Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pepakura file was released last week or so. You can find it on Forged Reclaimers pepakura page. As far as when the biceps will be completed, probably may or june.

Well, I went into the city last week and dropped some serious coin on materials. You don't want to know how much. Trust me. Anyway, I got some molding done. I did up a box mold of the spine protector area and it turned out fantastic. On test fitting it with the torso I was quite pleased with how well it meshed and fit. It's perfect. There was one of the small details that shifted under the rubber, but ces las vie. So here are some pics:
2fffc734.jpg

253327f0.jpg

4863aecf.jpg

55f3e678.jpg

d18cabc2.jpg

This is cast with flexfoamit25 and so strong tint. I went heavy on the die, it slightly alters the properties of the foam. It makes it a little softer while maintaining the skin. I will try cold casting next.

I'm going to have to make one of these, only it will be a wrap around and attach to the under suit or I'll do what you did.
I like it :)

Also, Do not drink a Sun Drop soda after 5:00pm .

The plan is to sculpt the rest of the undersuit for the torso area and have this act as a cover for the zipper where it joins. In the picture I trimmed off the excess where it expanded past the mold before removing it. It is easier to remove before demolding because the part is thin and flexible. This keeps it uniform and made it a lot easier to trim. I am extremely happy with the results. I will try and paint it up so you can see the details a bit better.

The plan is to sculpt the rest of the undersuit for the torso area and have this act as a cover for the zipper where it joins. In the picture I trimmed off the excess where it expanded past the mold before removing it. It is easier to remove before demolding because the part is thin and flexible. This keeps it uniform and made it a lot easier to trim. I am extremely happy with the results. I will try and paint it up so you can see the details a bit better.

Ah, that's a really good Idea, and now I have some Ideas. -Muhahhahah........haha.

Are you going to Permanently attach it to the back of the chest and put Velcro on the underside of the piece, and on the under suit's back to keep it from flapping about?

i am superbly jealous of that right there. looking fantastic. my plan was to make the undersuit with some sort of fabric and then stuff it with large soft foam chunks for the details. but now im probably just going to do it out of the regular ol' stuff and have it velcroed to the spine protector, belt, and bottom of the chest

Thank you for the compliments. I will be attaching it to the other part of the undersuit. The bottom will attach to the butt plate and the top to the torso, that way it will stay in place and move with me as well. So I decided to try sculptin something more 3 dimensional today. I started by wrapping my forearm with tape making a makeshift forearm dummy. Then I layed clay over it about a half inch thick. Then I began to layer clay on top and square it up to start to get the shape right. Using a straight edge and ruler I began to square things up and work on symmetry. Once I was happy with the base shape I began to mark out the details. Using mostly rakes I cut in the details. I still need to do the raised details on the sides, I will probably use sintra for those. Also need to do the cut lines on the back/top of the sides and the raised detail on the very back top. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to finish. Only took about 7 hours to get this far. I have found it to be much easier than I thought, but many thanks for that go to bluerealm and troubleis1983 for that. Between them I picked up mist of the tips for getting things smooth and even. So here are some pics of the work so far.
ed3eef7e.jpg

0783728f.jpg

So the work is coming along slowly. It looks much better in person. I am pretty happy with it.

the spine looks great and so does the forearm so far. cant wait to see it finished. Ill have acouple of updates this sunday i have a 3 day weekend coming up so ill have some time to work on my stuff more

Got some more work done this morning. I felt like the back was too thin and didn't flare like it was supposed to, so I built up the back a bit, you can see te comparison in the first shot. I spent a while fairing and smoothing then sketched out the lines for the raised detail. On that is done I will do the cut in details.
7daebcba.jpg

fa0c467c.jpg

1324f28e.jpg

3af56797.jpg

Looks like it's a double post since no one posted on the last update. It's all done, with the exception of the screw/rivet details, which I am leaving until the transition mold is done. I am really happy with how it turned out. The white details are made using 2mm sintra. I took pics through the various stages of later progress, from sketching out the cut lines to fairing out the side plate details, to the recesses to the sintra details and the final cut lines. I have it sitting on a can of rockstar right now debating whether to start the silicon tonight. Anywhere, for those of you interested, here are some more progress pics.

The faired plates
8c0767de.jpg

The side sintra details and recesses at the rear 3/4
2bde7860.jpg

Starting the last of the cut lines
31cb8e98.jpg

The mostly finished product
3958e60c.jpg

It is really smooth and even all over. I had to tweak a lot of spots and although there doesn't look like much of a difference between the pictures there was a lot of work that went into getting it to this point. But for my first 3d sculpt I am pretty stinking happy with the final product. This will be the final for the forearm. Well, with the exception of some minor cleanup in the transition stage just to get everything absolutely smooth and the final details. Hoped you like it!

Impressive. That's one thing I could never do very well, and that is getting staright line with clay.

The rubber is all done with the exception of the keys. The print layer looks like it went on well, with no bubbles. I will do the shell tomorrow if I can.
Layer 1
aff5ec2b.jpg

Layer 2
06f627dc.jpg

Layer 3
4a260988.jpg

Last layer with thi-vex
da1d5e05.jpg

The first three layers were about 4 oz each, maybe a little less, and the thi vex layer was about 7 oz.

looking pretty awesome so far brandon, i think im going to redo my chest what scale did you build chest at? i figure mine should be about the same. ive also got a small update and ill have pics tomorrow. I have finished pepping he BFG and got the front two parts harden and will be filling it with expanding foam the back two will be harden today, ive also got a little over half of the jetpack pepped and hope to have it done today also

One day I need to try doing some clay. You make it look so easy but, I know it not. Waiting on that cast, bet it's going to look great.

For the chest I used the default scale, which should work perfect for you. I'm thinking maybe I should have gone 10% bigger. But I will finish this one and see how it goes. I had planned on doing the mothermold to today but it turns out that I am out of tin foil and I have to make the three and a half hour drive into the city to pick up more release agent and some micro balloons.

ohok, it sucks u live so far out there is no way i could live alone like that. also let me know when youll be stae side and ill send that foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back