Newest update on halo files from .PDO / .OBJ converted to .STL (CnC) cuttable weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to This While Reading this Thread
Ok, after reading this whole awesome post, I do have to say I'm the critic.

I wholeheartedly agree with Katsu, Carpathiavh99, and Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales; This is a difficult endeavor if you don't know what you're doing, its not "snap your fingers", and most of all man, you need to post at least one picture (IMHO).

I will play bad cop here, because I work WITH people that use safety equipment around a CnC machine and machines of the sort that will crank out badassery. You have to understand that maybe you could crank out that helmet with time, but who's really going to let you around their machine long enough to do that. Rapid pro-typing is probably what you're thinking of, and even that, the smallest amount of time that they would even let you NEAR one of those machines is talking about four digits of a price. So right there, its WAY too expensive, plus bro, like Seth said, where is your experience?

I have done my best to talk/post/rate all of us "so so" pepakura folders, and I ain't gonna lie, that did rub me the wrong way, because you have brought nothing to our table. It is our hobby, and like a hobby, you figure out how you like to do it YOUR BEST. Sure you're trying to bring some great information to us, but I don't see the proof. Besides, not only do you have some HIGHLY experienced members in this thread, you don't seem to have any grasp on what they are saying. From my safety standpoint, I see rookies walk up to those machines and burn off large amounts of skin on some machine they "think" they know. So if you can find a machine, great! Make us some awesome armor! But first you got to realize YOUR limits!

There.

I'm sure that EVERY single builder here; foamers, pep'ers, woodworker's, painters, bondoer's, metallurgicals and good ol' cardboarder's, can all agree that this stuff takes time, and your patience at one point. This is our hobby man, some people can crank this **** out and turn it into a side job, but I am gonna play the bad cop and say, you need to make some, hell, beat my armor! I'm gonna fail at a lot, but I will keep on going with my method until I can't anymore.

You should first try and make some armor, or post it. We're anxious and ready, Xavior217.

"Betcha can't stick it..."

EDIT: +1 Subscription

I have listed links to my photos. Photobucket xavior217 I've listed a link to it people claim the link is broke for some reason since I have limited ablity to attach pictures or files I'll just tell you where it's located. I've already tested this theory by making a Rubberband gun and the Halo Tactical Knife. It's pretty much load the file into CnC, point and click print and you have your object. So I have to disagree with you there. I've already proven it outside of theory to concept. Not sure where you're getting your figures from to use a CnC's shop but you're very much mistaken and I think you need to check your sources.

My experince? Points at his boatswainsmate pin. If I need to get something done I'll figure it out. DC2 Honey in the navy taught me how to use CnC machines, and I had experince with them in high school having signed up for a free addtional class @ UTEC now WCCC in Colorado shop class. There is a better way to do it. I'm not saying turn away from pep completly. I'm saying there needs to be a formulized method to downloading or accessablity to .pdo armor that's sized without having to bash ones head against he wall trying to figure it out. How many post can you point out that people show constant frustration? Why does there need to be a thread on do it yourself? Sounds like hey I'm to lazy to do this but here's the information on how and good luck. -___- cute... People say it's alot of work and it's too much of a job to take on. How much work did you put into making the armor? How much did you put into resizing it.

Here is a concept that works to lesson the time on the time it would take to resize it. If everyone makes a blog and they throw in their boots for male or female. The sizes are different for people. Helmet sizes are different. It could be rearranged so people could have a one stop shop. Example: I wear a size 12 boot. Who else has a size 12 boot. Why not share it in a general blog. One person said in a blog I read eariler they have weird sizes. Why not take all the custom sizes and add them into a master blog and the admin can arrange them for everyone to see and put a graph or chart at the top Helmet size, shoe size, chest size, cod size, arms, male or female. IT'd make it less hetic. There is that do able?

