Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon McClain said:
Final Edit:

Reach helm is all done!! With that, all of Rundowns files are done!!! And here it is!!!

I may do them all in a .rar file later.

All of the unfolds have been updated in the OP

Hey the link is working but the file is not unfolded when I download it. Either something is wrong on my end or you loaded the wrong file or something else I don't know about. Just thought I would let you know.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that and reloaded the files after a couple hours. If you downloaded it within the first couple hours it was up you should be able to just redownload it and it should be fixed. I will check and see if there is still a problem.

Edit: Fixed the helmet link. I had fixed it in the zip file, but not the singular post. All the links are fixed now!

Really amazing work on these. Quick question.

At default size, are these files roughly the same size as the Halo 3 files? Or are they smaller?

For the unfolds, I went with what should work for a 5'10" person, and the chest I did the same size as the previous MrOreo unfold. I figured it was time for an update! So Kasper got the gauntlet all sculpted, and I sent him some Dragon Skin so he could do a transition mold. It came out pretty fantastic! I got it in the mail today, along with a beautiful package from Smooth On! I got some Rebound and some Flex Foam! So I will be starting the clean up today, and with any luck with have it smoothed and the glove mold done today! Then the mother mold and the first pull tomorrow. So far I have reinforced the pull with some more resin and laid out the lines that I want to clean up. Kasper did a great job with the gauntlet. He also has the BFG mostly pepped and is resining tonight. So here are some pics of the great work Kasper has done:

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

Hope y'all like it! I know I am excited to get this done and give the flex foam a shot!!

Well, got the part all smoothed out yesterday. Had to ream the screw details, but when the gauntlets are made available, screws will be included so the detail will still be achieved. I did the glove mold with Rebound 25, it took all of a trial size of rebound to do. It took a lot longer to do the glove mold with the rebound, the cure time is a lot longer than Dragon Skin 10 Fast, it took about 6 hours to do the glove mold. Got the mother mold done today. Its a two part clam shell mold done in fiberglass. Casts will be done in Smooth Cast 320 and Flex foam. Here are the pics:

Print layer:

IMG_0653.jpg

Glove mold with the dividing wall

IMG_0654.jpg

Mold and pulls

IMG_0655.jpg

Original with pulls in Smooth Cast 320 and Flex Foam X

IMG_0656.jpg

Pulls are available here. Enjoy!!

At the request of Brandon, I'm posting up an add-on feature I'm working on for my personal REACH helmet. Thanks to Brandon for an awesome helmet to work with.

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

It's a rough draft build, made from 3mm PVC hard foamcard that can be shaped when heated. It's a separate piece of course, to test fit for sizing, angles, etc and I know the shape is too straight and the size a little on the wider side but I think I finally got the correct measurements worked out. I'm in the midst of drawing out the new shaped pieces, and will be cutting it and assembling them once it's good to go. Will have some more pics up soon on the more accurate piece.

That said, I might be bondoing the whole 'NVG style Mount' set up and use it as is, or maybe molding it, and have the fresh one piece cast secured to the top of the helmet, I don't know. But I do know it will fit the helm perfectly. :) Hope you like the addition.

Stay safe,

Tim.

P.S. I'm a Mac user so this was created using 3 screencaps, Brandon's REACH helmet for a base, pencil and a ruler. :) No PEP here.

In game it looks like a rangefinder (to me anyway). It would be sweet if you could get it to flip down over the visor. That would be awesome.

Just a small update, painted up one of the forearms. I will probably redo the paint, there are a couple little areas I want to tweak, but this is the basic paint scheme for now. Oh, and Smooth on releases a new Flex Foam, Flex Foam 17, so I will probably be using that from now on. It is more dense than the X and it is still mixable by volume, albeit in a 2:1 ratio. Oh, and I took a pic of it on my arm, it is the perfect length, from just at the wrist to about a half inch from my elbow. Enjoy!

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0657-1.jpg

Unfolded the Assault/Scout Ab plate ad on modeled by Chevysrule. You can find it here. Enjoy!

Edit:

Also unfold the Carter shoulder by Zabicvamic. You can check it out here. Now off to bed!

Brandon McClain said:
Unfolded the Assault/Scout Ab plate ad on modeled by Chevysrule. You can find it here. Enjoy!

Edit:

Also unfold the Carter shoulder by Zabicvamic. You can check it out here. Now off to bed

hey havent posted here in a wail and just thiugh id say that every one here is doing a great job.

brandon- great job on the for arm and keep up with toyr great work

Hey everyone,

I have gotten to work on the SRS99-D Anti Material Sniper Rifle. I managed to draft a scaled blueprint out and began work on the lower receiver.

007.jpg

Its not much right now, but it’s a start.

Tell me what you think!

This thread is full of win. I love that forearm piece above. Is it comfortable? It looks kinda "scratchy" inside.

The forearms are crazy comfy! I love them. You forget you are wearing them after a minute or two. Flex foam is most definitely the way to go!

Brandon McClain said:
The forearms are crazy comfy! I love them. You forget you are wearing them after a minute or two. Flex foam is most definitely the way to go!

I was actually hoping to get some info on how you're casting the Flex Foam. Are you rotocasting, and trimming away any excess on the inside? Or maybe casting the entire piece as a solid and boring out space for the arm? I had given some thought to making some 3-4 piece molds that one could just pour the Flex Foam into, and once cured, just trim off the 'overflow' and you'd be left with a ready-to-paint piece. It would make the mold making process a bit longer, but could be worth it if you were pumping out a ton of pieces.

I roto cast the flex foam, it has a really short pot life (50 seconds) and a fast demold time. So the parts don't take very long. The only problem is that you need to leave the part in the mold until it is completely cured, otherwise the skin it develops can peel off. Learned that the hard way with the first pull. But you can pour the whole thing and then let expand to volume, cutting off the excess, but if you will be hollowing the part, its just a waste of foam, and its not cheap stuff! I would recommend roto casting. You only need to watch the part for 5 minutes so that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back