Obsessed fangirl or a disease? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Okay, so for those of you that know me well enough have already figured out by now that I am totally obsessed with Halo and that I will collect ANYTHING of Halo. However, I just don't hink some people understand it when I say that I collect anything and everything I possibly can! XD

Let me explain.........

Remember when Mountain Dew was promoting Halo Reach and you could get different flavors and each one had a certain character? I would buy 2 of each.......one to drink and one to save. I did the same with the Halo 3 game fuel. I still have that unopened can! XD Okay, so that might not be too bad since I know of other people that have unopened containers of Halo refreshment. :p

How about this........Doritos was also advertising for Halo Reach........I saved both an opened and unopened bag of both flavors AND for the ones that I opened, I made sure to open the bag VERY carefully in order to keep it nice and neat and so that the bag didn't rip down the side or anything. XD Awkward? Maybe. lol

Here's a good one..........when you buy a Halo shirt or hat, sometimes they will have a tag that says Halo on it and may have a picture of Master Chief on it...........I save those too! Even the packages from the Halo pins and mini fridge magnets........yup! Saved those. XD

I recently had to FORCE myself to discard the empty Halo figure packages as I think it was starting to show signs of hoarding. When I buy a figure, I would carefully cut the top of the plastic to create a sort of flip top lid and pull the figure out, remove the figure and then save the package because it was HALO! XD I have over 100 figures, but very few were bought loose off ebay, although you can still imagine how many empty Halo boxes I had. This goes for ANY packaged Halo item I bought. However, I saved SOME of the empty figure packages for the more rare figures. Like the Gamestop powerup rewards blue elite figure. :p SOME items have been left unopened though.

I also have a large photo album that did at one point contain pictures and other memorable items, but I removed it to transform it into my "Halo Clipart" album. XD I saved Halo articles from magazines and even have part of the H3 Gamefuel can label that I cut the top and bottom off of then cut it so I could lay it out flat in the photo album. I also keep the Halo comic books in it as well. It's a pretty thick photo album. :p

At first the whole "Halo collecting" didn't seem like anything at first, but it's gotten to the point where I literally save/collect ANYTHING that I possibly can that is Halo related! Although, the item MUST be an official licensed item. I won't buy any fan made art or a Halo shirt from a t-shirt company that just slaps a picture onto a shirt.

And NOW that I have become aware of the pepakura thing and all the models of Halo things, that just opened a WHOLE NEW WORLD! XD

So would you say that my Halo collecting is just a huge obsession or more of a disease? XD LMAO Also, no flamming guys. :\ It's my hobby and it's something I enjoy doing. It keeps me at ease. At least I'm not doing drugs. XD lol

I think lots of people have a huge obsession with all sorts of different things. It's just only with nerdy subjects that it seems abnormal, but that's only because of the perception that it is abnormal. I seem to get into the habit of collecting too, and yes I have the game fuel (I also have a bottle of powerade from the Matrix Reloaded, lol). Most of my figures are unopened too, but ones that I do open, I just by two, one to open and one to keep. And just like you, I very carefully slice the package open. In fact, your behavior fits into a sort of norm, as I'm sure lots and lots of people do the exact same thing too.

i don't think that its too strange, i think when you start to sacrifase the important stuff that is need for you to live or for your family to live thats when i think you'll need some help, if pass something in a store thats halo related, will you drop everything your doing to get it?? even though the money you have you need 4 important like food or bills (and yes i just said you don't need halo to live) then there is a problem, if you play with you figures i think its a little childish espacially when i see my 18 yr old brother playing with them. if you have a whole room where its all halo, and everything is shrink wraped in protective plastic and coated in cosmoline, and u only open the bags with a microscope, rubber gloves, and a pair of tweezers then you have a MAJOR!!! problem and may need to seek help...... i think when you said that u took that album and emtied it out just for your halo stuff i at least hope you got another album for the photos you took out.................... basically if you neglecting: food, time, space, memories, family, and more importantly money for bills. just so you can buy a idk a halo condom wrapper off of ebay, you got a problem...... but thats me

if it's a hobby, and you enjoy it, stick with it, it isn't that unhealty as drugs or sigarretes :p
but if you would give up your life, friends and family for it, then it's going out of control. also, keep in mind, everything is expendible.
i have seen your pics of your collection, IT IS AMAZING. i like the fact that you collect these things (I don't keep it in the package, because the real beauty doesn't come out)

as long if you don't suffer from it, in any way, it's fine.

