ODST Armor v6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerverant

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Hi everyone!

I've been part of the 405th Mexican Regiment for a while, but I've never posted here D: so, with the Halo 3 ODST launch on pc a few days ago, and with the release of the Official Rookie Cosplay Guide, I wanted to remake some parts of my current ODST, to make it look much more accurate (also, the last update I've made to my cosplay was like 2 years ago) so, its time!

I tought it'll be nice to post the progress here.

Index:
Torso
Helmet
Shoulders

Gloves
Forearms
Thighs
Backpack
Boots

Finished armor!

Comparison between all my ODST versions

First of all: here is a pic of my current ODST (v5):

49864396_2194344187264356_128111680369459200_n.jpg

And here is a pic of my finished v6 armor:

ODST Complete_0002_02.jpg

9eYsR4v.jpg

Jerverant Cosplay · Instagram

Last edited:
Torso

After a long week, I managed to finish the new torso piece. I used for the base, my old torso, which I just repainted, and replaced some parts (specifically: Chest plate, Belt, Codpiece, Neck and Buckles/D-rings). Also, added a few screws to have a more accurate look.

Here is a before-after comparison:

01_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

02_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

To have a better look: the shoulders, neck and belt base are eva foam pieces covered in canvas fabric.

One of the issues I had with my v5 armor, was the buckles and D-rings: they weren't accurate enough, so, following the Official Rookie guide, I made some templates, laser cutted and molded them, to have an exact copy of the original pieces.

03_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

Also, the knive and sheath were upgraded: just a little sanding, repainting, and it was done.

04_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

To attach the knive in the fanny pack, I only used 2 strips with velcro, so I can remove it.

05_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

And that's all for now! I don't know what will be the next piece to be done, maybe the shoulders or the helmet.

Thanks for reading!

9eYsR4v.jpg

Last edited:
I love your build!
especially your logo on the chestplate, nice detail that gave me an idea for mine, whenever I build it

by the by, you could do a punished venom snake in ODST gear

Looks great! you really improved from the older one to the new. the knife on the fanny pack is a nice touch.

Man - all of these awesome ODST builds really makes me want to build one after I finish my MK VI

How are you making the padded straps that go over the shoulders that the silver buckles attach to? They look like generic backpack straps at first but they look custom made. I've seen similar ones on lots of builds. Any advice on how you went about that or who or where you got them from? Thanks man! The V6 armor looks fantastic!!

Edit: I figured out the strap issue! Armor is amazing, looking forward to future updates!

Last edited:
How are you making the padded straps that go over the shoulders that the silver buckles attach to? They look like generic backpack straps at first but they look custom made. I've seen similar ones on lots of builds. Any advice on how you went about that or who or where you got them from? Thanks man! The V6 armor looks fantastic!!

Edit: I figured out the strap issue! Armor is amazing, looking forward to future updates!
Hey! Thanks!

They are made of eva foam, covered with canvas fabric, I just used the same foam template but I enlarged it a little.

Spoiler alert: I don't think to be working much on this armor until january :( I had tons of commissions to work on that won't let me continue :cry:
I'm working hard to return to this project as soon as possible, even with the Halo: Infinite hype I can't postpone it anymore :lol:

Stay tuned! and thanks everybody for the love :3

Helmet

I'ts been 84 years! But I'm back with my build.

I've finished my new helmet, which is made out of pepakura, fiberglass and bondo, with some eva foam details. The Halo: Reach attachments are entirely eva foam, different thickness.

Maybe you're wondering, why put the Halo: Reach attachments into a Halo 3 ODST?, well, the answer is just because I wanted :lol: I love the way that an ODST helmet looks with those attachments, and is my custom build, so, why not?

Instagram_AdBlank_0005_ODSTH_01.jpg

Here are more pictures of the finished helmet, with a comparisson with the helmet I've made in 2017:

ODST Helmet - Forum_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

ODST Helmet - Forum_Mesa de trabajo 1 copia.jpg

Also, here are pictures of the progress: pepakura, resin and fiberglass, bondo, sanding hell, spot putty, done!

ODST Helmet - Forum_Mesa de trabajo 1 copia 2.jpg

One interesting thing I've made, are the respirators. I used micro-perforated vinyl to make that "net" effect.

ODST Helmet - Forum-04.jpg

And that's all! (for now). The next thing I'll be building are the shoulders.

Thanks for reading!

Jerverant Cosplay - Banner_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back