NZ-TK/Sigma Hayabusa Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
So as some of you know, NZ-TK made an awesome HD Hayabusa model and has been modifying it to work for pepakura. He asked me if I would like to Beta test it and I couldn't have been more thrilled. 50 hours of unfolding and folding later, the paper model is done. This is definitely the most complex piece of pep I've ever done but worth every fold.

Since this is the Beta model, there are still some kinks to be worked out so it's not ready for release yet. ;)

I dislike Hayabusa camper n00bs as much as the next guy, but I know plenty of folks who are good players and wear it. Just think of the possibilities for a good one (real flaming helmet, pink bitchslap ninja, paint it gold and write K1N9 n00B on it, or just make it match with my regular suit)

Fiberglassing soonly with bondo and details to follow.

pics (helm stuffed with an old T-shirt to hold it's shape)

HPIM1201.jpg

HPIM1208.jpg

HPIM1204.jpg

HPIM1202.jpg

HPIM1203.jpg

A very tired me after the last 16 hour push to get it done.

HPIM1191.jpg

Sigma, that's really cool. I think if you finished this up it would be the first completed hayabusa helm?
(And thanks for the help with the glaze/mud. =])

holy hell plain and simple.... holy hell...... :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy: :not worthy:

Wow, already three comments and it's only been up for a few minutes. Thanks guys!

Dark Rogue said:
Sigma, that's really cool. I think if you finished this up it would be the first completed hayabusa helm?
(And thanks for the help with the glaze/mud. =])

Yep, and I'm hoping to make one that will set the bar. And np on the glaze technique stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, impressive! im not a fan of that helmet.. infact i tend to attack the people who wair it first out a group but seeing an acuial one certinly is cool. very nice model, the topography seems quite clean.

EDIT: i do, however, avoid people who wair pink or amazing bad colours.. cuz its usuialy halos version of natures warning colours

Dang that thing is complicated! Looks very nice, It's too bad I dont like the hayabusa, I like MC's and odst's the best ;p

But still, very nice to see nz-tk made the hayabusa, many people have requested it, but now, we will be seeing lots of kids saying "this is too HARDd1!11!, giv me a easier one plz!121"

AoBfrost said:
Dang that thing is complicated! Looks very nice, It's too bad I dont like the hayabusa, I like MC's and odst's the best ;p

But still, very nice to see nz-tk made the hayabusa, many people have requested it, but now, we will be seeing lots of kids saying "this is too HARDd1!11!, giv me a easier one plz!121"

nightmares.......

iamyourcousin228 said:
How was it diffficulty wise? Nice!
From the looks of the details in the chin and upper helmet areas, this one definitely takes the cake. I'm up for a challenge, though. :D

Alphonse! :D

Great helmet. I don't like the varient, but it looks really nice! Great job, hope you do as well on this one as your other one. :)

Paint it pink, wear it, and run through town screaming 'NEON-DA PINKA BITCH-SLAP', and I will be your loving man-slut from now until eternity.

I'm glad so many folks are interested where this is going, and thanks for the encouragement all. It's kind of funny to think I have to live up to my CQB now. :lol:

Thanks to the people who answered each others questions as well.

I'm going to go ahead and glass it today and see if I can't get started on smoothing this puppy. I love the holidays :cool:

Primal Weyland said:
Paint it pink, wear it, and run through town screaming 'NEON-DA PINKA BITCH-SLAP', and I will be your loving man-slut from now until eternity.
what the heck o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back