Post a photo? I have listed my link to my photobucket page 7 times. Look up on google xavior217 & Photobucket. Feel free to paw through my photos. All halo weapons, and my rubberband gun. All made in CnC and proven method. But what is a weapon without the armor? How do you expect me to show how to make the helmet, armor if I don't have access to correctly sized .pdo armor? I belive I've asked people if they wouldn't mind sizing a set for me in halo 1, 2, 3, 4, odst and reach and I can post pictures of each peice made after it's turned out in CnC and .STL files. http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a505/xavior217/Xavior217sMG6Pistol.png

UpDate I figured out how to scale up or down the .pdo model by 10% by watching some old out of date vid that's like 5 years old. Kewl the information is still valid. Now the 2nd part of the new problem. It's all in mm. Slams head into desk. OW~ ......*rubs head*..........Now how to I know what scale to use for someone for height, weith & depth for person................*pounders*..............LIGHTBULB.......People use a scale on how fat or not fat they are in t-shirt sizes and they're are like 12 different sizes of helmet in motorcycle helmets. There are many shoe sizes, and many differnt sizes for shin guards for soccer. ..............Arm guards i'm not so sure about. If I can complie all this into a chart or graph I think I should be able to simply the armor sizing problem. >__> Not amuzed I had to figure out how to size it myself from youtube.

LightBULB............I can go to a suit store and ask the seamstress how she measures people and say it's for a school project >__>. So I know how to measure and size and scale the CnC armor for people. But I'll have to convert their measurements from Inchs into mm. That's going to be a pain.

I have listed links to my photos. Photobucket xavior217 I've listed a link to it people claim the link is broke for some reason since I have limited ablity to attach pictures or files I'll just tell you where it's located. I've already tested this theory by making a Rubberband gun and the Halo Tactical Knife. It's pretty much load the file into CnC, point and click print and you have your object. So I have to disagree with you there. I've already proven it outside of theory to concept. Not sure where you're getting your figures from to use a CnC's shop but you're very much mistaken and I think you need to check your sources.

My experince? Points at his boatswainsmate pin. If I need to get something done I'll figure it out. DC2 Honey in the navy taught me how to use CnC machines, and I had experince with them in high school having signed up for a free addtional class @ UTEC now WCCC in Colorado shop class. There is a better way to do it. I'm not saying turn away from pep completly. I'm saying there needs to be a formulized method to downloading or accessablity to .pdo armor that's sized without having to bash ones head against he wall trying to figure it out. How many post can you point out that people show constant frustration? Why does there need to be a thread on do it yourself? Sounds like hey I'm to lazy to do this but here's the information on how and good luck. -___- cute... People say it's alot of work and it's too much of a job to take on. How much work did you put into making the armor? How much did you put into resizing it.

Here is a concept that works to lesson the time on the time it would take to resize it. If everyone makes a blog and they throw in their boots for male or female. The sizes are different for people. Helmet sizes are different. It could be rearranged so people could have a one stop shop. Example: I wear a size 12 boot. Who else has a size 12 boot. Why not share it in a general blog. One person said in a blog I read eariler they have weird sizes. Why not take all the custom sizes and add them into a master blog and the admin can arrange them for everyone to see and put a graph or chart at the top Helmet size, shoe size, chest size, cod size, arms, male or female. IT'd make it less hetic. There is that do able?

Post a photo? I have listed my link to my photobucket page 7 times. Look up on google xavior217 & Photobucket. Feel free to paw through my photos. All halo weapons, and my rubberband gun. All made in CnC and proven method. But what is a weapon without the armor? How do you expect me to show how to make the helmet, armor if I don't have access to correctly sized .pdo armor? I belive I've asked people if they wouldn't mind sizing a set for me in halo 1, 2, 3, 4, odst and reach and I can post pictures of each peice made after it's turned out in CnC and .STL files. http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a505/xavior217/Xavior217sMG6Pistol.png

I googled "Xavior217 Photobucket" and come up with nothing but the link to this thread so something is wrong on your side not ours. Secondly you could do the whole ask people to send it files of different sized files but who would want to organize it and who would be uploading it? You would have to find people that would be willing to upload every single "customized" sizing of a piece. I know that while using Pepakura you can't save edited files using the free version. You have to have bought the code to save these edited files. The chart seems like a good idea but who will create it? Where are you going to store all of this data? It would make sizing a lot easier, but honestly sizing is not that hard. You may have some trouble with the helmet because helmets are hard to size regardless of what you measure, but with everything else it should be simple. There are very informative threads like the one I mentioned earlier (HaloGoddess' armor sizing thread in the Creation Discussion) that walk you through step by step on how to measure and size each piece you'll need.

