NZ-TK/Sigma Hayabusa Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
another person who hates the habayusa helmet here, but that things cool enough to almost make me change my mind! Nice work

volkov said:
another person who hates the habayusa helmet here, but that things cool enough to almost make me change my mind! Nice work
(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think he was thinking of melting the fiberglass and pouring it around on the inside of the helmet because fiberglassing the ridges is going to be very hard.

Gunnz777 said:
Nice job, NZ-TK, awesome model. Way to go Sigma!

Oh and by the way people, even though it's not reinforced or painted, I believe I'm the first to tackle the Hayabusa helm, though it is cardboard. Everybody seems to forget me. :/

i was second, following Gunnz...
see?!??! nooby eh?!?!?1 WAHH!!! i WANT PEP HAYABUSA!!!!! WWAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think he was thinking of melting the fiberglass and pouring it around on the inside of the helmet because fiberglassing the ridges is going to be very hard.
If you really wanted to do that, you could just cut up some chopped starnd matt, mix it through your resin and pour it in, then slush it. I dont see any reason why the outside couldnt be glassed though, just neeed to be tidy with it, make up a nice pattern in fabric then transfer it to your glass matt.

he wants to set it on fire, like a bungie employee.

Dead on. Bungie's flaming helmet thing is well-known now, but who's ever seen a real flaming helmet? Can you say YouTube video of the year?

I unfolded supertaco's shoulders and posted them in the download thread. Someone just needs to do the chest piece and then we'll have the full Hyabusa set. NZ, do you like chest perms? :)

Wow, took me forever to get the fiberglass glued into all those little nooks and crannies. I'll put up some new pics as soon as the resin dries.

For those of you waiting on the file. I'm sure it'll be ready as soon as NZ-TK finishes his modifications. There were a couple of times I had to make pep my bitch and mod some stuff from what the model said. I'll tell you from experience too, unfolding that thing is not a piece of cake either. Don't rush him, the new version you guys get should be quite alot friendlier.

Sigma, as I suggested in your CQB thread, you need to show us pictures when you're wearing the CQB and the Hayabusa with your full armor.

Garland said:
Dead on. Bungie's flaming helmet thing is well-known now, but who's ever seen a real flaming helmet? Can you say YouTube video of the year?

Fiberglass probably won't catch on fire IF you managed to get a flame hot enough. It will probably just burn and melt.

*sigh*, the only RELATIVLY safe thing I could think of doing is brushing on some rubbing alcohol in a few locations (Like, AWAY from your face, on the tip of the spikes...).Then, have the camera ready, and catching the two seconds of flames. Of course, this would ruin your paint job, and, well, would be an idiotic move. I suggest that you stay away from fire.

Here it is fiberglassed. I think this is the part of the process when the helm is fugliest. I'll clean it up draw on some detail lines and start giving it the bondo treatment pronto.

Some new full armor pics later. I've kinda been waiting to get my link AR in so I can do some new cool poses. At the least I'll do it once I've finished the Hayabusa.

pics

HPIM1209.jpg

HPIM1210.jpg

HPIM1213.jpg

HPIM1211.jpg

HPIM1212.jpg

Sigma-LS said:
Here it is fiberglassed. I think this is the part of the process when the helm is fugliest. I'll clean it up draw on some detail lines and start giving it the bondo treatment pronto.

Some new full armor pics later. I've kinda been waiting to get my link AR in so I can do some new cool poses. At the least I'll do it once I've finished the Hayabusa.

pics

I love it! I never liked that helmet in the game...... But it'd AWESOME, one of the best looking helmet types in the real world!

applied the resin a little heavy on the outside or did the shape of the helmet have a hand in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back