News from the Front - The Official Newsletter for the Southern Regiment

Asgardianhammer

Identity Officer and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S113
Hello all I welcome you to read our Inaugural Edition of the Official Southern Regiment Newsletter!

Attachments

• News from the Front Issue 1 010718.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 797
Love the newsletter. Definitely liked the community member spotlight. I'd love to see a scaled down version of community spotlight more frequently, then save the larger one for the newsletter.
We are already on it Jetskigunner. You will be seeing this addition to the forum page in the very near future along with our social media pages.

Thanks again for the feature! The newsletter looks amazing very professional.

Anthony O. SID# S037
I just moved back to Fort Walton Beach, right up the road haha. Actually go to Navarre all the time to visit my grandparents. I hope to bump into you at a con around here sometime!

Anthony O. SID# S037
I just moved back to Fort Walton Beach, right up the road haha. Actually go to Navarre all the time to visit my grandparents. I hope to bump into you at a con around here sometime!
Definitely, we are planning on having a great 405th contingent at Pensacon in Feb. We have a page for the local fireteam. Check it out, Fireteam Poseidon
Send us a message and we can include you in Fireteam events!

Its that time again! Welcome to the Second Edition of News From the Front!

Attachments

• News from the Front Issue 2 041318.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 570
Once again great job on the newsletter. Just some constructive feedback though. The article on armor handlers seemed weird to be split. Might have done better just to keep it together. Just a thought.

Anthony i will try to not do that next time. We had so much we couldn't fit it all in our format not to mention i hate working in Word but it seems the best way to make something most can edit if necessary. The headers often give me grief manipulating but i am getting better at it. I expect our next issue we will be adding pages as it will be our Pre-Dragon issue. Thanks for the feedback!

No problem. Was talking to the wife (she does a newsletter for work). She mentioned publisher or the free equivalent may be easier to work with than word. Just a thought.

Well maybe she can give us a hand with this thing in the future? Nudge nudge...

so question?

do crack pot theroies count as news? if so I've got a few about halo games/ lore that's been bugging me for a bit.

so question?

do crack pot theroies count as news? if so I've got a few about halo games/ lore that's been bugging me for a bit.

and another thing and I don't mean to be rude, but why the herder line, make me feel like were cattle and at the wrong con/ after dark times. won't the term squad commander be a much better line.

Huh? What about herder line?
and another thing and I don't mean to be rude, but why the herder line, make me feel like were cattle and at the wrong con/ after dark times. won't the term squad commander be a much better line.

Huh? What about herder line?

can we call it something else besides that, like I said its not halo military, and SC or Squad Commander would be much more along the line of a group of cosplayer because its easier then saying "Where's the Herder." its "Where's the Squad Commander." much better of a saying I think.

can we call it something else besides that, like I said its not halo military, and SC or Squad Commander would be much more along the line of a group of cosplayer because its easier then saying "Where's the Herder." its "Where's the Squad Commander." much better of a saying I think.

I have no idea what your referring to. Where does it say harder line. Reading past post I see Rob talking about Header lines. Which is referring to a part of the newsletter.

foxleader the terminology used is a general statement for events that are large and it it is not derogatory as this is the general function that handlers and organizers perform. Secondarily the term Commander in our group does not need to be bandied about so flippantly. It gives the wrong impression about the chain of command. We will work to choose our words more carefully as we make edits in the future and thank you for brining it to my attention.

To your point about Halo Lore. There is enough speculation about the franchise we all hold so dear on youtube and other sites. I want to make sure that our articles remain about the Southern Regiment, costumes, armor, fabrication, members, cons and events, and things relevant to us in the 405th.
This newsletter is seen by Southern members for about 2 weeks before it is shared to the community as a whole. We in Regiment Command would like to see it remain about these subjects. If you have ideas for articles about those topics, or topics for things like wiring or programming, or anything relevant to us as a costume group I would love to hear it.

-Hammer

well I know a guy that has a falcon, the falcon from star wars WIP but that's more of a 501st thing. as for news I would like to know what people would think about a warehouse for long term storage of armor and props or a museum to show case our armor sure it would be nice to have multiple locations, but it would be nice to beat 343 to the punch on that front, because we all know that forward unto dawn could have been done better with our help, because it still bugs me that we as a group have never been asked to help with their films, even thou we make our own.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back