NOOBS!!!! STOP ASKING & READ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

herogear

Jr Member
I'm seeing constant repeats of the same questions over & over & over... For God's sake, READ!!!!!

The posts stuck above clearly spell out just about every step & question you have, plus a whole bunch you haven't even thought of...

HOMWORK ASSIGNMENT!!!

You're on a computer, open up what ever 'notepad' program you have & set it to the side...

Now, READ all the stickies, & any other thread of interest... Read the whole thread! Not just the first or last posts... Lots of info in there...

When ever you see the info you want or need, or a neat idea, copy & paste it to your notepad.... In an hour or two you should have several pages of great stuff you can print out & have onhand throughout your creative proccess!!!

All us 'old timers' are here to help, but we can't do it effectively if we're answering the same questions over & over... ;)

& yeah, I mean old timers... I'm probably old enough to be the father of 75% of the kids here... ;)

Wolf

As we say, the Law of the Land is Lurk, Read, then Ask Questions. Adam should have new members agree to that when they join.

Good intiative but I'm afraid there will always be n00bs that are deaf to what you say. Truthfully I think we have enough "n00bs read this" posts at the moment. Don't want to scare them all away or overwhelm them.

Edit: My 1,000th post

Having people ask things that have allready been asked is a universal constant. No stickies will deter them from asking the question. Clicking that "New Topic" button is so much easier than searching and reading and of course, let us not forget that using caps will get said question answer faster. The truth simply is. Itll always be this way. Best thing you can do is just to hold your tongue, and just give them a simple answer. Nothing elaborate, and nothing complex. Just point them in the general direction, throw in a name of a stickie and then reply no more.

Xavier said:
with 24 posts you should really be talking.

Yeah, 24 posts, each one with useful content... Just because I'm 'new' here, doesn't mean I'm new. Just because I don't have 500+ " OMFG!!!! THT is SEW FRKKNG AWWWWWSUM!!!! under my belt, doesn't make my point any less valid... ;)

So.... Sadly, way to many will never get it. Sign of the times...

Guess I should be thankful... Those that can't do, buy... Those that can do, sell...

Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well put Hero.

I have 40 sumtin posts I believe (Not totally sure) and I haven't even created anything. Mine are just questions on cheaper alternatives.

least we forget, herogear made an iron man pepakura suit. IRON MAN.

i think his input in this forum is more welcome than the thousands of teenagers who constantly ask about visors and how to fold pepakura. matter of fact, ill probably be using some of his pep layouts to finish my own iron man suit (since currently it uses hockey shoulder pads and various soccer shinguards. my helmet is pretty badass though)

personally id much rather see a buncha threads similar to this one instead of the overwhelming number of "help" "what visor" "i wanna buy armor (but i only have 20 bucks)" threads. at least with a thread like this, i dont even have to waste my time checking it. the only reason i checked this one is because it was started by herogear, and like he said, he doesnt pad his post count.

Well because of the Iron man pep, he automatically passes the initiation test. First off, just because this topic has been posted before, doesn't mean it can't be brought up again. Maybe one of these days a n00b will read this and say, "Wow, after reading this, I no longer have to wear pull-ups because... I'm a big kid now." And there is such thing as padding your post count with style.

I agree with herogear. Just because we don't have a long list of posts that say ZOMG KAWAII!!! Doesn’t mean we should be ignored. I've been lurking around on this forum for a while, but my post count sure doesn't say that. So stuff it all you post count Nazis.

Being the owner of a few of my own forums - you can set the rules for "noobs" so that until they have X number of posts they can not create new topics. This would force them to either read or post in ongoing discussions. This would also eliminate the members posting as their first, second, and third post a new topic asking questions that are already either in an ongoing sticky or have been answered in the FAQ.

I suggest someone get this recommendation to Adam.

Thank you,

valdeztke said:
Being the owner of a few of my own forums - you can set the rules for "noobs" so that until they have X number of posts they can not create new topics. This would force them to either read or post in ongoing discussions. This would also eliminate the members posting as their first, second, and third post a new topic asking questions that are already either in an ongoing sticky or have been answered in the FAQ.

I suggest someone get this recommendation to Adam.
Thank you,

Thats a pretty good idea. Would definatley the number of ridiculous topics.

I agree. I have 900+ Posts and im still a nugget...I always make the ocasional stupid post on accident...like if I dont double check my spelling. I was pretty much the same as everyone else here I ALWAYS used to make usless posts which have been posted about 100times, all you have to do is read the stickies, and use the search bar, after youve done that if theres somthing you dont understand, then post!

smilie120 said:
I agree. I have 900+ Posts and im still a nugget...I always make the ocasional stupid post on accident...like if I dont double check my spelling. I was pretty much the same as everyone else here I ALWAYS used to make usless posts which have been posted about 100times, all you have to do is read the stickies, and use the search bar, after youve done that if theres somthing you dont understand, then post!

Then I suggest someone swing the idea through our God - Adam, to see what he can do to make it happen :)

The trouble with requiring minimum posting is that people make X amount of spam posts as quickly as they can just so they can start posting topics. It doesn't solve much of anything.

Ruze789 said:
The trouble with requiring minimum posting is that people make X amount of spam posts as quickly as they can just so they can start posting topics. It doesn't solve much of anything.

To be honest - a site such as this could have a moderator to screen starting topics...at least in the sections devoted to specific armor instruction. Think that would work better?

Ruze789 said:

Well most of the new people here want everything for them on a plate, they cant be botherd to do the research...I was like that...But I changed (I hope/think. Well i wasnt as bad as before)

smilie120 said:
Well most of the new people here want everything for them on a plate, they cant be botherd to do the research...I was like that...But I changed (I hope/think. Well i wasnt as bad as before)

Smilie you'll be a noob until all those 0% turn to 100's ;) :lol:

valdeztke said:
Smilie you'll be a noob until all those 0% turn to 100's ;) :lol:

eeeerr.....What? I dont get it sorry. What 0's? Ohhhhh in my sig? Hea i already got my own mjolnir armour thats the odst im working on (see avatar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back