I didn't understad you saying "Why does there need to be a thread on do it yourself?" It's called DIY because you do it yourself, but with the guidance of someone who knows what they're doing. You can jump into building a house without any information, but that would be ridiculous. Now if you had the blueprints you could build the house yourself even if the blueprints are not your own. It's the same with armor building. The admins or mods here don't have a lot of free time on their hands so they probably wouldn't agree to creating a thread on the forum just for that if they had to do it themselves and if they did it wouldn't be up any time soon...(and by that I mean it could take months maybe even years). You would have to get the word out for people to upload files then send you links to those files then organize those files then set up a table or program that would allow a user to navigate to those files. It sounds like a great plan but that is a lot of work. People on here aren't trying to bash you for your idea, they're just trying to see if you have the motivation and the drive to complete all of that. There are have been a lot of threads that start off with a great idea, but because it's a ridiculous amount of work people resort to teaching people on how to size rather than size for them. It's kind of like the "give a man a fish he has dinner. teach a man to fish he can feed himself for the rest of his life". If you teach someone how to scale their pieces they can scale for any pieces after that. Too many people here are just too lazy to figure that out which results in frustration. Look at all the pointless threads of people that ask about where they can find pep files to master chiefs armor...really?! You can search for that in the search bar and the first 5 results that pop up have those files in them.

I understand that you're trying to help the 405th and I'm glad that you are, but you have to realize that most of the "frustrated" people you mentioned were just too lazy to look up how to scale in the beginning and they are angry because they put all that work into pepping a piece only to find it didnt fit. If they were to have put those 5 extra minutes before printing they could have avoided the frustration altogether. If you can accomplish this task awesome. You would become one of the most respected members here just for making our lives a lot easier. Hope this idea of a mass catalog of armor files does someday get accomplished here. Best of luck!

-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-
-snip-

Xavior217, I did google, photobucket search you, and now I just looked at your link you posted... that's the only thing I got to work. I used firefox, chrome, and (shudder) internet explorer. I am not sorry I do not believe you, but keep in mind we are all trying to help you. I got my quotes from working directly with facts and figures on the actual purchase and usage of the "machines" themselves. With your experience you should realize this. You're right in saying it would be a great "concept", but where is the concept, sir?

Going back to your quote;

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking here by a "chart", because everyone's foot is different. Sure the size might be close, but you have to realize that maybe for one person it may fit like a glove, but there are people with high arches, flat feet, and even wide feet, proving that maybe a simple chart might not cut it. That's why we size. I made my boot wrong four times, because I would like mine to be WAY more functional than just a "prop cover". Maybe you were thinking that this can be pumped out quickly and cleanly, like you're almost trying to make a profit out of this. Sure we could all hang on to our armors and keep our things private, but in today's age, we should be careful. Microsoft, Bungie, and 343 have been nice enough to leave us roll out and do our thing. Keep in mind though you are knocking on the door of American Capitalism, and my OWN opinion is that turning out a quick way to make cheap armor might bring down some unwanted attention. I'm NOT shooting down your idea of CnC... just being a voice of reason and criticism.

Besides... did you not lurk around to figure out some things first, before you joined? Everyone lurks. That is so we can get our "ducks in a row", Mr. "boatswainsmate".