keep the collecting up:p

I think all of you are nuts.....jk, Im glad I dont have that trait or I would have mass collections from several different games,anime,movies,books,zombies,craft/micro brew beer bottles and 40's-50's era items.
But each to their own as long as it doesnt affect every aspect of your life and you dont end up on the show Hoarders its all good

Im very selective about what I get from Halo. It HAS to be something I think is one of the cooler aspects or one of the better/more fun parts of the game. Or something I use a lot in the game. Of course I have some T shirts and even a hooded jacket (Which I LOVE) that are Halo products not from the games. There are four of us here that love Halo, if you want, I can maybe save some of the smaller tags and things and send them to you once I get ten or so?

Oh btw this thread made me remember that my oldest boy wore my ODST hoodie to school and played in super glue and got it all over the front of my hoodie and it had to be thrown out! :mad: I havent seen another one since to replace it.

I understand your collection and its a bit more than most, but not that extreme when you look at others collections of different things. Say comic books for instance, or Star Wars things... coins, stamps etc.

If you enjoy it, and it doesnt hurt the budget or living space, keep going with it. And if it takes up too much room... get a bigger house! :) lol As long as it fits the budget lol.

i don't think that its too strange, i think when you start to sacrifase the important stuff that is need for you to live or for your family to live thats when i think you'll need some help, if pass something in a store thats halo related, will you drop everything your doing to get it?? even though the money you have you need 4 important like food or bills (and yes i just said you don't need halo to live) then there is a problem, if you play with you figures i think its a little childish espacially when i see my 18 yr old brother playing with them. if you have a whole room where its all halo, and everything is shrink wraped in protective plastic and coated in cosmoline, and u only open the bags with a microscope, rubber gloves, and a pair of tweezers then you have a MAJOR!!! problem and may need to seek help...... i think when you said that u took that album and emtied it out just for your halo stuff i at least hope you got another album for the photos you took out.................... basically if you neglecting: food, time, space, memories, family, and more importantly money for bills. just so you can buy a idk a halo condom wrapper off of ebay, you got a problem...... but thats me

Ummm..........hehe *shifty eyes*

Okay, SOME of that describes me. Yes, a bill has been put off here and there because of some Halo related item. This stuff is hard to come by and normally, if I see it that one time, chances are I will never see it again so I buy it when I see it if I don't have it yet. XD

And I HAVE been known to handle my trading cards with gloves to ensure that no finger prints get on them. I also throughoughly wash my hands before handling them too. And when working on setting my figures up for display, I treat them as if they are fragile glass and I am very careful when handling them. XD

Also, Halo stuff is EVERYWHERE in my house. I have dubbed my home a Halo museum. XD Some people may limit their stuff to one room for their collection............I use the whole d*** house! XD LMAO I have stuff hanging from the ceiling, framed Halo posters all over the walls. Halo is LITERALLY EVERYWHERE you look! I'm actually working on where to hang my 9 foot by 5 foot Halo Reach banner. XD haha

I think you deserve this:

XBOXACHIEVEMENT.jpg

I think that it is a great hobby. To a degree I have the same problem. I don't collect the official stuff, I collect the props and stuff that looks like it could be used in real life.

Haha, I did the same thing with Iron Man and Halo until I hit 18, then I ran out of room and started chucking and saving as I'd rather have a Halo Costume hanging up in my room and a bunch of halo stuff.

Niki - Its the same situation here with me.....I have a closet full of mcfarlane boxes and keep ALL of the wrappers and boxes. So, of course I dont think its abnormal! I have the same ...eh...situation that you have!

Niki - Its the same situation here with me.....I have a closet full of mcfarlane boxes and keep ALL of the wrappers and boxes. So, of course I dont think its abnormal! I have the same ...eh...situation that you have!

