Now Molding!!! Spase WIP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defektedtoy said:
CQNLOWX2FAUTESNIDEYD4DV3ZVDUQLFR.jpe

This post confused me to no end. Could you desipher it for me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
s-meister said:
This post confused me to no end. Could you desipher it for me please.

hahahah i hotlinked an image on an image hosting board and i guess they didn't like me doing that so i edited it.

It was a picture of a cat with text that said "This is relevant to my interests" above it.

Putty can be porous, but not necessarily, and I just prefer glaze because it is self leveling and seams to produce less pin holes...

Newest Helm pictures... there are still many rough spots not to yet my approval, but I am getting there...

gallery_3819_91_27656.jpg

wow, that's amazing work! really looks like molded armor.

did you fiberglass it, or is it just glaze? is glaze stronger than bondo putty?

WOW!
this is amazing! i think we need a tut..........
please!please!please!please!please!please!please!please!please!please!

I will post a step by step picture included file when i get finished with the Helm...

As for fiberglassing, its resin only on the outside, fiberglass mat and resin on the inside, glaze on theout side...

Google the prices or check your local auto parts store website, The glaze I use in Evercoat Metal glaze which is about $25.00 for 30 oz. It does adhere to the resin if you sand it first... and I am not sure which Bondo product you are referring to. One 30 oz bottle should get me through half of my armor, if there is not much wasted...

Spase said:
I will post a step by step picture included file when i get finished with the Helm...

As for fiberglassing, its resin only on the outside, fiberglass mat and resin on the inside, glaze on theout side...

i see. i think your method is better than sanding away edges! the helmet only gets thicker and stronger, and it doesn't matter if you accurately fiberglassed it.

The thing about just sanding away the edges is that underneath the outer layer of resin is a layer of paper, once you sand into it it tends to show up in paint. The paint soaks into the cardstock rather than covering it and you will have "funny" spots all over the place from the edges you sanded off, you could seal the edges again before painting it, but I still think you are better off with the method I use to end up with a molded look on top of a pep Helm...

When I am done, I hope people will be asking me where I bought my armor..

I am doing it by this method to get an accurately proportioned armor, and at some point in the future I plan to mold my helm...

After reading the post, I havn't seen how you actually apply it. Is it actually a "Paint-on" like the fiberglass resin, or do you spray it on? I saw pump mentioned, and thought it may be like one of those weed killer pump-the-can and spray. Either way, I think I'll return my bondo and get some of this. Really REALLY nice job :)

so, is it like liquidy or more of a putty? what did you apply it with, and do you have to sand to get that smooth look?

what's the hardness? can you sand it?

why METAL glaze?

Metal Glaze is just the name of the product, it works on fiberglass... it just prefer to use it over putty...

It is about the consistency of molasses

Yes you still have to sand it after you apply it....

I applied it with a flexible plastic putty knife..

Its neither "paint on" nor spary on, its more like..... umm.... smear on lol

how did you get the shape yo wanted?
smear it on and beat it into shape?

cuz isn't it almost kinda runny even if its like molasses, it'll slowly warp out of shape.

all of us would really like that tutorial :D

and what's the tape i see in the picture for?

The tape is probably painter's tape, and that helmet looks awesome keep up the good work, can't wait to see pictures of it when it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back