Before I make my metal armor. I'd feel guilty. I feel that I'd need to make a size chart so that way everyone can automatically know what peice of armor they need and require. If and when I get the permission to convert the files to .STL I can create a 2nd chart so everyone can share what I did. The Admins and mods have CnC machines, the noobs have paper craft. How is that fair? They refuse to share the GCode and refuse to share the files. Roger that I'll do it my way so everyone has equal access to the files in paper or in metal, wood, or any other object that can be cut in CnC.

Xavior...

1) You being in the military doesn't make you better than the rest of us, so you can stop using that. I really get agitated when my Naval Academy brother continually talks condescendingly to me because I'm a "civilian." Trust me, I see the pride, I feel the pride, I support soldiers so much I wouldn't even drink Starbucks for the longest time just because they refused to send coffee overseas to the troops. I have a brother at the academy and another brother and two uncles that served. All but one (Naval Academy brother) never goes around boasting that they were in the military.

2) I LOVE your idea. I will reiterate that again and again. GO FOR IT!!!

3) I discovered how to scale literally a week after I downloaded Pepakura. Easy as measuring a body part with a tape measure in millimeters and inputting that into the 2D menu -> change scale -> scale factor.

4) Would you please just quit being belligerent? "That's cute." Dude, really? That's what's bugging me and everyone else you've been doing this to. I'm really trying to be supportive of your idea. I tried referring you to Zombiegrimm's thread but sadly he didn't have the file up anymore. I'm trying to help out but I kinda want to quit now that you keep talking down to people. Poor carpathia! Dude, he knows what he is talking about. He's a MOD! Seth is trying to get all this confusion sorted out, but you're being resistant to him too. surfahbum808 is also telling you to calm down. I'm telling you that you're really bothering people in a really nice way and you spat that in my face too.

No one is attacking you. We're all subject to encouragement, and to constructive criticism, and that's all it is. Never had we flat out said "your idea sucks," or "your method is crap." We're all eager to see it in motion. But like everything in costuming, there are pros and cons and that's all we're pointing out.

Please please please, cool it and discuss everything civilly.

Xavior...

1) You being in the military doesn't make you better than the rest of us, so you can stop using that. I really get agitated when my Naval Academy brother continually talks condescendingly to me because I'm a "civilian." Trust me, I see the pride, I feel the pride, I wouldn't even drink Starbucks for the longest time just because they refused to send coffee overseas to the troops. I have a brother at the academy and another brother and two uncles that served. All but one (Naval Academy brother) never goes around boasting that they were in the military.

2) I LOVE your idea. I will reiterate that again and again. GO FOR IT!!!

3) I discovered how to scale literally a week after I downloaded Pepakura. Easy as measuring a body part with a tape measure in millimeters and inputting that into the 2D menu -> change scale -> scale factor.

4) Would you please just quit being belligerent? "That's cute." Dude, really? That's what's bugging me and everyone else you've been doing this to. I'm really trying to be supportive of your idea. I tried referring you to Zombiegrimm's thread but sadly he didn't have the file up anymore. I'm trying to help out but I kinda want to quit now that you keep talking down to people. Poor carpathia! Dude, he knows what he is talking about. He's a MOD! Seth is trying to get all this confusion sorted out, but you're being resistant to him too. I'm telling you that you're really bothering people in a really nice way and you spat that in my face too.

More like I view it as an act of patriotism that should be strived for by all and not acting like a coward and choosing to hide behind my family. Instead I chose to stand against the enemeys who dared to take us on. You asked where I got my training I gave you an an answer. You're just now trying to grasp for a way to insult me back because your upset with me. The task at hand is to make a chart. Now that we've cleared that people over 100,000 in all have all agreed that a chart is benifical to the community. All I hear is constant nagging and excuse after excuse after excuse why it can't be done or why I should just give up. I'm not going to give up and if ya'll would just kindly put all your measurements for yoru armor in like a huge form and what type of armor it was what halo era it was from and if your a guy or girl that would be awsome. I've heard no recommendations on how to get it DONE! Other than lets go, move move move move move move move. Okay chill. I need the information before I can put together the chart. Do you see anyone providing the information required? No. So how can I make a chart with 0 data? Riddle me this please. I've been offering ways to get a chart accomplished that will accomdate everyone. People say you don't have my size I have a unique size. Um no you don't and I'm pretty sure wal-mart or big and tall has it. If we all compile the sizes of the armor in one huge pile and sort them out by male, female, what halo era does this go in you will have your chart. I've offered to do this for ya'll. So what's the hold up?

