noob.... no explaining needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can still save this one though. It will take a bit of time and a lot of dexterity. If you start from the inside at the crown of the helmet and work your way down and around, cut the tape and glue the tabs back in place.....then when he resins it, it won't all fall apart. And as PerniciousDuke.....It's all experience. Take it from one who did the exact same thing who didn't have the experience......and ruined a perfectly good peped helmet.

You rang?

200w_d.gif

Alright boys...Fun Police is here. Pack it up and give poor Pierce his thread back. We wouldn't want important information like the fact that he CAN SAVE HIS HELMET lost in your shenanigans. Go play in the off topic area and maybe write poems about how utterly fabulous I am.

Once thing you can do is cover the tape (if it's on the inside of the helmet) with another piece of paper glued to the top of the tape. Threat will help mitigate the damage done by the resin. Thi can also try to cover the tape with high-temp hot glue; that shouldn't melt with the resin.

For the resin stage, I would most definitely not let it sit too long. Resin it, let it cure, then double check it. If there are any issues, it's best to catch them early instead of later.

Give your helmet several thin coats of resin. One thick coat is going to giveyou problems, guaranteed.

EDIT: FANGS is fabulous.

Sean Anwalt the problem w/ sealing up the tape is that the paper doesn't get infused w/ the resin. if enough sections of the helmet are not covered through and through w/ resin, it could develop in to stress points and crack. Also hot glue WILL melt scotch tape. It is after all just a think film of plastic.

See FANGS....we can teach, and still have fun......grumble....grumble......Fun police....grunt....more like a fun sponge........grumble..... grumble......

I did the thing. FANGS don't hate me.

Derailer crew, we're jumping rails hard and being nice to the CO! Pierce apologies for the disturbance, if you need help with foam, 3D printing or electronics, shoot me a message, otherwise I'll stay in the shadows and learn a thing or two about pep builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back