ODST And Recon Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spase said:
Not sure I will do a run of these... The interest in purchasing molded armor is not what it once was, of course I will have them molded for personal use. I suppose if the interest were high enough, I may consider doing a run.

Thats sweet. You should do 360 views of the helmet, smg, and gauntlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to do 360 Video, much easier to get a feel for it spatially when you can see it... I'm hopefully going to get that visor cut for the ODST. If I can get that done, I'll shoot a quick vid... Waiting on silicone cure up for the Recon.... SMG getting prepped for Molds.

Probably could have said everything I have said in the last 3 replies in my initial reply, but my brain is running a bit behind, had my head in a refrigerator trying to get it cleaned out for the Move into the new house.... everything still smells like bleach if you get my drift.

Basically, saying I am busy is an understatement, full time job, family, hobbies, moving... amazing I can keep my focus at all.

Spase said:
I'll try to do 360 Video, much easier to get a feel for it spatially when you can see it... I'm hopefully going to get that visor cut for the ODST. If I can get that done, I'll shoot a quick vid... Waiting on silicone cure up for the Recon.... SMG getting prepped for Molds.

Probably could have said everything I have said in the last 3 replies in my initial reply, but my brain is running a bit behind, had my head in a refrigerator trying to get it cleaned out for the Move into the new house.... everything still smells like bleach if you get my drift.

Basically, saying I am busy is an understatement, full time job, family, hobbies, moving... amazing I can keep my focus at all.

Props.
So what else needs to be done to the odst before its ready?

Before it's ready to be the Master of my ODST mold?...
<ul>[*]Clean up the vents to be cleaner castings[*]Cut the visor to the correct shape, fit and attach it to the helmet[*]Give it a good once over, clear coat, and mold.[/list]
I believe that's really about it.

Spase, if you wanna do a one off for all the ODST stuff your doing, note, have you seen my Secret Apprentice for sale? I'd love to trade that for your odst stuff, it's worth at least 900.....would that be alright?

Lemme know if your interested bro.

- Fitz

Spase said:
Yes, the forearm is scratch built, but I would more call it scrap built... built from various materials I had laying around, and a re-purposed buckle from a snow board binding I broke in the half pipe...

Forearm is actually symmetrical accept for one armor plate" which I have one for the left and one for the right arm. Designed so that 2 cast pieces could be made from one part, then add the non-symmetrical pieces (one plate and buckle), thereby making a right and left forearm. I added a thick pad to hold it in place, but it's actually a bit thinner "wall thickness" to accommodate a sleeve under the piece. Overall, not bad for 3 hours. Just noticed there are no views for the funny vented thingy on the top of the arm... I'll have to fix that tonight.

Riding in Texas? :lol:

Spase said:
Not sure I will do a run of these... The interest in purchasing molded armor is not what it once was, of course I will have them molded for personal use. I suppose if the interest were high enough, I may consider doing a run.

Will you be putting in some leds in this helmet for "flashlight" usage? I am talking like something similar to the MK VI model you made.

Possible... working out the Visor situation at the moment... having a bit of difficulty making the visor hold its shape while installing in the helmet...

But once that is solved, It is always possible to put lights in a helmet similar to a MK VI... custom style.

Spase said:
Possible... working out the Visor situation at the moment... having a bit of difficulty making the visor hold its shape while installing in the helmet...

But once that is solved, It is always possible to put lights in a helmet similar to a MK VI... custom style.

Ya, fo show. I had that problem with the first helmet I made, but that is because the visor I bought wasn't curved like it should have been, so basically I attached it with a lot of duct tape, and then after about a day, it started to pull back into its original state, and cracked the fiberglass around the cheek-visor connection area. Thats why I have so many questions about installing visors lol.

wha..tha...hup..da..uh? If that is the cast from the sculpt you did, I'm freaking blown away! I can't even begin to say how great it looks.

That's really awesome! Hey, I've got a full suit of Pepakura'd ODST armor. What do I do now? I mean, could somebody help me out? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back