Now Molding!!! Spase WIP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Spase

See My Mold Making thread here: Spase's Helm Goes Plastic

I am excited to say I am venturing into molding now... Mold Materials should be here in the next few days... This is a very exciting time for me... I can't wait... $360.00 Dollars later I might add... maybe I will be able to make 2-3 helms..

I am also Changing this thread to my General Construction Pictures and WIP, as I am creating a full suit and molded Helm....

In the mean time I am starting on my Torso tonight, but that means I am only printing and marking it, maybe some folds.... cause I will be playing some much needed H3, catch me online later tonight, (GT: Spase) probably 8:00 - 12:00 PM CST 10/22/07 with a short break for Heroes... BTW... my tag name is pronounced like what you find around the earth.. as in outer SPACE... I am not a hyper child, i.e. Not SPAZZ

Thanks to Slyfo for providing the Pep files that made this Helm Possible... you can find his files from the Link here... Slyfo's Files

gallery_3819_91_1137.jpg

Oh. My. God. You are my master now, you must teach me your Bondo ways. Thats helmet is going to become perfect.

I think it's the bondo body filler, the putty you scrape on, Not sure, but Spase......you are the glaze master *bows* Post a small tutorial, please!.

Its actually not Bondo at all, its evercoat brand, and its a polyester glaze. It is similar to Bondo brand body filler and accomplishes the same job, I just prefer the way it works. You could use either. There are other companies that make polyester glaze...

How much does 1 cost? and how many will I need to buy as a estimate, I'm kinda rushing for halloween, still havent resined anything with a second coat on the outside, most legs havent even been resined for the first coat.

That one section of the helm took about 45 minutes from start to finish... I figure to do the whole helm it will take about 5-6 hours to get the detail I am attempting...

The Product I use is Evercoat "Metal Glaze", it is special formulated to work on steel, but it will also work fine on fiberglass resin (it needs to be snaded before you apply the glaze or it will just flake off when cured), we use it on the Corvette body woork... its approx $25.00 for a 30 oz pump bottle, a bit expensive but I refuse to use anything else... And I expect to use 2-3, maybe even 4 on the whole set of armor and my second helm, depending on the level of detail, and if I sand to much somewhere and have to reapply... ...

Evercoat Metal Glaze

amazing, works just like bondo? Do you mean sanded when you said snaded or is that a fancy term for something?

I noticed that you are cutting out details like where the helmet meets the cap. How do you do that do you just cut the area after the evercoat hardens?

looks sweet, but can't you sand it to look like that too?
well i mean the smoothness.. if you put enough glass on the inside

Questions:

- Is it a puddy? Or more of a liquid?
- It doesn't look like it adds bulk to the helmet. Is that from all the sanding or does it spread that nicely?
- Did you do anything else to it besides sand it to make it look that shiny and smooth?

s-meister said:
Questions:

- Is it a puddy? Or more of a liquid?
- It doesn't look like it adds bulk to the helmet. Is that from all the sanding or does it spread that nicely?
- Did you do anything else to it besides sand it to make it look that shiny and smooth?

I am interested in this as well.

And excellent job! I am envious of your skills good sir!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back