Noob Starting with Recon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jthavok21

Ok, so here it is. I'm new to this whole thing, I've been a hardcore halo fan for years. I own all the Soundtracks, and the Games. I've also read the first 4 books. I'm thinking it's time to fulfill my obsession with halo by making some Armor. I'm thinking of making a Mark VI suit, and a Recon helmet. I was wondering If there was anyone who could give me a list of materials to start with. I'm gonna start with the helmet first so i can try this whole thing out, and i think the Helmet would be the easiest to make. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Also a rough list of prices too. Don't go easy on me, let me hear the worst of it. Highs and lows of pricing and all of that. Thanks.

the helmet is not the easiest piece to start with. although i did not know this when i first started. actually im making a recon helmet as well as my first piece. i would recomend starting with the body armor first but thats up to you.
you need cardstock paper to start and i recomend using the hot glue method so you will need a hot glue gun and glue sticks.
then when you have cut, folded and glued it all to gether you will need to get fiberglass resin and fiberglass sheet also a few disposible brushes and latex gloves, so you can resin the outside of the piece then fiberglass the inside.
after thats all done you will put bondo on the outside, i didnt use bondo i used a wood filler but i dont know what it will turn out like so i cant recomend following my method so stick with the bondo.
lastly you need primer and paint

Sounds Easy actually, but I know it isn't going to be. So the Fiberglass sheet goes on the inside of the helmet or am i mixed up?

Would I get into Trouble if I Copied and pasted the stickies and stuff to MS word, and saved them so I can read them?

I don't see why you would get in trouble, but i dont see why you would copy the whole thing to MS Word unless you aren't going to have internet access. I suppose you could bookmark the link and then if you wanted to look at it you could just bring it up real quick

the helmet is not the easiest piece to start with. although i did not know this when i first started. actually im making a recon helmet as well as my first piece. i would recomend starting with the body armor first but thats up to you.

The chest piece is even more difficult than the helmet...
I'd suggest starting with something small and easy, like a hand piece.

So the Fiberglass sheet goes on the inside of the helmet or am i mixed up?

Yes it does.

Would I get into Trouble if I Copied and pasted the stickies and stuff to MS word, and saved them so I can read them?

No, unless you published it somewhere else under your own name or something like that.

If the above question is answeared, please notify me as well! Im very intrested to know. . As a matter of fact, my first build is a recon too. . .Annual "I can haz reconz" convention anyone? Anyway, would. . (just an enquiery :rolleyes) bondo be able to make it stand up against BBs? cause i may or may not also have plans for airsofting as well. If so, how many layers do you suggest? Thanks again, you amazing people for helping a newbie bloke like me!

If the above question is answeared, please notify me as well! Im very intrested to know. . As a matter of fact, my first build is a recon too. . .Annual "I can haz reconz" convention anyone? Anyway, would. . (just an enquiery :rolleyes) bondo be able to make it stand up against BBs? cause i may or may not also have plans for airsofting as well. If so, how many layers do you suggest? Thanks again, you amazing people for helping a newbie bloke like me!

SB, I've noticed that this is the second instance of you responding to dead threads. Make sure you check the date of the last post before responding - anything over six months is considered against the forum's rules and continued infractions could result in disciplinary action being taken.

Please bear this in mind next time you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back