Noble six build - no bondo. Doing one piece per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth-on's polyurethane seems like the best way to go about making the armor with non-toxic materials in mind. I really like how you're going about this challenge, and I can't wait to see how it turns out, best of luck!

Sorry, I know it has been two days since I started building the helmet, but I didnt like the size. The default seemed too big sooooooo.... I scaled it down 1 inch!
IMG_1342.jpg

the top looks like its warped and the brim looks uneven, but its just the perspective.

Your pep looks pretty good, really interested in seeing it all painted up. (So I can decide if I want to rush through a suit for release this way... :D )

Ok, well I hardened it and painted on my grey and black base coats so all that is left is the weathering. Let me just say that this helmet looks great even without weathering.

@trooper glad to know I'm not the only one who wasted 7 hours on an extra big helmet!

@chiefwannabe I think that when you come into this community that people say, you have to do it this way or you have to do it that way. Bondo is one of those things that people automatically label as a requirment, when it's really not on the masterchief armor. I realize that bondo can make a piece look nicer and it is usually required on parts like iron man, but I think when you see my results of a bondo-less helmet, you will change your mind

@Flyerfye I'm not rushing anything at all. Like I said above, when noobs come here, they read the stickies and think that bondo is a requirement and that it will greatly help your piece. That's true, but on the other hand that doesn't mean that you won't have a kickass suit if armor that looks and photographs great when you are done. I'm here to show just what I can do without the help of bondo.

@cjsuner when I first came here, I had no idea how to scale. I had pepakura viewer. It took me a a day to realize I needed pepakura designer to scale pieces. You don't have to get a password, just download and install the program. Once you get it go to (im doing this from memory so bear with me) 2d menu, change scale, scale factor. One inch is equal to 25 mm so subtract that from the numer currently in height, and you're good to go! There are no stupid questions.

Ha. Working on my first suit, and just finished the pep for a mark VI hand plate. Turns out it's twice as big as I would like, so thanks for the scaling help. Also, this suit is going bondoless thanks to the info here. Keep up the good work Charlieiscool12!

I never said you were rushing, I was implying that it's a much faster method than smoothing with bondo, and that I could potentially finish a suit for release (a goal I previously considered not worth attempting). I was skeptical at first about your techniques (as I'm sure you could guess by my first few posts in here), but this is really looking promising.

Alright I'm about to start doing weathering so I figure Ill so you it before.
IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

And yes, the star wars force trainer works really well as a helmet stand :)

@possum I wouldn't suggest going bondoless on the mark VI helmet.... its meant to be really smooth. but the rest of the armor can be bondoless.

@flyerfye ah, sorry. I thought you were implying that I was not using bondo because of a shortage of time.... Glad to see I have a supporter on this

@cjsuner no problem :)

@anjose see this is what I mean. You just joined this forum this month and you have already been brainwashed by the stickies! when youre building armor, its not up to the stickies to decide how you do it... its up to you.

Awesome job and I totally agree about bondo not being necessary. Yes it really smooths a piece out but it isn't really needed if you're going for a battle worn look.

And I see you scaled your shoulder piece the same size as mine. :p

Edit: Or was it I who scaled if the same as you? We shall never know...

Oh yeah. OH YEAH. I'd say that's definitely good enough to wear already. And you're adding weathering, you say? Major kudos to you for doing something new, and pulling it off so well.

Also, extra bonus points for using the tube from the Star Wars Force Trainer as a helmet stand.

alright. here is the picture of all the completed pieces so far.

finishedhelm1.jpg

finishedhelm.jpg

Im ordering a visor off ebay right now. what color is noble six's visor? some pictures looks silver and some look gold!?!?!?

The thigh look very nice.
But one the helmet I think you need to smooth it a bit it look strange ^^'.
The visor Is a silver/glod I think. Not really gold like MC but not silver

Wow, that looks really Good! I am a noob as well and it helps to see people realize that when you make stuff like this it counts to make it some what personal. I'm from a 4x4 background and the best Trucks I've seen are ones that are different. Thanks for bringing this form of creation to my attention. I might have to try this with my MKV armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back