Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the secound post..

here is the shell of the jet pack almost finished pepped
5565198444_9d62c304f7_z.jpg

And here is the beast. this has taken me a long time to get this far
5565197398_c795cbef56_z.jpg

here is a shot of the bak peice i carved out of foam before it was covered with the cloth. i was gonna post one with it covered but you couldnt see the details.
5564701143_e5f341eb22.jpg

here is the templet i drew up as a base for the back
5564702943_a93d8c5d44_z.jpg

some seriously cool work going on in this thread.

needless to say - I'm particularly pleased to see some work on the jetpack!

ham_porter_display_image.jpg

You're killin' me smalls!!
I cannot wait! Will you be doing a run of the DMR by any chance? It'd complete my ODST...
BTW, whats the mold made of? I've never seen purple silicone before...

what do you think of my foam thigh brandon i tried to get it as close to the orignal as possible.oh i also finished the shell of the jetpack. Also i will never understand why i can post some very big work and yet i seem to be over looked on this site, i have to say that if it was not for a few great members i would just stop posting my updates

Wow, ka5p3r, I cannot believe that I missed your big gun! Jorge's gun is looking incredible! I've never seen anything like it! Jaw dropping!

Why don't you start your own thread? I think your stuff definitely deserves it's own thread. That way, more people would catch it! Just a suggestion, if you want more feedback.
I like your jetpack too!

Kasper you know I think your stuff is great. It looks like you did a spot on job with the thighs. And the bfg looks wonderful. No warping and it's stinking huge. You will look wicked with that thing in the parade. And to sir tsaboc, well, feast your eyes on this:

0bf081ea.jpg

This is not posting a run, I will do one in the very near future. If you have any question on that particular subject feel free to send me a pm. Hope you enjoy!

Oh, and kasper, tackling that jetpack is wicked. Just the shear volume of pep blew me away.

well this thread was created to show mine and brandons builds as well as a couple other members who are apart of our noble team, thats why i just post updates here for all my work....

Brandon: yea the gun has turned out great so far, its about 10 to 15 pounds id say at the moment and thats with out it being completly harden, With the jet pack i think the shell and inner support where 30 pages and now im printing out all the details i hope to have done in the next two weeks and thats all 40 pages, also i will start peping the new chest peice also this week

I will take pics of the mold library for this tomorrow when it's light out. You will be surprised I think. Oh, and the purple rubber is oomoo. Not my preference after having tried it, it has a low tear strength. You have to be VERY careful with demolding. Rebound 25 is much much better.

That's some beastly stuff, Ka5p3r, the jet pack and Mr. Gun is amazing. Is the machine gun a .50 in Reach? I was under the impression that it was a .308 NATO, not that it really matters, kinda curious for it's sheer size.

Brandon, words fail me...

@ thorn- glad you like our progress so far. That bfg is sweet isnt it!

Also sweet is this:
d3df9539.jpg

There is something like $1800 in materials on that table. Yikes I know!

The molds for tactonyx:
39c33709.jpg

And the ones im holding on to:
c36779d3.jpg

Oh, and the purple rubber is oomoo. Not my preference after having tried it, it has a low tear strength. You have to be VERY careful with demolding. Rebound 25 is much much better.

I recommend trying the new "MoldStar" silicone - I used it for the Hammer moulds that had to be redone and I was quite pleased. Much more "pourable" than the Rebound and much more tear-resistant than then the Oomoo. I think that it will be my go-to silicone for poured moulds from here on out...

Those DMR's (and the moulds) look absolutely fantastic, guys! Outstanding work!!!

I thought about the mold star, but it has a shore hardness of 15 and I was looking for something stiffer. The 25 of the rebound was what I was looking for. But the lower viscosity of the 15 makes it appealing for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back