If you can accomplish this task awesome. You would become one of the most respected members here just for making our lives a lot easier. Hope this idea of a mass catalog of armor files does someday get accomplished here. Best of luck![/QUOTE]

When I first picked up pepakura about 2005 I didn't know about sizing. I was totally reliant on someone who knew it. They gave me almost every single pepakura file you can find on the net and told me to go away. I know how to do it but just like 3 hours ago figured out how to resize so I don't have to anoy the living piss out of you guys figuring this out. A chart is needed tho. There are 15 helmet sizes, about a few chest sizes for guys and gals. Boot sizes for guys and galls which are common, shin guard sizes etc. I just have to find a cloth measuring tape and do mine first and then figure out how on a size chart different lengths are for kids to adults and just create a basic chart. From there if people have weird measurements incorporate it in the inbetween size chart. I completely understand what you're saying that some people are just like gimmie the files and show me how. I can understand that when they're brand spanking new but to hold their hand 24/7 no. A basic size chart would help those who do not want to buy the code so they can save it so they don't have to anoyingly change the size each time they try to print it out. It would be benifical. Lazy perhaps but it would help many who don't know how and listed above the chart could be a screen print of how to do it in 3 screen prints and have the chart listed below saying if you still don't get it wallah here you go. If a person knows their size and dosn't want to make the wrong armor all they have to do is click on the Chart and save. I hear if you pay 7 bucks a month you can obtain a go-daddy.com site. There are many different ways I guess you could create a chart on facebook or something I'll have to look into it. But first I just need to create it.

---------------------------------
@Viper877

... just being a voice of reason and criticism. Besides... did you not lurk around to figure out some things first said:
No your just being anoying at this point and a mouth. I've explained it very simply to you. .SKP can be converted into .PDO, which can be converted into .OBJ through designer. If you use Rhino or another program you can convert the files into .STL which is standard for pretty much every CnC 3d Cut. DXF is standard for flat print desgins that you see signs made out of. Following? Just chekcing. If you print a 3D model in CnC like I did the other day using the .STL Halo Tatical Knife you will find that the logic is just point click print. You ask how do you keep people from copying it and deeming it theirs. Simple> Let me explain first you print a .STL file. Lets use a pistol for example. Have it engraved so that you know who made the file, who made it into .pdo, who unfolded it, who converted it into .STL. Have it listed on the back handle, the clip, and under the pistol barrel. Three places so you can't say it's not there. Rescan it with a NextEngine Scanner into .OBJ reconvert it into .STL. Print it out again it'll be automatically stamped with the who made it than cast it. Engrave on top of the mold the very same thing but alll the way across the top, bottom, sides. When it sets and hardens use piano wire to carefully seperate both halfs. Once they're appart rescan with NextEngine 3D Scanner into .OBJ. You now have part A and Part B with the stamps in the mold itself and on the outside in file format that's a file mold. Convert it into .STL and reprint the mold part a and part b. You now have a file that you can use to produce your parts thus litterly making it impossible for someone to take credit for your work. It'll look rather dumb for ones friend to try to say hey I'm so and so on this site when in fact they just joined a day or so ago and that file is time stamped how ever long ago. If people try as you call American Caplitalism the lawyers from Xbox 360 will do the very same thing the people from Star Trek did to the pirates through their pocket book and in criminal courts. In addition to adding the mold file on the site you could make a agreement which you can create on legalzoom.com for about 50 bucks saying anyone who downloads any .STL File or any mold file is legally bound not to resell or share the file with anyone. The same legal writing found in Dave from lambobuilders can be used. He dosn't own the copyright from labmo but he's permitted to sell it. I'm not saying sell it I'm saying make it so no one is allowed to sell it but they're allowed to download for personal use. That's acceptable. But to answer your jest I'll humor you seeing how you're technology challanged i'll upload the photos which have been up on photobucket for the past week in a youtube vid just for you. You should feel special. The click URL and right click paste on this site sucks. Facebook isn't even this bad nor is youtube. Some how anyone who's a infantryman has no problem with this....

You're not sure what I mean by a chart when everyones foot is different huh? Footlocker has a foot measuring tool that was made in the 1950's in their shops and use it to measure your foot wide and long. It's not that complicated. Everyone has a differnt size boot they wear. All the armor suits you see they have boots. It's not that complicated sparky. Pretty sure if you thought about it i'd make sense. There are size charts which can be adapted from different fields into armor sizes so people know how to choose their armor size. If that answers your question.

if the link breaks just type in Xavior217 humoring ViperB77 on youtube.

