Noble 4 Emile 3D printed build (getting pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! So I’ve been welding things together between meetings and finally have a full chest piece! It’s a little thicker (front to back) than I planned, but I’m ok with it! After I add the ‘sleeves’ it should look good. Very Jorge-esc.

the front needs to be re-aligned on some seams, which is good since it’s only ‘tac welded’ with the solder iron in a few spots. and of course the primer will cover the rainbow effect haha. The helmet is a few colours too, after the primer and Bondo you would never know.
Gonna try and get a pic with a bunch of the armour on...should be pretty fun!
78595258-0B24-4B07-97F9-4429F11D837C.jpeg
BCA88CB1-013D-4FF8-AD75-D57EF1C6FA5D.jpeg
A022C1A1-7DF8-44F6-A990-1E5253053CBD.jpeg

Sand sand primer. Bondo sand primer. Sand sand Bondo. It never ends!

May least you guys will have a non-rainbow suit up soon. At least some parts...why not, feels good to have the chest almost done.

still need to figure out how to wear it...I’ll be adding sleeves and might take the inside edge off the neck and add foam. But it will need to clamshell somehow...

MoeSizzlac i was going to try and add your Hard Case to the thigh...is it specific to the Cat file? i cant see it in any of your other collections.
that and the Breacher collar...i think that would fit well with the beefy chest piece.

Testing out Vanity a bit. here is a mock-up of what i already have printed from Emile with the new Helmet. only things 'added' are the Breacher neck and the Hard case thigh. thoughts?

OK, so i am thinking a little on colour now. I don't want to use the standard Red/Blue etc. not that they aren't amazing suits...just want something different :)
what do you guys think of 'Rust' with a lighter accent...like silver? or light grey really. and i was thinking of doing a light (white maybe) stripe right down the center of the helmet, on that ridge. kinda like a Sargent for Space Marines if you know Warhammer 40k at all haha.

only things left to print are:
spine
one shin...right? maybe left.
hand plates
one boot
....any extras i add :/

Vanity_637413826078323912.png

Color scheme is gonna be a pretty personal choice. What you've got isn't something I'd pick, but it doesn't look bad. Play around with different ideas until you've got something you really like.

Vanity's colors aren't 100% accurate either. Try messing around with colors in Reach if you can! Good goin so far though!

Vanity's colors aren't 100% accurate either. Try messing around with colors in Reach if you can! Good goin so far though!
Hmmm. Not sure I have reach installed, and I certainly haven’t unlocked all my required ‘swag’ lol.

so I think the suggestion is to do both, play with the colors in Reach because they're more story accurate and will give you solid ideas, and then jump over to Vanity because that will give you more paint job options that you can't do in Reach and you don't have to worry about that pesky unlocking bit. If nothing else, if you make a decision, put paint on the armor, and decide you hate it, you can repaint! Try something in green, just for giggles, and then go back to your rust idea. You'd be surprised how looking at something different can get ideas flowing.

MoeSizzlac i was going to try and add your Hard Case to the thigh...is it specific to the Cat file? i cant see it in any of your other collections.
that and the Breacher collar...i think that would fit well with the beefy chest piece.

Testing out Vanity a bit. here is a mock-up of what i already have printed from Emile with the new Helmet. only things 'added' are the Breacher neck and the Hard case thigh. thoughts?

OK, so i am thinking a little on colour now. I don't want to use the standard Red/Blue etc. not that they aren't amazing suits...just want something different :)
what do you guys think of 'Rust' with a lighter accent...like silver? or light grey really. and i was thinking of doing a light (white maybe) stripe right down the center of the helmet, on that ridge. kinda like a Sargent for Space Marines if you know Warhammer 40k at all haha.

only things left to print are:
spine
one shin...right? maybe left.
hand plates
one boot
....any extras i add :/

View attachment 299517
I made the hard case moulded to Kat's thigh but I'm pretty sure the thigh armors were standard across reach.

I made the hard case moulded to Kat's thigh but I'm pretty sure the thigh armors were standard across reach.
You but I just checked in Armorsmith, and the Kat leg isn’t the same dimension as the Carter leg :/
Scaling them to the same measurements doesn’t seem to line up quite either. Is the scale based on the physical part? Or some imaginary box around it? They seem to be different sizes, even at the same height in mm.

You but I just checked in Armorsmith, and the Kat leg isn’t the same dimension as the Carter leg :/
Scaling them to the same measurements doesn’t seem to line up quite either. Is the scale based on the physical part? Or some imaginary box around it? They seem to be different sizes, even at the same height in mm.
2 Questions,

1) Are you definitely using the carter leg?
2) are you ok with the hard pack default size?

2 Questions,

1) Are you definitely using the carter leg?
2) are you ok with the hard pack default size?
1) yes, the Carter 'additional movement' thigh piece.
2) haha not too sure what size the default is. so...maybe? never really cosplayed yet, so i dont know what to keep on my person. phone seems like a good one. i have an iPhone 11, so as long as that could fit im sure its fine.

1) yes, the Carter 'additional movement' thigh piece.
2) haha not too sure what size the default is. so...maybe? never really cosplayed yet, so i dont know what to keep on my person. phone seems like a good one. i have an iPhone 11, so as long as that could fit im sure its fine.
Here, this should fit.

Attachments

• MoeSizzlac - Carter - Hard Pack - Left Thigh.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 136
just came across your thread, looking great so far! it's nice to see some more "local" folks work on some great projects like this!

Where about dare you located? Haven’t found anyone from Ottawa yet.
I put "local" in quotation because its in reasonable driving distance. Im from Montréal but i usualy cover a fair amount of ground when it comes to cons, namingly montreal, Ottawa and i wanted to go to quebec comic con this year but... Yeah. All in all, we have good chances to come across each other in a future con!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back