I'm not alone! baahahahahaaaaa XD

Also, there is a thread on this site where people were posting their Halo collection. My list IS in that thread. However, I have A LOT more stuff than what is on that list now. So if you ever saw my list and saw how much there was, you can only imagine what it's like now and I manage to make room for everything. :p haha

When I was in high school I had exactly 87 dragon ball z posters on every wall and ceiling of my room and some others from games and anime series. That was my first collection of anything besides trading cards and magazines.

Since 2005 I became collector of rare games, anime figures, resin statues, transformers, mangas, and I have almost 50% of their original boxes and manuals still stored in my backyard, under my bed and some of them in my closet.

In 2007, when I met Halo, I began collecting their books, comics, games and recently the Mcfarlane figures.

Like you, I love to collect these kind of things, just because I like them, but being a collector of this magnitude requires a lot of space and order. The sense of collecting things isn't only collect and store them, is being able to maintain them clean, show them to others and being proud of them.

In my humble opinion, being a Halo fan like you ( a Halotaku ?) is a great (and expensive XD) hobbie. In fact, I'm looking forward to have as many Halo figures as you.

The only problem with this kind of hobbie is when it begins to affect your life in extreme ways, for example, putting your family, friends or health in second place. Sounds extreme, but believe me, it happens... a lot.

"In this all new episode of "fanboy confessionals"... Halo"

You need to see the show to get it.

Anyways, i can say its not a disease... or at least a documented one lol. I would say a large amount of people here do the same things, and its awesome. Halo Hording Disease "HHD":confused is light compared to normal Hording, i even do it. I even have stuff like Halo 2 Slurpee coupons from the Legendary case on my wall, not to mention the Recon card, Gamestop Armor card and 48 card from Reach on the wall :) An many, many more.

My halo 2 slupee cups got destroyed so all i have left is the coupon... :(

"In this all new episode of "fanboy confessionals"... Halo"

You need to see the show to get it.

Anyways, i can say its not a disease... or at least a documented one lol. I would say a large amount of people here do the same things, and its awesome. Halo Hording Disease "HHD":confused is light compared to normal Hording, i even do it. I even have stuff like Halo 2 Slurpee coupons from the Legendary case on my wall, not to mention the Recon card, Gamestop Armor card and 48 card from Reach on the wall :) An many, many more.

My halo 2 slupee cups got destroyed so all i have left is the coupon... :(

I know how ya feel. Although only one of my Halo 2 slurpee cups got ruined in the dishawasher. Basically took the image right off the cup! D: I've been looking to replace it. Found someone selling all 3, but wants to sell them as a whole. I just want the one! :(

Ummm..........hehe *shifty eyes*

Okay, SOME of that describes me. Yes, a bill has been put off here and there because of some Halo related item. This stuff is hard to come by and normally, if I see it that one time, chances are I will never see it again so I buy it when I see it if I don't have it yet. XD

And I HAVE been known to handle my trading cards with gloves to ensure that no finger prints get on them. I also throughoughly wash my hands before handling them too. And when working on setting my figures up for display, I treat them as if they are fragile glass and I am very careful when handling them. XD

Also, Halo stuff is EVERYWHERE in my house. I have dubbed my home a Halo museum. XD Some people may limit their stuff to one room for their collection............I use the whole d*** house! XD LMAO I have stuff hanging from the ceiling, framed Halo posters all over the walls. Halo is LITERALLY EVERYWHERE you look! I'm actually working on where to hang my 9 foot by 5 foot Halo Reach banner. XD haha

hey its not my house so it doesn't matter to me, i guess so long as your man is fine with it and your kids aren't too embarressed to have friends over... of course this is what a basement is for... anything i stared to collect my interest died off for it

hey its not my house so it doesn't matter to me, i guess so long as your man is fine with it and your kids aren't too embarressed to have friends over... of course this is what a basement is for... anything i stared to collect my interest died off for it

My man doesn't mind one bit and I have NO kids and will NEVER have kids so I don't need to worry about them. If I had kids, I probably wouldn't even have the collection I have to this day. :p I have a couple thousand wrapped up into my collection! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back