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can accomplish this task awesome. You would become one of the most respected members here just for making our lives a lot easier. Hope this idea of a mass catalog of armor files does someday get accomplished here. Best of luck!

When I first picked up pepakura about 2005 I didn't know about sizing. I was totally reliant on someone who knew it. They gave me almost every single pepakura file you can find on the net and told me to go away. I know how to do it but just like 3 hours ago figured out how to resize so I don't have to anoy the living piss out of you guys figuring this out. A chart is needed tho. There are 15 helmet sizes, about a few chest sizes for guys and gals. Boot sizes for guys and galls which are common, shin guard sizes etc. I just have to find a cloth measuring tape and do mine first and then figure out how on a size chart different lengths are for kids to adults and just create a basic chart. From there if people have weird measurements incorporate it in the inbetween size chart. I completely understand what you're saying that some people are just like gimmie the files and show me how. I can understand that when they're brand spanking new but to hold their hand 24/7 no. A basic size chart would help those who do not want to buy the code so they can save it so they don't have to anoyingly change the size each time they try to print it out. It would be benifical. Lazy perhaps but it would help many who don't know how and listed above the chart could be a screen print of how to do it in 3 screen prints and have the chart listed below saying if you still don't get it wallah here you go. If a person knows their size and dosn't want to make the wrong armor all they have to do is click on the Chart and save. I hear if you pay 7 bucks a month you can obtain a go-daddy.com site. There are many different ways I guess you could create a chart on facebook or something I'll have to look into it. But first I just need to create it.

This sounds like a great idea, again I would advise that you check with tamasoft and their usage disclaimer when you purchase the full version to make sure that doing this doesn't go against their usage policy. Since you are paying for software and it's not free i would think that "redistributing" saved versions of numerous files for free usage may cause a conflict. Of course I don't know their exact policy and this could coincide with their terms of use (but I would check it out just to be safe). That would probably be the first thing that I would want to check out before starting anything because if you don't get permission from tamasoft you're going to be dead in the water unless you can find a platform on which to distribute these files. Judging by the amount of information you are giving on the method of creating this site it seems that you're doing your research on how to start a awesome source for Halo files, however make sure you cover all your bases before starting on this endeavor. You don't want to convert all the files find the scaling for each individual size then realize that you don't have permission from either the modelers or tamasoft to use their files or software. Not trying to sound condescending, just trying to make sure you don't get into trouble or end up doing all of this for nothing. I would love to see a place where all halo files are categorized and labeled, as well as already sized out for each individual. Best of luck!

Surf they added a export .obj to their program. Legally they have no say with what you do with the file with a 3rd party system after it leaves their program. I've already looked at this aspect but thanks for bringing it up. If everyone cried about this than ACAD would have a virtual Monopoloy on everything that's made that we touch with our hands. That is not so because they have no right to the property used with their software after it leaves their software. The person who created the immage or model has the lisense purchased from the company to do with the model as he or she pleases. Usually they have the legal or verbal permission from the artist to convert it.

Here is how I think I would program it if I had any exp in programing.

(Please click the Ere of Halo you wish below)

Halo Era: (Halo 1) (halo2) Halo3) Halo 4) Halo ODST, Halo Reach

..................................Are you a Male or Female
...........................................Thank you
....................................Please select type of armor

.................................(Master Cheif) (alien) (Marine) (ETC)

Please choose below what you're seeking than chose your size to the right.

Helmets: (Size).......................................................................................
Chest: (Size).......................................................................................
Cod: (Size).......................................................................................
Boots: (Size)........................................................................................
Weapons: (Size)........................................................................................
Shins, (Size).......................................................................................
ETC (Size)......................................................................................

