NZ-TK/Sigma Hayabusa Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Doc! :D

crackhead09- I had to mix 3 batches of resin to cover the entire thing. By the end my brush was getting sticky so I got a little sloppy. I also had to cover a couple of areas where the face mask attaches extra well. Oh well, nothing a little dremel work won't fix.

Coming along pretty good. You sure are cranking out those permutation helmets pretty quick, and with great accuracy. By the way, it looks a lot like your Patlabor guy.

Dude, if you made me an HD H3 Mk 5 or an HD CQB chest I would so give you a pull of the CQB or the Hayabusa.

Smoothing is coming along. I'll update with pics as soon as I have about half of it done.

Hey Sigma will this turn out like the CQB Helmet. Oh and you removed me from your Xbox Live Friends List :mad: I sent you a friend request again. Plus like 200 messages. :D I would really like to still be your friend. Im Kevinx001 on XBL.

Very nice! I'm glad to see you on this project, after what you did with the CQB, i cannot wait to see the finish of this.

Everyone wanted the H3 Beta, right?
They sure did, there was also about 5 pages of bitching at slyfo cause of the quality, notice he's not around anymore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick update because a few folks were interested in how I was going to smooth the crest spikes. So here it is. I basically took the wall off before it set and let everything settle down into the little nooks and crannies. Then after it set but was still soft, I took a small screwdriver and scoured out the excess in-between them. Then I sanded it.

I still need to go over a couple small spots with some glaze putty but I think it came out good for the most part.

HPIM1222.jpg

HPIM1223.jpg

HPIM1225.jpg

HPIM1226.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back