Noob Girl's Grif Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suit looks super! and Sandy must be a good friend! Haha nice helmet =P

Good choice on your gloves! Paintball gloves working perfect for the Spartan armour look =P
Keep the work! and its sad you don't have a computer.. but I dont have a iphone... so =D Think of your cup half full... :)

Anyways super suit and one last question.......... Where do you hear of Con and their dates... I live in TN-- I guess we don't have Con's around here... must be a big city/california thing... haha =P LATERS

Anyways super suit and one last question.......... Where do you hear of Con and their dates... I live in TN-- I guess we don't have Con's around here... must be a big city/california thing... haha =P LATERS

The best way to find out about local conventions is by visiting your local comicbook, gaming, or collectable store. Conventions will often ask for advertising space at such places. Big conventions on this scale tend to be mainly for major metropolis, though in Alberta there is a tiny little farming town that has a fair sized one that draws quite a few people every year, they even managed to get Lenord Nemoy himself to visit. That towns name is Vulcan.

You could have a con nearby, but don't be dissapointed if it's a little one. Calgary has a few small cons as well as the big Expo, and they are just as fun as the big one

Hmmm- Canada must be nice... if I knew the national athem I'd Type it here " "
Haha well I hope you get your suit done before then!! ( I have trouble getting off 405th to do any work myself...)

Thanks for the help though and make sure to take pictures!! Best of luck!!

Because statistically women are by default better at crafts and creative things than guys. And by that same default, apparently all women are terrible drivers.
(Inside 'joke')
Funny thing is, I'm the craftiest person in my town pretty much, but I can't drive for sh.t. I got that stereotype flipped around :D

A spring snowstorm yesterday made it too cold to resin today. However I got out to start painting. Less than two weeks to go. I'm crossing my fingers, I'm at the stage where I'm compleatly weather dependent

6928910306_941d20b9a1.jpg
photo by LoneHowler, on Flickr

hey your helm looks great always good to see another calgarian on here that knows the pain of a mid april snow storm even best of luck with your armor im working through mine in the same place same time hope you get it done intime for the expo maybe ill see you there

hey your helm looks great always good to see another calgarian on here that knows the pain of a mid april snow storm even best of luck with your armor im working through mine in the same place same time hope you get it done intime for the expo maybe ill see you there

I hope to see you there as well. It will be great to have Grif and Tucker together. Perhaps we can get enough Calgarians to be interested to get a whole Red vs Blue cast

ive been trying to get that going with some of my friends since i started my first suit i have a friend that is like church to the max its like uncanny how much of personality resmeblence there is so im gunna make him a suit so i guess we have a start

Whoot! I figured a quick fix for the boots. I was stuck trying to craft by hand the boots then wandering through a dollar store I got the idea from knee pads. Each boot is constructed from two knee pads, half a toilet plunger, and fatigue mat foam.

I plan on adding more to seal in the shoe, and using a drill to add in detail

7075328867_d06698b6a8.jpg

6929272042_e264c9c98e.jpg

Hey just took a look at your build, looks pretty nice. One thing I'm worried about are the toe caps. If your going to be doing a lot of walking in this suit those straps are probably going to wear down and they will come a loose. If you dont mind turning those shoes into a dedicated boot for only that particular armor you could use Great stuff foam and shoe glue to permanently attach those caps to the shoe. You'll never have to worry about it coming off, EVER.

Hey just took a look at your build, looks pretty nice. One thing I'm worried about are the toe caps. If your going to be doing a lot of walking in this suit those straps are probably going to wear down and they will come a loose. If you dont mind turning those shoes into a dedicated boot for only that particular armor you could use Great stuff foam and shoe glue to permanently attach those caps to the shoe. You'll never have to worry about it coming off, EVER.

These boots were a emergency make do for the con. I'm hoping they will last for three days at least. Then after the Con when I get my new comp I plan on redoing some of the low pep pieces, and making the proper pep boots

These boots were a emergency make do for the con. I'm hoping they will last for three days at least. Then after the Con when I get my new comp I plan on redoing some of the low pep pieces, and making the proper pep boots

Oh good, then you can use that method for your final boots. Ive done it with my suit, it works great! Just have to sacrifice a pair of shoes/boots.

wow big update! It all looks great, I cannot wait to see it all on once its painted and done! > also the helmet color is awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back