This sounds like a great idea, again I would advise that you check with tamasoft and their usage disclaimer when you purchase the full version to make sure that doing this doesn't go against their usage policy.
wow, I know sometimes you have to check legal issues, but this is really some overconcern! That would be the same if you bought Microsoft Office and you wouldn't be allowed to distribute your .doc word-documents. Think about it.

wow, I know sometimes you have to check legal issues, but this is really some overconcern! That would be the same if you bought Microsoft Office and you wouldn't be allowed to distribute your .doc word-documents. Think about it.

Well you can never be too safe! I would much rather check with policy than find out a few weeks or months later that you violated terms of use and can no longer run your "operation". I know this may seem crazy and ridiculous but in today's world you just never know... :/

The terms of use is to make files into .obj or paper craft to model, cast, resign or make for movie makers for profit or hobby. This is exactly what the terms of use of pepakura is. You cannot violate the terms of use when it's just a tool to make models or profit for proffesionals. You're being way too overly parnoid about this.

The terms of use is to make files into .obj or paper craft to model, cast, resign or make for movie makers for profit or hobby. This is exactly what the terms of use of pepakura is. You cannot violate the terms of use when it's just a tool to make models or profit for proffesionals. You're being way too overly parnoid about this.

Like I said before i'm just covering all the bases. It may seem overly paranoid but honestly wouldn't you want to check all these things rather than find out when you're almost done with this project that you don't have the rights or permission to complete it? Of course this is worst case scenario and highly unlikely but it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm not trying to stall this project or give you crap for the things you are trying to accomplish, I simply want to make sure that this project can be completed in a 100% legal method and not because of some "loophole".

Like I said before i'm just covering all the bases. It may seem overly paranoid but honestly wouldn't you want to check all these things rather than find out when you're almost done with this project that you don't have the rights or permission to complete it? Of course this is worst case scenario and highly unlikely but it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm not trying to stall this project or give you crap for the things you are trying to accomplish, I simply want to make sure that this project can be completed in a 100% legal method and not because of some "loophole".

Already checked the loop hole it's permitted. Does anyone have the .pdo file for assassins creed axe? Says I have to email zombie on deviantart.com but I don't want to make an account that I'm never going to use just to ask him for the file. Any one can share so I can make? Or does anyone have the Book of Eli Machete? These are two of the .pdo files I'm searching for.

UPDATE:

Thanks to whoever emailed me the Book of Eli Machete. I need the Assassins Creed III axe please. I'm not going to convert the files they'll stay as pep. Promise!

The Assassin's Creed III axe pep file can be found in the Skyrim pepakura files thread on the 405th. It should be easy to find with google. It'll be on like the first page. And really Xavior, the way you're carrying this on is extremely annoying. Like I've almost lost my helpful, cherub-like demeanor. Pep suits don't cost thousands to make firstly, even when one possesses skills of a master craftsman. And ya know what, EVERYONE'S project on the 405th is quality, they're elite, and they're filled with the pride of each builder. If you've come up with a new, cost effective, effort-reducing way to accomplish a full suit of quality armor, YOU go do it, and YOU spread the word. Make a suit, show it off, promote the method. I honestly would LOVE to see it become popular.

EDIT: Oh never mind he took the "TOMAHAWK" off.

Already checked the loop hole it's permitted. Does anyone have the .pdo file for assassins creed axe? Says I have to email zombie on deviantart.com but I don't want to make an account that I'm never going to use just to ask him for the file. Any one can share so I can make? Or does anyone have the Book of Eli Machete? These are two of the .pdo files I'm searching for.

UPDATE:

Thanks to whoever emailed me the Book of Eli Machete. I need the Assassins Creed III axe please. I'm not going to convert the files they'll stay as pep. Promise!

I'm just going to make a point here,it's called the "TOMAHAWK!"
And making a metal one is easier than a pep. Just like mine :)

Holy Moly, what a brutal thread. Let's just look at the arguments and settle this:

Xavier's side:

Project Concept

-Database of ALL current Pepakura files organised into type, game, armour piece, gender and other atributes attainable through a simple GUI that provides the correct file for the desired size (and whatever else, male, female).