I don't have a tape measure, ruler or faberic measuring tape. I left that all in the military when I left. Didn't think i'd need it. >__> Guess I was wrong.

(What am I trying to accomplish)

Step one make all halo weapons and vechiles into .STL in 1:1 Size. Accomplished.

Step two obtain all armor from all eras. (Cannot comply)
Running into resistance when asking for the complete file for halo 1, halo 2, halo 3, halo 4, odst and reach. I'm getting nagged at and 0 links where to find it. When I type it into google the armor is all over the place or it's badly missahped or not very high resolution like someone failed misserbly in art school and the place where it's all in 1 spot halo wiki the links are broken if they're not the file was deleated. >_> That helps alot....NOT.

Step three make size chart

Care to explain beliligerant hypocrite. It takes two to fight and all you're doing is attacking me verbally and you expect me to bow down like some sort of peon. Yeah that's not going to happen you can munch on sand before that happens. How's about we start over hmmmm? Seeing how we're both people how's about talking to me as one and not down to me and I'll share you the same courtisy. Fair?

HI I'm Xavor217 I"m trying to make a chart for halo sizing that will help and benfiit anyone on this site would you care to help and assist. Could you please tell everyone to please tell me their armor data in this form?

I require the following please if you could email it in 1 solid file for each halo era, armor type i.e marine, mastercheif that would be awsome.

UNSClogo.png

Newest thing pulled out of micro desginer.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html

Here is every Halo Pepakura file that I have ever seen here on the 405th. It has Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4, plus non Halo files. Authors of the files, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe,Xavior, you are allowed to change the scales in each one as I had described in my previous post. Now I'm gonna go back to "hiding behind my family" again :) I will continue watching this thread in hopes of seeing your dreams and tasks accomplished, but I am done posting, as apparently my honest, supportive efforts are failing, and you are continuing to condescendingly use your so-called military experience to say that civilians are cowards. Thank you, goodbye. :)

http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html

Here is every Halo Pepakura file that I have ever seen here on the 405th. It has Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4, plus non Halo files. Authors of the files, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe,Xavior, you are allowed to change the scales in each one as I had described in my previous post. Now I'm gonna go back to "hiding behind my family" again :) I will continue watching this thread in hopes of seeing your dreams and tasks accomplished, but I am done posting, as apparently my honest, supportive efforts are failing, and you are continuing to condescendingly use your so-called military experience to say that civilians are cowards. Thank you, goodbye. :)

Did I say you or my as in me my family. YOu really need to learn to read kid. I chose not to hide behind "MY" family as my reason to go to war and I loved every minute of it. It's not for all that cannot stomach it but there are jobs within it for those who arn't suited for combat. There is a place in the military for everyone. Each member of my family has served with pride and dignity. Not serving in our family is an insult as to disrespect those who do decide to serve. I don't see you jumping up to go explore, learn and defend. I did and I never did state in anyway shape and or form that I"m better in you. NOr did I imply that. You some how misread what I staid and brought this into the coversation. You asked me where I got my training. I stated in a smart remark your tax payer dollars helped pay for it as a way to say thank you. For someone who hasn't served not everything we say is insulting. This is me being nice I can be mean if you wish me to. Those in my opinon who chose not to serve are missing out in many ways. You do not get to expereince life in it's truest form. In the USA you're protected in a little protective shell. Outside those borders you get to see the world for what it really is. I got to learn alot and make alot of friends. You're also rewarded for your service by a college eductaion, free barrial, free health care for the rest of your life and a half million dollar house loan. I chose to volunteer for 3 tours, back to back to back. Where as I saw people looking for an excuse to go home. Why bother signing up if all you want to do is go home? Makes no sense. Why do you value your freedom if you do not value the people who provide it for you? I refuse to hide behind my family and if we do break out against war with Iran I will go back into R&D and make our enemy's lives a living hell by filling body bags by the hundreds. With that being said thanks much for the link. Hope to see you around.

This has gotten out of hand, long ago. I apologize to the 405th community for letting this go on for this long. It's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back