Noble VI Foam & Pepakura PIC HEAVY WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid 6. some pieces, bicep in particular are a pain in the ass and I imagine, alot easier left to fiberglassing. Its a give and take, im sure there are plenty of advantages to both foam and fiberglass. After trying foam however, im gonna stick with it.

Progress on DMR

Got some work on the DMR done, happy with how its coming along.

WP_0000122.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000152.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_000009.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000082.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000012.jpg
[/IMG]

;)

Thoroughly amazed at the detail you've gone into while working on your armor. Nicely done dude.

Oh, and nice desktop photo. xD

LOL everybody likes my wallpaper, must be a good one, haha.
Thanks for the compliment, Ive been slacking lately, havent had much to post. Hopefully Ill have a substantial update this weekend, if I can only pull myself away from CE/Reach multiplayer... lol
Thanks again!

your build is looking great i would like to recommend using GothX Reach CQB V2 best reach CQB i have worked on yet. i'll be watch this for sure keep up the good work.

@IRONBLOODEDCROW thanks for the advice, my helmet was a bit too small so I need to pep another one, now that Im finally out of the cold weather season, ill be starting back up soon. I took a look at your build (looking good btw) and I do prefer that helmet, Ill have to use that one.

No way! Update?!!

Hey 405th its been a while, but the sun is finally back out in Washington (for the moment it always proves to be short lived) so I am finally coming out of dormancy! LOL. Well I have a small update for you guys on the armor which I will once again be diligently working on from now untill finish. I started a new helmet (shout out @IRONBLOODEDCROW for sending/suggesting the file) since my last ended up to small, and I wasnt happy with my shoddy first-time pep work. I also wasnt completely sold on the file I used (no offense to the maker, its a great file lots of detail) I felt that it wasnt true enuf to the games helm, which is what I decided I really wanted and what ultimately lead to the change. Not tryin to toot my own horn or nuthin, but im really thrilled on my pep work for this helm, its much improved, gets me juiced for the rest of the build! However one step at a time, time for some pics!

Take Two: CQB Helm, Pep File:GothX Reach CQB V2

WP_000168.jpg

Halo%20Armor%20WIP

WP_000014-2.jpg

WP_0000192.jpg

WP_0000232.jpg

WP_0000262.jpg

WP_0000282.jpg

Comparison with the old on the right

WP_0000322.jpg

WP_0000332.jpg

WP_000594.jpg

Ready to Resin!!!!
Will update when more substantial progress has been made on hardenin the helm, enjoy!:cool

DUDE!! your freaking amazing! great job on the armor so far! I'm really looking forward to seeing this done!

Helmet Step 2 First Resin Layer

Hey 405th, small update tonight. I put the finishing touches on my helm, gluing on the three nobs on top and some minor edging, and started to resin the helm. Since this is my first time dealing wit the stuff Im taking it slow and safe. <sigh> frustrating that Im not the most patient person, I just wanna keep working till its done! lol im having too much fun with it. Well I only put a thin coat of resin on the bottomn half of the helm to help out with some foreseeable warping issues. If I planned it right <crossed fingers> then I can finish coating the other half without warping to much at all, and hopefully this whole patient buisness will actually pay off. Okay time for a few pics. As always, critic, comments, suggestions always helpful, thanks.

WP_0000562.jpg

My Workspace. A tiny hard to get to corner of my garage. Got the sound rocker set up, always gotta have the tunes goin

WP_0000503.jpg

Nobs were kinda funky gluing on, but it was the last step of the cursed pep process yay

WP_0000513.jpg

WP_000062.jpg

Hard to tell in the hard light, but the bottom neck part of the helm is covered in resin, very thin layer. Will attack the top side tomarrow after work and get a second coat on. Excited for progress! Will be buying the motorcycle helmet on thursday for the visor and all the padding for inside, cannot wait to finish this helm! Hurry up and dry dammit! lol

Helmet Step 4 Bondo

Hey guys, thrilled that the fiberglassing stage is over! Started the bondo stage today, and even though its a long extended process, its oddly satisfying to work on, i truely am enjoying this part of the helm. Shaping it out and watching it slowly morph from all angles and paper to rounded off helmet is really rewarding. So I started in a small area and am steadily working my way outward so I dont bite off more than i can chew and to help evenly shape out the helm.
Onto the pics

WP_0000433.jpg

WP_0000423.jpg

WP_0000453.jpg

Well thats it for now!

More Bondo work

More bondo work, i am however, getting very close to finishing this step and moving onto the spot putty and finally wet sanding. Geeked about how this is turning out, I really spent the last couple of days carving into the bondo, bringing out details that will make the helm pop, with no further ado

WP_0000513-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Details penciled in before carving.

WP_0000522.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000552.jpg
[/IMG]
My associate at work thinking he cool, lol.

WP_0000563.jpg
[/IMG]
Taping off the circle for the earhole before covering in bondo, to elevate the earhole from the helm

WP_000059.jpg
[/IMG]
After 3 thin coats of bondo

WP_000060.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_000063.jpg
[/IMG]
Rounded off the rough edges

WP_0000662.jpg
[/IMG
Finished the earhole shape and penciled in the holes to cut out

WP_0000682.jpg
[/IMG]
Holes carved out

WP_0000702.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000713.jpg
[/IMG]
This one was a little tricky doing because of the layers in the piece, three different levels of indentation. Carved to the bottom first and went from there

WP_0000773.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000763.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000753.jpg
[/IMG]

WP_0000743.jpg
[/IMG]

Until next time
Critic, suggestions and comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.