-These files are available in several formats so that the user can decide what method they are going to use (be it Pepakura & Cardstock, CNC Milling/3D Printing, Foam, etc.).

-The concept is to create a directory that can offer good files and provide pre-scaled models for ease of use in Pepakura. I.e download a Male, Halo 3, MKVI suit scaled for someone approximately 6'2". Fine tuned adjustments made after download by user in Pepakura Designer to better fit their personal measurements.

+ His question is; "Why should we scale files over and over and over again if people are the same size and could use the same scale +

Requirements

-All known "quality" Pepakura armour files scaled for different height people.

-All known information about authors of files.

-Requires development of a working GUI

-Requires proper hosting

-Requires constant maintenance

-Requires permission from authors

-Absolutely free of charge w/no advertisements or other means of profiting.

Pros

-People using Pepakura models can easily send files that they have previously scaled and organized for their size to Xavier for compilation -- no new efforts required.

-Files can be downloaded with proper credit and disclaimers included in the download.

-Each file can have proper credit stamped into the file before being published to the directory.

-Directory can be compiled over time through members' normal course of scaling.

Cons

-Requires development of a working GUI

-Requires proper hosting

-Requires constant maintenance

-"Trickle in" idea will be accomplished in past-time and be slow; active effort will require attention and effort

-Permission from authors

-All done on a volunteer basis

Conclusion

Xavier's concept is actually a really interesting -- and completely valid -- idea. The intention is to ease the process of scaling for those who encounter difficulty in getting a well scaled model/attaining their own proper scaling for Pepakura models. It also provides a way for people to access the files in different formats for no extra work other than the work that Xavier has offered to do himself (converting files). He is simply trying to verbalize his intention to aide others in exploring alternate routes to make your armour.

That being said:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." - any man with a wife or girlfriend

Xavier: This forum is one of the cleanest, most welcoming, and supportive communities that I have ever encountered on the internet. As you may have noticed, there are some people who support your idea. HOWEVER, as you may imagine people don't take kindly to somebody asking everybody else to 'do the work' for them. If you want scaled files you'll have to take pride in your project and scale the files too. If you don't know how, you should consider learning.

Folks also don't appreciate being told that their methods are sloppy, expensive, and inefficient. If you can propose a more complete model of what you want to create here on the 405th then I suggest you try again with something like you see above. Credibility is also important. Better to under-promise and over-achieve. Don't take things personally; everyone has valid points here.

To everyone else: I have outlined as clearly as possible what I believe is Xavier's intention. If you still have a problem with it I seriously doubt it's coming from an objective place. Nobody tells a new member that creating a water cooled undersuit is impossible before they can discuss it or try. We shouldn't shoot down somebody's grand plan to make this kind of directory (even if it's hard to read and has a bossy tone sometimes).

/whatevertheheckthisis

tldr; read it.

I am the same ZombieGrimm from deviant art. I am the creator of the pepakura file for the Assassins Creed 3 tomahawk, and if anyone is interested, I'm on the 405th. I could no longer host the file but I do have it. Since I cannot host the file, I am willing to send the file to anyone who wants it, just need a valid email address to send it to.

I am the same ZombieGrimm from deviant art. I am the creator of the pepakura file for the Assassins Creed 3 tomahawk, and if anyone is interested, I'm on the 405th. I could no longer host the file but I do have it. Since I cannot host the file, I am willing to send the file to anyone who wants it, just need a valid email address to send it to.

Then stop trolling and just do it.

The Assassin's Creed III axe pep file can be found in the Skyrim pepakura files thread on the 405th. It should be easy to find with google. It'll be on like the first page. And really Xavior, the way you're carrying this on is extremely annoying. Like I've almost lost my helpful, cherub-like demeanor. Pep suits don't cost thousands to make firstly, even when one possesses skills of a master craftsman. And ya know what, EVERYONE'S project on the 405th is quality, they're elite, and they're filled with the pride of each builder. If you've come up with a new, cost effective, effort-reducing way to accomplish a full suit of quality armor, YOU go do it, and YOU spread the word. Make a suit, show it off, promote the method. I honestly would LOVE to see it become popular.

