Noble 4 Emile 3D printed build (getting pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else weird like me and like to watch their prints from work?...or the other room? Lol. Not octo print. Just a wifi cam to see it do it’s thing.
48BFC2BD-4AEE-40B0-BF29-8FB0A9C228D1.jpeg

That cameo worth the money?
I originally got it for pep work, and it worked really well. Then I got a printer. But it’s a great machine. Used it for stuff for my wedding, decals for people’s cars, iron on t-shirt stuff. So for crafts, stickers, decals etc. Gonna use it for all my stencils for painting.
so for me, yes.

I originally got it for pep work, and it worked really well. Then I got a printer. But it’s a great machine. Used it for stuff for my wedding, decals for people’s cars, iron on t-shirt stuff. So for crafts, stickers, decals etc. Gonna use it for all my stencils for painting.
so for me, yes.

Thanks for the input!

Alright! Manages to get some spare time and get the two run pieces printed. Taped em onto the shoulder/chest cross section I have goin on...and it fits! Hell yeah! Little more motivation is back haha.

Also, if anyone is rocking an Ender 3, get the SKR mini board. It’s like $20-40 (depending on your currency) and it really opens up your possibilities with your firmware. Spots for BLtouch etc. Also make your steppers silent! I mean silent. No more vreeeee vreeee vreeee!

I’m back!....again. Seems to be a pattern emerging here.

Anyways! I have shifted a bit from Emile to standard Reach Spartan. The helm (in particular the lens) is just so daunting that it turns me off it periodically. That and printing an entire chest plate that didn’t fit :/. But now that I have the chest printed in the right size, I’m back in the swing of things. A second printer speeds things up a bit...now just to get the quieter mobo for it like the first haha.

MoeSizzlac drew me up a great HAZOP helmet I have printed. I’m now priming/sanding/priming/sanding stage etc. Thinking one done part will urge me forward. Might even paint it...but then a new colour scheme would be needed. Probably leave in a nice primer.
With the chest in mind, does anyone have a good tutorial for making it wearable? I mean having it clam shell must be needed. Reach Armour doesn’t seem to have the seam on the shoulders the same way say a Chief armour does to hide the hinges or buckles.

Anyone else weird like me and like to watch their prints from work?...or the other room? Lol. Not octo print. Just a wifi cam to see it do it’s thing.
View attachment 284688
yep im weird then because i do that to people at work ask what im looking at i tell them my printer running at home.. i always get the typical eye roll and they walk away lol

here is where I am at with the helm. Bondo stage 3 (glazing putty) is amazing. A thin layer really helps smooth things out. After some detail filing (around the ears in particular), a few grits of sandpaper, another layer of primer and it should be good to go. My local Canadian Tire ran out of filler primer...so I’m on hold till I get to the other one haha.

the back, under the ears isn’t attached yet, so it’s not just a big seam lol

I’m also printing the visor/lens accessory think it’s going to look slick.
94C521C6-98BC-44BA-9F77-0AB475367359.jpeg

here is where I am at with the helm. Bondo stage 3 (glazing putty) is amazing. A thin layer really helps smooth things out. After some detail filing (around the ears in particular), a few grits of sandpaper, another layer of primer and it should be good to go. My local Canadian Tire ran out of filler primer...so I’m on hold till I get to the other one haha.

the back, under the ears isn’t attached yet, so it’s not just a big seam lol

I’m also printing the visor/lens accessory think it’s going to look slick.View attachment 299244

Looks terrific!

The only gripe I have about modeling details is that I think after a certain point, there is a law of diminishing returns. Like, the more detail that goes in, the less likely the user will see it.

Take the rivets for example. It would probably stand out more if you added your own small screws rather than printing out the ones attached to the helmet.

Still, looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing the pic.

MoeSizzlac is this how the accessory is supposed to attach? I assumed it would touch all around. My tolerances are ‘ok’, but even so, this seems a bit far. It seems to sit where designed though,l. The little notches that go in the...temple divots? They fit perfect from what I can see.
7C80E947-AF30-42BF-ADA4-3FAEDB3BBD16.jpeg

Looks like the model. I figure you can either glue or magnetize from the front.

I think the gap looks a bit much now seeing it in the picture. I may be able to make it smaller (close the gap) if you like. It's just weird that this was the size relationship to the model that they used in the game.

Edit: Here, try this file.

Attachments

• MoeSizzlac - Halo Reach - HAZOP Helmet - Lense Add On.zip
    2 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
It is on the print bed. I’ll let you know in about 10 hours haha.

it could be a bit of the game using textures to hide things, and my printers tolerances. I feel it does stand off a bit in the game, but not quite this much haha.

I’ll likely bury some magnets behind the forehead of the helmet and drill some into the add on itself. If I get ambitious I’ll add coloured lenses and LEDs to the lenses.

im thinking I’ll have to mag the back bottom piece as well. Otherwise I won’t get into it haha. Maybe some strapping on the top connection and magnets on the bottom? Like a hinge trap door sort of thing?

many fellow Canucks got a link to some PETG sheets I can use? And the materials to spray it chrome?
I snag my PETG from Industrial Plastics and Paint but I don't think they exist as far out east as you are unfortunately. Finding a plastics through a sign or boat repair shop is usually a pretty safe bet though.

Sunward Hobbies (Ontario based) is where I order Alclad II Chrome from which is the spray I use for adding a one way mirror to visors so at least shipping will be cheap!

Sunward Hobbies (Ontario based) is where I order Alclad II Chrome from which is the spray I use for adding a one way mirror to visors so at least shipping will be cheap!
How well does that stuff work? I'm starting to gather a lot of the stuff I need for my build, and I've been wondering how to make a properly shiny ODST visor.

How well does that stuff work? I'm starting to gather a lot of the stuff I need for my build, and I've been wondering how to make a properly shiny ODST visor.
As long as you follow the instructions for air pressure, distance and coats it's really good. Source, the Daisy-023 visor.
IMG_20190624_172640_339.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back