ODST And Recon Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks... I have some more work to get it ready for being the Molding Master...

On the bright side, I got 3 and half hours of sleep... wait, that's not a bright side...

Try this again... on the bright side, the professionally aged Mold Max did work.

Back to the daily grind... being an Engineer. More work on the helmet tonight.

Sweet looking helmet you got there Spase! For some reason i wasn't convinced that this would work...but ti turned out great, cannot wait to see the other one done!

Got a little work done, not quite done... Vents and cheeks and a few other blurbs... and build the visor... it never ends...

Happy updating...

Sweet. Nice work Spase.
I am going to be honest, I did not think it was going to look that awesome from all of the pictures I've seen with it being 100% white. When there is color on it, it definitely looks way better...even if the color is just the visor.

I do not Own the SMG, borrowed for the time being. It was purchased some time back, and loaned to me to mold, and that was a year ago. But yea for a game that's main weapon is an SMG. Going be doing some work and modification as a favor in exchange for a cast of it.

Hope modifying the SMG turns out well.

As a side note do you, or anyone else that might be reading this have any suggestions for ODST armor?

The Original SMG belongs to SigmaLS, he acquired it some time ago.

Here is a painted version of the ODST, with the visor is stuck in place, but has yet to be cut to shape and be fit in. Overall, coloring seems to be ok... needs to be "weathered though"... I hate the "new" look.

Plus... other happenings in my spare time...

Yes, the forearm is scratch built, but I would more call it scrap built... built from various materials I had laying around, and a re-purposed buckle from a snow board binding I broke in the half pipe...

Forearm is actually symmetrical accept for one armor plate" which I have one for the left and one for the right arm. Designed so that 2 cast pieces could be made from one part, then add the non-symmetrical pieces (one plate and buckle), thereby making a right and left forearm. I added a thick pad to hold it in place, but it's actually a bit thinner "wall thickness" to accommodate a sleeve under the piece. Overall, not bad for 3 hours. Just noticed there are no views for the funny vented thingy on the top of the arm... I'll have to fix that tonight.

Not sure I will do a run of these... The interest in purchasing molded armor is not what it once was, of course I will have them molded for personal use. I suppose if the interest were high enough, I may consider doing a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back