EDIT: Oh never mind he took the "TOMAHAWK" off.

Thats Cute....So how do I get the tomahawk file? .....Think you could perhaps mail a copy to me please? You lost me. Losing your paitence? you mean with the last 8 people who suggested the same thing. If you serach the threads of the last 8 who suggested the same thing they're flamed by the very same people like the two trolls above me one of them being viper and vind. Nintendodude was banned for trying to do the very same thing I am as was the last 7. Wow....... Sounds a lot like people "Claim" That they're pretending to be supportive but really don't mean it if it is anything but pep (Old School). Why are you guys getting offended with me trying to add a new concept to making halo armor? Really? Is it that offensive for me to try to standardise how it's done so it's done more profficent? @ Viper W/e I've already posted a youtube video of me making halo weapons in CnC and I showed what it looks like in .STL when you people said prove it. I'm not going to make a video of the after. I'm still offering to make all the files from halo 1, 2, 3, 4, odst, and reach into standard sizes for all. I figured out using a old outdated video but pep desginer still has the same set up so it's still valid on how to scale and size them. Only thing I'm missing folks is a sizing chart for helmets (all 12 sizes) (Chest all 5 sizes) (boots all 35 sizes for guys and gals) etc. Someoen said they'd give me the chart than they went back on their word. That's what is stalling me from getting to work on it (SOLO even with all the trolls ripping on me for helpin). I've already tested my CnC methods and made a .STL (CnC) Mold file for all the weapons. The mold files are mine seems like the mere suggestion of ease of production of a hobby made mold seems to upset people so I'll just hang on to them but only offer part B of my CnC idea which is just the part i.e. the helmet, chest, whatever. The weapons we're drawn in google sketch and converted to pep and exported to .STL

I've already showed you up Viper and you're acting like a sore loser by thumbing down the very youtube video you demanded me make just for you. W/e I'll do it the hard way after I type a report for class I'll walk my happy rump over to wally world and bug the clothing department and ask for a print out copy of shoe sizes for boots. I'm just going to say I'm trying to help out a cosplay community and I"m catching flaq for trying to make their site a bit more user friendly than what it already is and take the frustation out of making cosplay items. Than I'll hit up a motorcycle shop and ask them for their helmet chart. I'll post back when I have at least one halo era done.

zombiegrimm thank you very much if you could find the time please email it to me at regretfulflyer@aol.com thanks very much for taking time to reply. I hope to hear back from you.

I'm no expert in armor crafting. I've fumbled and learned my way through what I have of my build and even though it falls short of most of the builds on this site, I'm very proud of what I've accomplished. Personally, I really enjoy the frustration of having to learn as I go. In the end, I think it makes me a more well rounded costumer. The idea of a "push a button and get armor out of a machine" concept may appeal to several people here. It may not.

To me, it does not. That does not, however, invalidate the idea. What DOES invalidate the idea is that the OP has managed to insult/frustrate/anger several of the members on this forum, including some of the moderators.

Like I stated at the beginning, I am no expert in costuming. Where I AM an expert (self labeled, of course) is in spotting a Troll on a message board / forum. There have been several individuals here who have posted supportive comments about the OP's thread and he has turned around and returned fire with high agression in order to keep the "angry" theme of the topic progressing. In all defintions and descriptions, this is internet Trolling.

Xavior217, if I am mistaken in my views and you return to this thread with pics and an ongoing update thread to your project, then I will heartfully apologize and applaud you for your work. If you simply quote me and return fire stating again and again the "why" without the progression, then I hold to my opinion of your purpose here.

I have learned so much from this forum and I think of several of the people here as my friends and I take offense at what appears to be a Troll mucking up my hobby. I'm a total noob but if I may make a suggestion that everyone has heard / seen / typed at one time or another:

Stop feeding the Troll.

Either he will follow the rules and post accordingly or he will grow bored when we contine to ignore his attempts to keep the flames roaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back