nice ppl plz read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmins

New Member
is any one nice enought to send me the armour made out of paper
see, im only twelve and ive tried to do it b4 but it didnt wok out it would be much apreicated
thanks(pm me)
 

MisterChief

Jr Member
If you would like armor, you should try to figure out what you did wrong and ask us what to do to not make the same mistake. Asking us to make armor for you is useless because 99% of people will not do it for you. :cautious: SORRY!
 

timmins

New Member
MisterChief said:
If you would like armor, you should try to figure out what you did wrong and ask us what to do to not make the same mistake. Asking us to make armor for you is useless because 99% of people will not do it for you. :cautious: SORRY!
i just want a helm
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sk8er4life

Well-Known Member
pm adam or sean. They wont likely give it to you but the might sell it. People on this sight dont buy armor they just talk and get help\. With the people on this sight you could be able to make armor too. If its not the best try again. You cant be an expert without being a rookie so keep trying! :rolleyes Some people who do sell armor will be in the classifieds and they usually tell you to go to ebay so go check there. And this site westerfieldstudios.com has a kit for $700 for a whole hard plasitc suit unassembled. If you need it that much go there but ony if you got some cash. Otherwise keep trying
 
It's not that hard, ask people around the forums to help you with the scaling to help you. All you need is some patience which most people don't have. You will be charged for any service of someone making you something, do you think the guy sitting in his basement spending a couple hours building you a helmet that will shred being shipped would do it for free?
 

Xavier

Well-Known Member
you wont get it for free. nothings free, you invited nice people to the thread only, is this because you knew how outragious your request was? anyways, think of it like this

finished pep helm
-Cardstock 15$
-Resin 10$
-fiber glass 7$
-bondo 15$
-paint 10$
-visor 25$
-shipping 10$

50+ solid work hours at minimum wage its approx 300$

thats $392. (which would be the absolute minimum)

now, unfinished pep, just paper, fiberglass and resin.
-paper 15$
-resin 10$
-fiberglass 6$

10-15 hours of work = 78$

total is $110

Armor making is not cheap, dont fool yourself into thinking that it is.

-X
 

Agenator

New Member
Okay, in all fairness its really easy to do this stuff, im 2 years older than u (14) and have started on my helm on sunday. If you know what your doing (ie can fold and use a glue gun) then you can do the basic helm part then you might want to ask someone to help you resing bondo fibreglass paint. Anyway, the part that I got tripped up on was folding, I though you where supposed to fold it all the way, not ture, fold it just enough to get in loose so that when you glue the parts together you can make adjustments to the folding as you go. Maybe this project is time consuming but the essential process is really easy. You should get a group of your firends together and try and work on it as a team, could help you out. Also If you think that cutting all 21+ pieces out is a daunting task, then just do it a little at a time :p I finished cutting in like 2 hrs. by simply doing it while watching TV. Tonight I finished folding in antoher 2 hrs. Just turn on the TV or some tunes and happy folding/cutting... Anyway I think you can do this if you have the time on your hands. If you need help just go ahead and ask and u can always pm me wit questions so that way we both learn... I admit it ima noob at this stuff but you can't just quit on your first try, u gotta keep at it. Hey even if it looks crappy $10 says that youll be the only person on your block with hand made halo armor. THATS FRICKIN SWEET DUDE...
 

timmins

New Member
Agenator said:
Okay, in all fairness its really easy to do this stuff, im 2 years older than u (14) and have started on my helm on sunday. If you know what your doing (ie can fold and use a glue gun) then you can do the basic helm part then you might want to ask someone to help you resing bondo fibreglass paint. Anyway, the part that I got tripped up on was folding, I though you where supposed to fold it all the way, not ture, fold it just enough to get in loose so that when you glue the parts together you can make adjustments to the folding as you go. Maybe this project is time consuming but the essential process is really easy. You should get a group of your firends together and try and work on it as a team, could help you out. Also If you think that cutting all 21+ pieces out is a daunting task, then just do it a little at a time :p I finished cutting in like 2 hrs. by simply doing it while watching TV. Tonight I finished folding in antoher 2 hrs. Just turn on the TV or some tunes and happy folding/cutting... Anyway I think you can do this if you have the time on your hands. If you need help just go ahead and ask and u can always pm me wit questions so that way we both learn... I admit it ima noob at this stuff but you can't just quit on your first try, u gotta keep at it. Hey even if it looks crappy $10 says that youll be the only person on your block with hand made halo armor. THATS FRICKIN SWEET DUDE...

make that my country i live in nz and trust me it took me like 2 weeks to find this site
 
Last edited by a moderator:

helios

Member
timmins said:
make that my country i live in nz and trust me it took me like 2 weeks to find this site
not for long! I'm gonna beat you to it!!! hopefully. i just need more duct tape...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

grid 187

Member
timmins said:
is any one nice enought to send me the armour made out of paper
see, im only twelve and ive tried to do it b4 but it didnt wok out it would be much apreicated
thanks(pm me)
Don't give up sweetie there is alot of people that put alot of effort into their own designs, its pretty much like trail and error for most of us!! But like all great things, they must start somewhere so keep checking back every now and again something is bound to spark your creative mojo if it hasn't already hun!!!! (y) (y) :love:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
I have a full sized 7 foot tall man's mc helmet done.

No i wont send it for free, the size of it would require a huge box to protect it. and even that, I doubt if you cant even make a helmet, you couldnt finish one, making the helmet is the easy part, then comes resin, fiberglassing, and painting.
 

clownpuncher

Jr Member
i think that you should just take ur time on da stuff b/c im 13 and i still made the helmet outta paper and im almost done with everything and it looks preety good
 

MysticLegend

Jr Member
Indeed....you gotta do it yourself. That's half the fun anyway, is learning how and making it your own creation. If someone sent it to you, you'd just give up and ask again when you wanted another project.....

"Teach a man to fish...."
 

ojrtega

Member
Xavier said:
you wont get it for free. nothings free, you invited nice people to the thread only, is this because you knew how outragious your request was? anyways, think of it like this

finished pep helm
-Cardstock 15$
-Resin 10$
-fiber glass 7$
-bondo 15$
-paint 10$
-visor 25$
-shipping 10$

50+ solid work hours at minimum wage its approx 300$

thats $392. (which would be the absolute minimum)

now, unfinished pep, just paper, fiberglass and resin.
-paper 15$
-resin 10$
-fiberglass 6$

10-15 hours of work = 78$

total is $110

Armor making is not cheap, dont fool yourself into thinking that it is.

-X
actually its pretty cheap u exagerated on a few things

but almost right

i made my whole suit only wasting about 30-40 bucks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top